It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: Over 10 seconds to 60 ?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:11 am 

Weekly UK car magazine rightly placed the Ignis Sport above the cheapest sporty C2, but recorded a time of above 10 seconds to 60, which seems slow.
Any thoughts out there ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:53 am 

My thoughts are that the guy can't drive

http://www.suzuki.com.au/cars_IGNISsport_specs.htm

It can do it in 8.9 seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:29 pm 

The driver has actually recorded some brilliant times this year for many cars, including Porsche 996 so I am puzzled why it took over ten seconds for the Sport. That was the BEST run of five too.
Hmmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:48 am 

The Ignis Sport has a manufacturers 0-62mph 0f 8.9 seconds.
This equates to a 0-60mph of about 8.4 seconds.
"EVO" timed the Ignis at 8.2 seconds.
My (slightly) lightened Ignis regularly achieves 0-62mph in under 8 seconds.
The article and driver must be poor.
Porsche Man is just "NELLY THREE", "Aston Martin DB9", "Fortaugustus" etc etc etc, and is just posting this in a vain attempt to wind you up. Just ignore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:02 am 

PatriotUK.
Please stop being so childish and stupid.

I can assure you that I am not 'anyone else' and would be obliged if you would treat other forummers, including me, with a little more respect.

Perhaps you would take up my earlier offer of asking me anything about the 2004 Ignis Sport or 2002 Porsche 996, if you feel I do not own these cars...which I can assure you I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:14 am 

You don't fool me.
Never have.
Never will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:16 am 

Porsche Man - can you post a link to this article so all of us Ignis owners can read the opinions of the tester? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:22 am 

PatriotUK wrote:
You don't fool me.
Never have.
Never will.

I am sorry, but I cannot help you with your arguments with other forummers, but I AM who I say I am and HAVE the two cars I own.

Anything you would like to ask me about my Ignis Sport?
I don't know how else to make you see sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:29 am 

PatriotUK wrote:
Porsche Man - can you post a link to this article so all of us Ignis owners can read the opinions of the tester? Thanks.

Page 38 onwards, Auto Express magazine.
Issue number 829.

Criticisms include "choppy ride, engine noise at speed, crude cabin, measly boot capacity with seats up".

The boot is fine by me and I have fitted walking boots, 3 maps and a toolbag UNDER the boot floor, next to the space-saver spare wheel, which leaves plenty of room on top for shopping, etc.
As for engine noise, it is a budget car, so what do they expect?
Choppy ride? Yes and the CD skips over bumps, but for under £8K brand new I am not complaining.
As a back-up car it is a lot of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:03 pm 

Having read the article in question, It is a half-decent review, but poor in places. The criticism that the heater controls are out of the drivers reach is absolute codswallop. The timed 0-60 of 10.2 is laughably inaccurate. "Porsche Man" claimed that this was the fastest of five timed runs of 0-60mph, but there is absolutely NO mention of this in the article.
"Auto Express" is a poor magazine anyway. Biased toward German cars, and innacurate. The 0-60 for the Ignis of 10.2secs contradicts the 8.9secs they quote a few pages later. Sister magazine "EVO" quotes THREE different times for the Ignis Sport in the same issue. As an example of the sort of magazine it is, they did a recent comparison of the Mini Cooper against the Citroen C2 VTS. In order to justify picking the BMW Mini as better hot hatch, they tweaked the C2's 0-62 time of 8.1 secs to 9 secs. In a recent article to find the best value budget car on sale in the UK, they gathered some budget cars costing around £4500 - £6000. Which did they pick as winner? A £20,000 BMW!

Last edited by PatriotUK on Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:18 pm 

Porsche Man wrote:
PatriotUK.
Please stop being so childish and stupid.

I can assure you that I am not 'anyone else' and would be obliged if you would treat other forummers, including me, with a little more respect.

Perhaps you would take up my earlier offer of asking me anything about the 2004 Ignis Sport or 2002 Porsche 996, if you feel I do not own these cars...which I can assure you I do.

"Aston Martin DB9" joined this forum 9/10/04. He "Owned" an expensive sports car, and the Ignis was his "second car". Several forum members quickly saw through his pretense and realised that he was "fortaugustus", "NELLY THREE" etc, a serial fantasist / internet spammer. His last post was 11/10/04

"Porsche Man" joined this forum 11/10/04. He "Owns" an expensive sports car, and the Ignis is his "second car".......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:46 pm 

I can assure you that I own both cars mentioned. Your spats with other people are a pity, but not my concern.
You appear to be suffering from some sort of paranoia, which may need looking at. Start with your doctor...

I have just fitted the induction kit to my Ignis Sport and am enjoying the feeling that it revs slightly quicker than before.
I also use 98 petrol to suit the high-ish compression.

Patriot. Stop making the place unfriendly, or I will report you to the moderator.
You are talking like a complete jerk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:51 pm 

Auto Express have no reason to be baised in favour of German cars!

Or was that a pathetic attempt to run down my 996?
For what it matters, our 2002 Porsche is a fantastic car and the third we have had from that manufacturer. We have nothing but praise for the marque and our next main car will be another Porsche.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:55 pm 

Porsche Man wrote:
Auto Express have no reason to be baised in favour of German cars!

Or was that a pathetic attempt to run down my 996?

It was nothing to do with Porsche, or any German marque. Just the fact that it is a poor and inaccurate magazine, along with sister mag Evo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:14 am 

If they recorded 8.2 0-60, EVO surely aren't that bad are they?
!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:41 am 

I wouldn't say it was a good magazine based on one performance time!
More judge it on how poor it is throughout the magazine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:57 am 

It seems okay to me and certainly did a very good write up on the Porsche I own when they tested it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:32 pm 

"Aston Martin DB9" joined this forum 9/10/04. He "Owned" an expensive sports car, and the Ignis was his "second car". Several forum members quickly saw through his pretense and realised that he was "fortaugustus", "NELLY THREE" etc, a serial fantasist / internet spammer. His last post was 11/10/04

"Porsche Man" joined this forum 11/10/04. He "Owns" an expensive sports car, and the Ignis is his "second car".......[/quote]

You are a complete idiot and I hereby leave you to annoy others. I have better places to forum. Goodbye, pr*t-features!

Thanks very much, though, to all the sensible guys I have corresponded with, cheers.

But PatriotUk is a jerk and makes this place unfriendly to visit.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]