It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: New swift. New problems (Running rough)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:52 pm 

Howsie13 wrote:
Apegrip wrote:
Howsie13 wrote:
Have you tried cleaning the contact so that you get the correct resistance and it opens further? Some emry tape to clean the contacts would be the best bet.

I haven't, they look hard to open without breaking things, have you done it before?

No, never had to. Or you could fill it with contact cleaner and move it around a bit, see if that helps. The contact cleaner will evaporate eventually.

A member close by has messaged me regarding a working one so I might try this after I get that incase I break it haha.

On an unrelated note how do these engines go at track duties? Is oil starvation an issue on these? I can't find much info on track durability. It came with R888's so I'm a little weary.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:20 am 

I’m not entirely sure but in long left handers there may be a problem with starvation from a few members I have seen on redlinegti. I have fitted an accumulator to try and ensure it’s not an issue.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:49 am 

usually they are great for trackdays...but not always!
Attachment:
WP_20160611_001_zpscqmfocv2.JPG
WP_20160611_001_zpscqmfocv2.JPG [ 118.98 KiB | Viewed 27 times ]

GTP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:48 pm 

That should buff out

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:29 pm 

gtpswift wrote:
usually they are great for trackdays...but not always!
Attachment:
WP_20160611_001_zpscqmfocv2.JPG

GTP

Whatever did the bin do to deserve that sort of treatment?! :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:36 pm 

Apegrip wrote:
On an unrelated note how do these engines go at track duties? Is oil starvation an issue on these? I can't find much info on track durability. It came with R888's so I'm a little weary.

Oil pickup is to the passenger side so either modifying the sump to install baffles or an extra bit of oil reserve like an accumulator will help.

Generally speaking, they are great little track engines. People have built them up to 350HP, 9000rpm etc and have had good success with them. As always, if it is done well and driven correctly, it will go the distance.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:35 pm 

Awesome guys thanks for the replies :) the only two tracks I'm interested in is QR sprints and lakeside sprints, so basically all right turns, so if the oil levels always checked I should be right tben

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:34 am 

I’d be hard pressed to believe that the windage tray in the G13b Engine would be insufficient to prevent oil starvation from g loading. Only because it really covers a lot of the sump. It would be easier to convince me that oil starvation issues would be due to low oil pressure possibly due to a worn pump, bearings or especially the cam and bucket areas. Seems like a large number of these engines showing lower pressure than ideal if you search. Oil being pumped up to and kept for too long in the valve cover without being able to return to the sump may also be an issue. It only has just over 3 litres of oil, mine has over 5 with the cooler and accusump. Keeping the oil cooler may help with the pressure. I have done everything I can to ensure I have good pressure. I have a brand new genuine Suzuki G13b pump from Japan. Colour coded bearings running close to factory does and we have shaved the cam caps slightly to reduce clearance close to limits arvo the cams. The oil pressure is set by the relief valve but when hot I imagine that is fully closed. A g16 pump won’t have more pressure set at the relief valve but the greater flow may help to maintain pressure on a tired Engine. I went with the G13b pump as a lot of guys running these cars were still running the stock pump which should handle the pressure requirements. I get 60 to 70 psi cold and it holds close to 60 when hot above 3000 rpm. That does not follow the normal 10lbs per 1000 rpm which it would need 80 psi. The relief valve will simply open to bleed that off if you could attain it. A mate has a turbo G13b which has very high pressure with a g16 pump but then it’s a g16 bottom end on that motor. Now he has solid lifters and thinks his high pressure is due to no leakage on standard hyd lifters. Of course when it’s hot the pressure reduces so he does not rev it till it’s hot but it still sits above 75 psi. I’d love to see that pressure!