It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Monster Sport Stroker Kit
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:00 pm 

Hi folks :D

Just a quick question... anyone have any experience or stories about the Stroker Kit for the Ignis Sport made by Monster?

Quote:
Monster Sport Stroker kit :hooray:

Babelfish Translation "The aerodynamic volume displacement of the M15A engine it is the kit which from 1,490cc is made to raise to 1,770cc.
It does not change the stroke quantity and modifies bore diameter, while quality of the M15A engine is utilized, it improves power torque at the entire area.
The forging piston of kit attachment verifies the strength form weight which is necessary for performance with 3 dimensional computer simulation. " :ges_clap2:

Thank you for your inquiry.
This kit needs 100 Octane Fuel.
How much octane fuel can you get in your country?
Because we can arrange the piston in order to fit for your country octane fuel.
Regarding bhp and torque, we are preparing the graph.
We will up-data it on our Hp as soon as possible.
After your reply, I will send a quotation.

Displacement 1,770cc
Bore and stroke 85mm~78mm
Compression ratio NA 12.2 ,turbo and S/C10.5 (with modified cylinder head)
This kit uses standard connecting rod modified cylinder head and sub-computer.

Best regards,
Yasutaka Shinohara
MONSTER SPORT

I'm 99% sure i will be buying this in next few weeks and get it fitted January 2010. I will go for the low compression version and get the rest of internals all upgraded at the same time as fitting the stroket kit. Fully forged engine + Stroker kit, would be a nice platform to maybe one day add a bit of boost :D
I just wondered if anyone out there had any experience of it. As far as we are aware, there isnt one fitted in Europe (or there maybe one out there somewhere) and I cant seem to access the Singapore ignis site :(

Thanks in advance guys

Davey

http://www.ignissportoc.com

Post subject: Re: Monster Sport Stroker Kit
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:46 pm 

Could be the engrish...but it sounds like its not a stroker?
Code:
It does not change the stroke quantity
but an oversized forged piston?

Any power figures?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:01 pm 

You will need to increase the engine block bore diameter from 78mm to 85mm. Also, modify the cylinder head. Too much work, in my opinion and $$$, unless you can find a reliable Suzuki mechanic in the UK at a reasonable price. The connecting rods are still standard, so it won't take a lot of boost.

If anything, I find the Ignis Sport has just the right power for the chassis. It already has some traction issues coming out of tighter corners. An LSD would go a long way to making the Ignis even more fun to drive.

A couple more bhp with extractors, exhaust and ECU would be the best solution. You can import these items from Japan.

If I want a fast car, I would go for a EG Civic with a B18C or B16/B20 hybrid transplant. If you're really keen on speed then get a Civic with a K20 transplant.

The Ignis Sport is about driving fun like sliding through corners and lift-off oversteer. And 3-wheeling through corners. When I'm driving my Ignis, I'm usually having too much fun in the corners to care who is faster than me on the straights.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:04 pm 

Hi Paul

Haven't got any power figures as such, just a few graphs and info gathered form their websites :)

Here's the page it was taken from...

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... index.html

Cheers
Dave

Attachments:
File comment: Taken from Monster Sport website
M18kit-grf.gif
M18kit-grf.gif [ 10.45 KiB | Viewed 3435 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:31 pm 

Tank- Thanks for the input :)

I have owned my ignis for nearly 4 years now and think its time for a change (sort of). I understand the ignis was designed and produced with the tight bends giggles and fun factor in mind rather than out and out speed. I recently owned a Track prepped 1989 EF Honda civic which had a very nicely tuned engine- completely stipped with stirctly track modifications in mind and was extremely quick for what it was. It suprised a

I'm not trying to make my ignis quicker only on the straights more of a case that I would like it to have the ignis sports fun factor mixed in with a bit more power at its disposal. (but not too much that it ruins is handling)

My firend Nathan works at a very reputable tuning company in the UK- CENTURY MOTORSPORT (they have built worlds fastest Toyota MR2) and he is extremely in taking this on as a side project and helping me turn it into something a bit different. :)

http://www.centurymotorsport.com/

I'm not someone who will spend too much money chasing silly power figures, but would still like to own a little suzuki that can hold its head high agaisnt some of the big boys and make people look at these little Ignis Sports with a bit more respect that they deserve :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:14 am 

My suggestion would be to get an M18A engine and work with that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:43 am 

I think the Ignis engine is good as is, but i do think it would benefit a lot from just needs a few more thousand revs and a little more pull all over the rev range.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:20 pm 

Daveymo,
I have the same dream and opinion on ignis. As you say it's a car that design to be good in corner but IS then to lose out in the straights. This kit will be an good upgrade of the car and gain back some respect that IS really need.
If you dont mind forking out more money, install the cam and valve spring kit too.

http://www.monster-sport.com/product/parts/eng_parts/cam_zc31s/index.html

http://www.monster-sport.com/product/parts/eng_parts/valvespring/index.html

It will change the IS into an 8000 rpm monster.....

If you interested, please read more in my blog below.

I will update some new info for NA tune for IS in the future.