It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:42 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Advice for Phillip Island
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:15 pm 

Hey guys,
I'm booking tickets tonight with my Dad for Phillip Island in September, and I'm not sure if we should get general admission tickets or pay the extra for grandstand tickets.
General admission is $76 with a 'paddock pass' (gets you sort of behind the team garages but I don't know how much you can see) and grandstand is $131, which includes a paddock pass and a pit lane walk early in the morning, and obviously an allocated seat.

I kind of want to know how seating and viewing is if you only get general admission - like, $55 is a fair bit extra and the pit land walk would be good but I'm not THAT keen. Mainly it's about my Dad who is getting a bit less mobile these days so if it's a bi**h to actually see anything or find a place to sit and watch the race from with G.A. passes I think we should go grandstand - so I'm after someone who's been to the island before to offer some advice.
Also, at $15, I am thinking the paddock pass is probably worth it, but can someone let me know what that's like? Like, I imagine there are massive restrictions for safety reasons etc and fans probably can't get too close to the teams - how is it?

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Advice for Phillip Island
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:15 pm 

Hi Ellis,

If you are going all that way with your dad - get the expensive tickets!! :P

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:40 am 

Hm, yeah.

Well I spoke to him a few hours ago and was surprised to hear that he though general admission was a better idea, even if allocated was only a bit more he preferred G.A.

But you make a good point about going all that way - although it would only be ME going all that way, my Dad lives in Melbourne, and I'd go down for a few days. These days with it being $59 and an 80 minute flight... altogether maybe a 4 hour journey (airport etc.) but still not that big a deal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:05 pm 

Hey i would also suggest you to take the expensive ones as you are going with your dad.And you can watch the race nicely.