It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: SISOC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:06 pm 

SISOC is now DEAD.... site now closed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:50 pm 

Hi Guys, nice site here!

Newbie here, Dave from across the water in the UK. A few members from sisoc have given some great comments about this place, just though id pop in and say hello!

I understand quite a few members on here and other sites, have had trouble registering onto sisoc.co.uk. I can only apologise on the clubs behalf for this, but we werent aware of this until recently. The owner has eventually had enough and has now shut down the site.

If i can aplogise on behalf of the site and what happened if anyone tried to join, but it was simply out of our hands.

A new Ignis Sport owners club has been set up by myself and Jimmy and has been open for nearly a month now and has close to 100(all fairly active) members.

If anyone is interested in joining please get in touch

[email protected]

Many thanks again

Dave

http://www.ignissportoc.com

Last edited by Daveymo on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:40 am 

Whilst googling the term “sisoc” (out of interest) my browser landed me here, I also checked some ‘other’ forums and found a trend in the information posted since I decided to close sisoc.co.uk.

In reading the opinionated, inaccurate and liable tones of what have been said I feel obligated to retort:

I closed the website/forum as it had become a pointless collection of nonsense behaviour and spam, I had not allowed new members to sign up for quite some time and I had no interest on building the database further. In spite of what you may think I was able to comprehend that by not allowing new members to sign up the “club” its numbers would dwindle. Thank you to those that have offered this expert advice, in exchange I hope this small sarcastic treat has been welcomed as a fair trade.

I do not take kindly to people talking about me in a public domain; I especially do not enjoy it when people that do not know me personally offer information which is untrue. I am not a “temperamental”, fickle or spiteful person and I would not decide to shut the site down should I wake up in a bad mood, I find this quite offensive and specifically gave prior warning of my intentions weeks in advance.

I ran the forum and website for over 3 years and never asked for a help or a single penny, I did it for fun and created a nice little community of like-minded petrol heads, however I got older and developed stronger interests in other walks of life. I continued to keep the forum open and free to anyone and obviously people joined, a lot of the people that joined I consider being opinionated, rude and intellectually challenged. Why on earth why I want to provide a solace for them to post rubbish and advertise their own stupidity?

Nevertheless, to ensure the “club” lived on and in the interests of fairness I left it open to whoever had the fortitude and knowledge to carry it on, of course many whined and cried about it without doing anything, Davemo valiantly offered to “take it off my hands” but I felt that I didn’t know him and that he was clearly lacking in the technical department (perhaps he could retrain as an “IT Techy Guy”, whatever that is).

I also have a copy of every single post ever made on sisoc.co.uk/forum , this I intended to hand over to the new admin along with the domain name and any advice I could offer, since reading the rubbish that Daveymo posted I shall not be doing so.

Daveymo has continued to offer the story of sisoc as he sees it yet it to every tom dick and harry he meets, like some sort of noble quest he feel obliged to tell the tale of ogre of woffle. Considering he doesn’t even know me, is a latecomer in the scene and has as much technical knowledge as a potato I find it very odd that he would want to keep spouting his rubbish. Perhaps I can suggest he spends some time doing something else, it wouldn’t do him any harm to try and further his intelligence somewhat.

For a while sisoc.co.uk was a fun little community, it was inevitable that it would end and was ruined when the idiot minority became the majority and took it all too seriously.

Daveymo, should you read this and I have no doubt you will, please take note; if you continue to insult my intelligence and post lies and unfounded opinions about me I shall seek vengeance, then at least some of your posts would be true.

Kind regards,

Woffle (Gareth).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:55 am 

Let it go mate , if your worried what people say about you true or false on car internet site then you really are very fin skinned. It takes a bigger men to walk away and ignore the nonsense then to react to some trivial bit of rubbish someone else wrote.Best of luck with your future plans hope everything works out for you cheers mate. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:08 am 

So Gareth, from what you are saying I understand that the website wasn't going the way you planned because others were "ruining it", so you decided to pack up your bat and ball and go home. Not exactly a community-minded spirit, and probably the worst attitude you could take into developing an enthusiasts website / forum.

RedlineGTi has been going strong for 6 years now, and if our attitude was to throw in the towel whenever things got a bit tough (or boring) then this place would have ceased to exist years ago. I'm also sure that when the time comes that the site owner decides that enough is enough that he will make every effort to pass the torch to someone else - for better or worse. Lets face it, once you decide that you're no longer interested in something, you're better off giving it to someone who cares. What they do with it after that point shouldn't be your concern.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:54 am 

Who cares? The past is gone, let's get stuck into the future.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:48 am 

Can I also make clear that I put in multiple offers for the domain and the forum (by proxy because I couldn't register on the forum) and all were rejected.

I think it's great that you've got the forum and all it's posts.. but i'm not going to beg you for them. If you want to give them back to the community you know my email.. if not.. I think it's good that when you searched for sisoc you found this site, as this means existing members will find a new place to congregate and discuss their common interest.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:11 pm 

I think you all missed my point, I am in no way bitter that I am no longer associated with sisoc, I hold no grudge and I don’t look back in anger at all.

I am not upset that the forum went downhill in my eyes; I believe it went that way because I strangled it in terms of resource and update; I never advertised it and really had no intensions for it to grow for a long, long time.

I run many other websites/forums but I don’t have enough free time to carry on flogging a dead horse and so I wanted to distance myself from it and the kind of petty arguments that take place on such a forum. However I think if that if people are going to talk rubbish about me and seek floors in my character it is only fair I offer my 2 cents and I would expect the same from anyone else.

In all the time I ran the website I had nothing by smoke aimed up arse, I was fair with my decision and gave everyone enough time to move on to pastures new. It seems that since I closed it some brave internet warriors have decided to tell lies and throw insults behind my back, which is why I am not particularly pleased.

Like Pugman said, it matters no longer and I will not return to post again, I just wanted to make the points above.

Best of luck,

Gareth

P.S / F.Y.I / R.T.F.M

Bzchi, I have never spoken to you personally, I have never received any offers from you and I certainly do not want anything from yourself or anyone else. Pugman contacted me on your behalf but with vague information, please understand that I was past interested at that point in time.

The reason your website was easily found was because you are able to differentiate your arse from your elbow, unfortunately the same cannot be said for the existing sisoc community, which as far as I see it is dead, the ratio of car related and nonsense threads is staggering and they will need all the luck/help they can get.

[YLD80Y] my dear boy, you have offered quotation based on your own opinion, I did not attribute the downturn to “others ruining it”, more a collection of circumstances. Also, whilst I agree with your sentiments on paper I had nobody trustworthy enough to hand the keys over too; instead I let them make their own minds up because it was the fairest way to do it.

Thanks for the morale advice though, most helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:40 pm 

I wrote an article for Banzai magazine following the Suzuki Club day in London back in the summer, which was a first for the club. It was a fantastic feature but I think the club had declined to far by then, mainly due to oringinal members leaving and alot of members on the site feeling things should have been run differently.

Personally I would have preferred the club to stay as was but it wasn't to be. Daveymo set up a temporary forum and, desparate not to see the club disappear altogether, I decided to set up http://www.sisoc.co.cc and asked Daveymo to help run it and Silver Bullet to moderate. While it is a million miles the original sisoc (at it's peak) as I would like it to be, it has started off better than I expected. I have only moderated forums before so it is something new to me so things will take time. I just want to continue where Gareth left off and try to revive the community while giving it a free place to exchange idea's, opinion's and there own work.

I have no hard feelings towards anyone in fact I have alot of respect and admiration for many people from the club. What has happened has happened, the priority is to try and keep the club alive for current and future Ignis and Swift owners.

Anyone is free to join and that especially goes for the founding members of the club, as these are the people to thank for the good times we have had to date.

Regards,
Jimmy.

P.S. Gareth, if you still wish to donate the domain as discussed before the closing of the forum, please contact me. I believe it in invaluable to the club and would be greatfully recieved.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:23 am 

Gareth Mate learn to let things go. For your own state of mind. Heres somthing I learnt long ago and maybe of benefit to you. NEVER ARGUE WITH IDIOTS ,THEYLL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE EVERY TIME. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:44 am 

woffle wrote:
[YLD80Y] my dear boy, you have offered quotation based on your own opinion, I did not attribute the downturn to “others ruining it”, more a collection of circumstances. Also, whilst I agree with your sentiments on paper I had nobody trustworthy enough to hand the keys over too; instead I let them make their own minds up because it was the fairest way to do it.

I can only base my comments on the information you provide, and your original post was a pungent mix of sour grapes and blame. Regardless, all opinions are really pointless now because SISOC has been relegated to the great internet graveyard and you can move on like everyone else will.