It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 1:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: No injector pulse randomly at start up
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:32 am 

Someone might be able to help me.. Swift gti

I replaced tps, maf, water temp sensor for ECU, ECU, injectors tested, fuel pump, distributor and complete assembly of the coil pack, changed grounds and basically everything that came to my mind that could cause this

The problem is no injector pulse, but it doesnt happen all the times, but when it does, is only on start up, after the car starts, there is the pulse everytime and the car runs perfectly fine.

The problem is more common on the second start up, for ex: crank for the first time in 10min without driving, starts up in a second, turn it off right away, and if i try to start it again, there is no more pulse. I have a 12v directly to the injectors, click the button once, fuel gets injected and car starts right away with that method.

The car also starts perfectly all the times if i push it down the road and release the clutch.

Anyone ever had the same problem?

Post subject: Re: No injector pulse randomly at start up
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:47 am 

I would be looking at the CAS or the earths to the motor.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:10 am 

You mean Cam Angle Sensor? the one on the distributor? I changed the distributor from a perfectly running gti and it made no difference, i was thinking it could also be the wiring to the ecu or from the ecu to injectors, but the car after starting runs without a problem for as long as you want

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 am 

Are your wires in the engine bay hard and cracked especially around the engine? I kept nursing the loom along but when I went to the new link ECU I rewired the entire car. If you have done everything else maybe you have wiring issues

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:46 am 

Battery and starter motor? Is it slow to crank. Perhaps not reaching the minimum rpm for ecu to recognise it turning, and not ordering action.
GTP

Last edited by gtpswift on Sun May 12, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:31 am 

Thanks for answering
There isnt much more to it so it might be the loom as swift12 said, but wouldnt that make the problem happen with the car started too? Because the pulsing problems happen at cranking, after its running it runs fine

To my hears it cranks quite fast actually, i have seen low battery starts on gti and even then they seem to start ok

Weirdest problem i have seen through the years to happen to this car..

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:58 am 

I used to be a mechanic...electrics certainly not my forte but I have seen a lot of weird stuff with electrics especially dicky contacts and broken wires. Most of my wires around the engine on my 1989 gti were very brittle and they tended to break a lot...I was having issues with the WTS and replaced the plug and sender....still the same issue until I cut that wire back about 400 mm to the less brittle part and it fixed the issue. When you say no pulse you are checking wether there is power off and on to the injectors at one of the injectors?
If there is a broken wire somewhere often they are fine when cold but not when warm...but no hesitation when it is running when warm?
Any codes?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:56 pm 

Yeah, i have dealt with some of those wires.. specially the ones near the water sensors..

The car has a fuel pressure gauge, and after pushing fuel (ignition, before cranking) it stays almost at 4 bar, and when cranking it remains there at 4bar, i also tested with the fuel rail off and absolutely no fuel came through any injector, only then i noticed there was no pulse at the injectors at random times

The car runs like new honestly after starting, even today i did like 70miles and the car ran perfectly, is just at cranking as weird as it looks