It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: 2D JDM art for Gti
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:48 pm 

Hi Guys, maybe you can help me.
I'm pretty sure I recall seeing someone who had done a front and rear MK3 (?) gti in the art form like attached (I can't find the official name for that style either). I can't find it anywhere by searching on site or off site. Any ideas?

Attachments:
RX7.JPG
RX7.JPG [ 14.49 KiB | Viewed 975 times ]

Post subject: Re: 2D JDM art for Gti
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:11 am 

That style of artwork is called “line art” and most of what you will find will be copywrited so if you want to sell anything made from it will get the owner angry. There are programs around that will vectorise a photo and you get the same thing which makes it yours and you can do what you want with it. I do not know of many free programs but there are probably some out there, i used microsoft paint in the old days and it was painfully slow and i think i also used another program as well which i can’t remember. I currently use signage software that basicaly copies a photo into a 2d representation of 3d, this sort of software is not free unless it is cracked. Not impossable to get but risky. Another way is to spend hours on google changing the search wording and file size patterns and try and get lucky but they are not too popular any more so probably wont find much. Just spend time on google probably your best bet unless someone does not mind sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:19 am 

was attempting to do as OP wanted, ended up with this. Looked cool so thought id post it.

Attachment:
swift rear mod.png
swift rear mod.png [ 119.38 KiB | Viewed 920 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:20 am 

and without the colouring

Attachments:
swift rear mod 2.png
swift rear mod 2.png [ 48.96 KiB | Viewed 915 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:27 am 

and the inverse

Attachments:
swift black.png
swift black.png [ 114.1 KiB | Viewed 913 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:32 am 

saczel wrote:
That style of artwork is called “line art” and most of what you will find will be copywrited so if you want to sell anything made from it will get the owner angry. There are programs around that will vectorize a photo and you get the same thing which makes it yours and you can do what you want with it. I do not know of many free programs but there are probably some out there, I used Microsoft paint in the old days and it was painfully slow and I think I also used another program as well which I can’t remember. I currently use signage software that basically copies a photo into a 2d representation of 3d, this sort of software is not free unless it is cracked. Not impossible to get but risky. Another way is to spend hours on google changing the search wording and file size patterns and try and get lucky but they are not too popular anymore so probably won't find much. Just spend time on google probably your best bet unless someone does not mind sharing.

Thanks for all your replies, I'm not trying to sell it - it's for personal use. I use photoshop myself so I can get a similar result (attached) but it's not up to the standard I want. I'm talking to my brother who does graphic design to see what he can produce.

Attachments:
MK3Rear.JPG
MK3Rear.JPG [ 11.34 KiB | Viewed 904 times ]
MK3Front.JPG
MK3Front.JPG [ 10.92 KiB | Viewed 904 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:12 pm 

All good, was a bit of fun and gave me a few ideas for some artwork later on. Your bro doing pro work will have a better solution. Besides, PS does not do it in vector :D