Mik's Gti

Post the details of your Suzuki build progress
StinkyWizzleteats

New intank walbro pump fitted and noisy 044 removed. So much more comfortable soundwise inside the car now and engine bay is tidy looking again.
New ebay special driveshafts fitted will see how well they hold out down the 1/4 with semi-slicks fitted in a few weeks time.
Have painted the 14's and am just giving the paint a week or so to cure before fitting tyres.
Also made a LCA brace from stuff laying around the garage with welding help and hoist use from the boys at SuziAuto (thanks guys 8) ).
Attachments
lca brace.jpg
lca brace on car.jpg
black 14's.jpg
southy

Rims should look nice on it mate!
TEAM RIFF RAFF
Rasputin wrote: Yes. I like hard parking faggots and want to be one. It's my dream
Thanks,
Dan.
pictureshowman

Is it just me but in the diff photo just under the PG there looks to be a hairline crack. Or is it just a hair?
If "X" is an Unknown quantity, and a Spurt is a drip under pressure, then an "EXPERT" is an "Unknown Drip Under Pressure".
Why dont they just call it "Womenapause" instead.
StinkyWizzleteats

It's a bristle from a brush :wink:
The rims will only be used for drags and track days as the tyres aren't road legal, unfortunately. And it'd be pretty hard to convince the popo that 1 single treadline is the norm :lol:
Would love to repaint my current rims but with all the tight angles it'll be a bi**h to do. And to get them powdercoated or done professionally will cost just as much as a new set.
StinkyWizzleteats

2 tyres fitted and ready for the drags 8) and also a pic of the weight of the rims. Nothing special though, 6.5kg. Also, there's only 13mm difference in diameter between the 15's and 14's (14's being smaller). Not sure if it'll make much difference to gearing or acceleration though.
Attachments
front.jpg
side view.jpg
frontview.jpg
rear view.jpg
weight.jpg
tjmgti

looking good. Your needs more low :mrgreen:
You going to do a big skid at the drags?
StinkyWizzleteats

Will need to skid to clean them up, not sure about a big one though to start with, needs more powazz for that :lol: :wink:
StinkyWizzleteats

A few changes have happened since the last post over a year ago :shock:
Have finally got around to changing the wheel colour to black. Makes it look like a new car again (not quite :lol: ).
Bars have just got a full strip and repaint as well as the rear wing and IC got a quick spray of black to clean up the look of the front end. Pretty chuffed with my amature garage skills 8)
Car has received all new bushings in the rear and a couple were well over due when looking at the crush tubes.
Also fitted a welded diff which is probably the biggest transformation I have noticed of any of the mods. Very different car to drive now and has taken some time to get used to it. Will be sporting Popey arms in the not too distant future :lol:
Attachments
fresh1.jpg
fresh2.jpg
bars1.jpg
bars2.jpg
black15's.jpg
Tassie_mk1

Looks great mate! How do you find the welded diff co oared to the lsd for daily use? I've just bought an lsd setup for mine so curious how you have found it. I'm doing the verse but haven't driven far on the weldy ;)
Back in the game! Now building something mental... Will I ever finish? I hope so! When? No idea.
StinkyWizzleteats

Night and day between a pg and welded diff. I was warned by plenty of people that it is very harsh for a daily and to be honest, when I first drove out of my driveway I thought WTF was I thinking? :shock: :lol:
It's been in there for over a month and am pretty much used to it now until it comes to tight carparks and having to do 20 point turns with the car wanting to bunnyhop in reverse as the tyres fight each other :oops:
The other thing to bare in mind is that the wheels snap straight instantly if you let go of the steering wheel while driving around corners. No lazy let it slide through your hands, it needs to be guided back.
StinkyWizzleteats

I forgot that I also replaced the 2 front engine mounts with 70 shore poly mounts. Already had a superpro rear mount + engine steady and the engine aint going nowhere :mrgreen:
The rest of the car may fall apart due to vibrations though 8-[

In waiting, there's a set of slotted rotors for the front as well as rs415 calipers. Just waiting on prices and availability on pads that I'm after.
Tassie_mk1

StinkyWizzleteats wrote:Night and day between a pg and welded diff. I was warned by plenty of people that it is very harsh for a daily and to be honest, when I first drove out of my driveway I thought WTF was I thinking? :shock: :lol:
It's been in there for over a month and am pretty much used to it now until it comes to tight carparks and having to do 20 point turns with the car wanting to bunnyhop in reverse as the tyres fight each other :oops:
The other thing to bare in mind is that the wheels snap straight instantly if you let go of the steering wheel while driving around corners. No lazy let it slide through your hands, it needs to be guided back.
Yeah cool, sounds like what I've had with mine. I'm switching to LSD as the plan (at the minute) is the car will be more daily than track use so LSD will be easier on the arms while not a flash on the track. I'll still have a nice welded box there if I want it or decide to do my own Popeye impersonation though :P

Cheers

Good to see this progressing. Can't wait to see what's next!
Back in the game! Now building something mental... Will I ever finish? I hope so! When? No idea.
tjmgti

Your car is looking real nice. Just needs abit more low.
StinkyWizzleteats

You keep telling me that lol. Maybe one day.
Tassie_mk1

StinkyWizzleteats wrote:You keep telling me that lol. Maybe one day.
Only needs more low if it makes the car better for you ;)
FlyingGrape

Sure, agree with all comments...but needs more low :lol:
ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph
StinkyWizzleteats

The needs more low that everyone was talking about :lol:
Attachments
20200405_142204.jpg
20200405_142137.jpg
20200405_142127.jpg
gtpswift

Nice! wheels fit well now!
StinkyWizzleteats

gtpswift wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:32 pm Nice! wheels fit well now!
Cheers.
There's also front and rear camber now with rear camber plates fitted and front coilovers. 1.5 rear and about 1.1 or 1.2 degrees up front. Could probably do 10mm more (or less?) offset to bring the tyres closer out to the guards.