It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Suzuki Sport Updates (latest and greatest)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:52 pm 

Well I have been keeping a close eye on the english translated SuzukiSport site and it still hasn't been updated since April and I thought this was because they had stalled on development. Apparently they have just stalled when it comes to updating the English site as I jumped over to the Japanese site and there are plenty of new parts which are awesome.

Here is what I could find (these are either not available or in development on the english translated site). All links are translated using babel, thats why they make no sense ;)

Pod Filter - to replace standard panel
Suzuki Sport Pod Filter

Image of pod fitted to Swift (Ignis) Sport

Carbon Fibre Bonnet - goes hand in hand with pod
Monster Sport Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Light Bezels - for custom lights (much larger)
Suzuki Sport Light Bezels

Speedline TWC Rims - now in 17x7 and lighter than the 16's??
Speedline TWC Rims

Adjustable Suspension (multiple stages) - a lot of detailed info on Suzuki Sport suepsnion
Suspension
Suzuki Sport Coil Over Suspension Details

Post subject: Re: Suzuki Sport Updates (latest and greatest)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:53 pm 

bzchi wrote:

K&N also make an intake kit for the ignis sport..... i have emailed them to get some more information....

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/ ... od=57-0517

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:37 pm 

I think the Suzuki Sport one is mad how it comes with the cold air box/partition. But K&N one.. you have me interested :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:14 pm 

bzchi wrote:
I think the Suzuki Sport one is mad how it comes with the cold air box/partition. But K&N one.. you have me interested :D

bzchi wrote:
I bought an Ignis Sport because I'm sick of modifying... blah blah blah... too much money on mods... blah blah blah...

You had nobody fooled sunshine! NOW ON WITH THE TURBO FOOL! :twisted: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:34 pm 

I'll take two!!!

That looks clean as! I think $500 before import fees is a tad steep though.

Oh, and you missed the carbon fibre wing:
http://www.monster-sport.com/monstersport/swiftsport/exterior/r-wing/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:21 pm 

good luck seeing anyone get defected for that suzuki sport intake pipe and suzuki sport pod filter... its more-or-less factory equipment!

the dumbass coppers would see suzukisport written on it and think it was standard!

now as for the bonnet, DAMN that would look hot on a white ignis sport - OH THATS RIGHT, we dont get white ones in australia! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:46 am 

I just got the word on the official K&N filter kit for the Ignis Sport:

You gotta import them from USA, and they cost $1700 before freight. I'm not sure if that's AU$ or US$, but either way that's a sh*tload of $$$.

I'm starting to think that slapping in a $140 K&N slot filter in and keeping the factory induction system is a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:51 am 

pHr34kY wrote:
I just got the word on the official K&N filter kit for the Ignis Sport:

You gotta import them from USA, and they cost $1700 before freight. I'm not sure if that's AU$ or US$, but either way that's a sh*tload of $$$.

I'm starting to think that slapping in a $140 K&N slot filter in and keeping the factory induction system is a good idea.

$1700? what the hell? The Suzuki Sport version would be cheaper than that? In saying that a custom variant using mandrel bent pipes and a standard pod shouldnt cost anymore than say $250? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:02 am 

bzchi wrote:
$1700? what the hell? The Suzuki Sport version would be cheaper than that? In saying that a custom variant using mandrel bent pipes and a standard pod shouldnt cost anymore than say $250? :shock:

Yeah. I the one from SuzukiSport translated to AU$509.95. I enquired about the K&N because I thought it would be cheaper and available locally... how wrong I was.

They're almost the friggin' same thing! If not I'd say the SuzukiSport one looks better:
SuzukiSport

K&N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:15 pm 

is it a K&N slot filter?? i tried to ascertain whether they made one of these for the ignis sport a while agp and they didn't?? is it for a different model car or something???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:08 am 

ANDREW wrote:
is it a K&N slot filter?? i tried to ascertain whether they made one of these for the ignis sport a while agp and they didn't?? is it for a different model car or something???

The only filter listed on the K&N site is the one above - however I've shown the stock filter to a repco guy and he reckons it's size and shape is familiar. I'd probably have to figure out what model filter it takes (like the Ryco part number) then match THAT up with a K&N.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:07 am 

I question how much performance gain you would get out of just replacing the panel. And if you went to pod you would want the bonnet vent as well otherwise you won't be getting any cold air :?

Thing I want to sort out is the rev limiter, what hell is going on there.. it's about 2000rpm too low :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:28 pm 

I dident think the ignis sport was released in the US ??

Also I was talking to a guy on another forum , who has an ignis sport and he said that the k&n panel filter made for an older model bmw E30, will fit.

The filter that comes with the ignis sport is more free flowing than most other stock filters.

Without a bonnet vent you would probly loose power with a pod filter anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:57 pm 

bzchi wrote:
I question how much performance gain you would get out of just replacing the panel. And if you went to pod you would want the bonnet vent as well otherwise you won't be getting any cold air :?

Thing I want to sort out is the rev limiter, what hell is going on there.. it's about 2000rpm too low :x

I agree, I had it kick in on me the other night and was like what the hell was that ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:50 pm 

Furthest I've revved mine is 6500rpm - but the engine didn't sound like it was complaining at those revs.

As long at the rev limiter is above the shift point/peak power, I don't mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:58 pm 

rev limiter appears to kick in just around/after 7k

Last edited by ANDREW on Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:25 am 

Okie dokie. Rumour has it that someone with the right equipment can change that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:19 am 

pHr34kY wrote:
Okie dokie. Rumour has it that someone with the right equipment can change that :)

Rumour? it's been done time and time again. SAFC's do it, unichips do it etc etc etc.. its not a matter of finding the 'right equipment' its the problem of voiding warranty if I touch it. All the speed limit removers I have seen require a cut of a cable because you are basically 'tricking' the ECU to think the car is going slower than it actually is.

I have hit the rev limiter quite a few times.. mostly when overtaking in second.. it feels like you run over road spikes or something :lol:

Rev limit seems to be just after 7k.. around 7300-7500.. problem is the VVT really starts working (noticeably) at about 6000, so it doesn't give you much room to move. I am not sure if it does cut after the max power band.. because the car is still pulling when it cuts.. unlike the GTi that seems to die off slightly before it cuts. I think im missing boost :(

I will get a video of it next time I am near someone with a video camera ;)

Post subject: rpm limit
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:43 am 

Sam,
The easy way to retain the factory wiring intact is ,remove plugs from std ecu,find female plugs(these can be ordered from auto electrical suppliers)hook up the interceptor between the std ecu plug and std ecu,this way will cost a bit more and you have to find the female/male plugs but it does retain the std wiring intact and can easily be removed for warrenty purposes!!.

Post subject: Re: rpm limit
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:18 am 

dmwdave wrote:
Sam,
The easy way to retain the factory wiring intact is ,remove plugs from std ecu,find female plugs(these can be ordered from auto electrical suppliers)hook up the interceptor between the std ecu plug and std ecu,this way will cost a bit more and you have to find the female/male plugs but it does retain the std wiring intact and can easily be removed for warrenty purposes!!.

mmmm true..., hw about you buy that Ignis and give it a go and tell me how far it revs safely ;)

I think the biggest hurdle would be finding the matching male/female plugs.. but true.. would solve the problem.

The other method I have heard of (which doesnt require a cut) which I completely forgot about when posting my above post was to push the pin out of the harness plug that goes into the harness, then put the cut defended in between the wire and the plug. Then for warranty put the pin back in the plug again (told its easier said than done though).