It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:37 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Autospeed Ignis Sport Review
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:46 am 

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2295/article.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:12 am 

Thanks for posting this, I knew it was around the corner but don't keep an eye on the site.

They had good things to say about the Ignis Sport in their recent article about daily driven pocket rockets..

Once again couldn't agree more with this,
"Absolutely brilliant chassis feedback and handling"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:22 pm 

Not a bad review, although he claimed some things were bad when I personally think they're pretty good.

Like, feeling like you're in 4th when you're actually in 5th is cool. The car always feels like it's on its toes. He said that the car was noisy, but it's nowhere NEAR as bad as my old swift, and acoustic dampening only adds weight.

And what's with whinging about the bumpy ride? It's got heavy duty coils ffs.. was he expecting a luxury ride? It's tuned for performance.

Oh well... I'd have to agree that the door sounds like it's about to fall off when I shut it, and apart from him putting a bad spin on a few good features the review isn't too bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:24 pm 

Yeah, I think thats the best way to describe it 'feels like it is always on its toes'. I have to agree that he just seemed to punch holes at interior things for the sake of doing so, they are fairly minor. But can't please everyone :)

Finally an autospeed article I didn't have to pay for ;) must have been because he got the car for free to generate some positive media feedback for Suzuki ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:19 pm 

All the new car reviews are free on Autospeed.

I agreed with the article about the handling
NVH for sure, but like someone else said, you have to sacrifice something to get a sub 1000kg hot hatch and the sacrifice is small.
Keep in mind the Barina SRI is nearly 250kg heavier to get Corolla-esque NVH. (oh yay)

Don't agree with his comments on build quality, seems to be a preconceived notion about Suzuki's that they can't get over. They also forgot to mention that it's an Mp3 player, not just CD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:55 pm 

Hi, I am new here.
Ignis Sport owner from England, 27 years old.
Here is a review from 4Car website, which is from the UK television Channel4.
http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/driving-impressions-2004/suzuki-ignis-sport/ignis-sport.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:17 pm 

Greetings newbie!

That artice isn't too bad. I still reckon the NVH is miles better than the Swift GTi, with the exception of the doors. The glass tends to rattle a bit in the Ignis Sport.

It's strange how everyone thinks it's fun but can't justify spending the money on it - even though it's one of the cheapest cars out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:28 am 

Just found the site today!
We run an Ignis Sport as a second car and it is super, so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:30 am 

Aston Martin DB9 wrote:
Just found the site today!
We run an Ignis Sport as a second car and it is super, so far.

Got photos?

Hows it going?

Welcome to the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:42 am 

Finally a positive review. Reminds me of why I loved my old Swift GTI and temps me to sell my MR2 to buy a cheap second hand one.

*Must go and test drive an Ignis Sport*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:28 pm 

Arv wrote:
Finally a positive review. Reminds me of why I loved my old Swift GTI and temps me to sell my MR2 to buy a cheap second hand one.

*Must go and test drive an Ignis Sport*

There are quite a few good reviews knocking around, by all means do yourself a favour and check one out, make sure you take it through plenty of roundabouts ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:26 pm 

Will do bzchi 8)

Also, according to redbook, the minimum value for '03 Sport's getting traded in for is 10.7K. Or for those who are mathematically challenged almost half price :!: This is why I wouldn;t buy one new I'd rather get second hand so that I wouldn;t have to experience the depreciation. I gotta say that second hand examples are amazingly good value for money.
I've seen several new ones for 16k! that's only a little more than a bog standard echo. The cheapest second hand example I've seen was in Rosebud (2004 mode) going for 13.5k!!!!!

Oh and btw? is anyone in the car wholesaling industry? if yes do you happen to have a 2003 silver grey model (sorry pHr34kY :) ) that I can aquire? :D

I wish they came in white!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:51 pm 

Arv wrote:
Oh and btw? is anyone in the car wholesaling industry? if yes do you happen to have a 2003 silver grey model (sorry pHr34kY :) ) that I can aquire? :D

I wish they came in white!!!!!!

They only come in white in Japan... but if you're out to save $$$ you wouldn't import it yourself. If you go around carsales and carpoint, you can often find second hand ones that were won on game shows. They're cheap and quite often done only a few hundred kilometres.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:56 pm 

I'd love a white one, but colour is not that important to me. I wouldn;t really want red or black. Because red fades in the sunlight and black gets to hot (my GTI was black, so I know all about this).
Can I ask why you didn;t go for one of these examples that was won on a gameshow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:06 pm 

Arv wrote:
I'd love a white one, but colour is not that important to me. I wouldn;t really want red or black. Because red fades in the sunlight and black gets to hot (my GTI was black, so I know all about this).
Can I ask why you didn;t go for one of these examples that was won on a gameshow?

LTLDVL showed me the site about 2 weeks after I got my car. I've only seen 3 other Ignis Sports on the road ever... figured they wouldn't be common.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:13 pm 

There's a 2003 one with 14,000 on the clock at Melbourne City Suzuki for 16k. Can;t help thinking that the unfortune person who traded it iun only got 11k for it though.

These ones, on the other hand, all sound like good buys:

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopD ... carpointau

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales ... istance=25

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales ... istance=25

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:48 pm 

Ok guys, I've promised myself a test drive on Wednesday afternoon as soon as I finish and hand in my advertising and pr assignment.
I'll let you all know how it goes