It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Gear boxes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:53 am 

gtpswift wrote:
Justy will take 1600 driveshaft's with GTi hubs. GTi inner CV spline is too small
Importing cars into Australia for legal registration is difficult and costly if you haven't lived OS and owned and used the car for a year and satisfied the other criteria as I did.
GTP
That's quite interesting.
'The Justy gearbox will take 1600 drive shafts whilst using the GTi front hubs'
So the 1600 shafts are smaller at the gearbox that the GTi?
Would that mean the Justy gearbox is able to fit onto the G13B?
How do the gear ratios differ GTi vs AWD?
The issue of importation is still achievable & will detail in the Post after this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:57 am 

As provided by Vehicle Standards Qld:

"To allow TMR to consider the registration of an imported vehicle, a valid import approval must be sought from the Commonwealth Department of Infrastructure and Transport (DoIT). The need to obtain an import approval is contained in the Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989 (Cwlth) and Motor Vehicle Standards Regulations 1989 (Cwlth). These make it an offence to import, sell or present new or used imported vehicles to the Australian market for the first time unless they meet the Australian Vehicle Rules, except in circumstances where an exemption has been granted by the Federal Administrator of Vehicle Standards.

When the import approval is issued, DoIT will classify your vehicle as fitting under a 'type'. It is from this type that TMR determines the compliance requirements for your vehicle, which are necessary to ensure that the imported vehicle complies with any applicable Australian Design Rules (ADRs). More than likely you will need a LO1 modification plate.

Please ensure that you do not ship your vehicle until an import approval has been issued as it an offence to illegally import a vehicle to Australia. Once classified by DoIT, TMR will be able to provide you with further advice in relation to whether or not the vehicle can be registered in Queensland.

Subject to any specific directions in the import approval, the requirements for registration are:
· Import approval (original or copy)
· Current safety certificate
· Certification of compliance with ADRs (LO1)
· Vehicle Registration Application form F3518, available from TMR Customer Service Centre or by visiting TMRs website.
· Appropriate evidence of identity."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:00 am 

mospeada11 gti shafts are too small to fit the Justy box. 1600 are correct inners and fit gti outer hubs.
Justy outer hubs splines are same as cino but knuckle is different as are steering arm angles.
Justy gearbox fits the G13b as a cino or GTi box does with a few more bolt on brackets. The Justy is an 8 valve cultus
GTP

Last edited by gtpswift on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:13 am 

I don't believe an equivalent car is currently on the sevs as such no raw importer can do it without a special application or as mentioned you need to own and use it for a year OS. But good luck, let me know if I can help from over here in the UK
GTP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:49 am 

Are you in UK again?
If you are come and visit me when you travel Nort or near Oxford.

Cheers
Atchi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:09 pm 

gtpswift wrote:
mospeada11 gti shafts are too small to fit the Justy box. 1600 are correct inners and fit gti outer hubs.
Justy outer hubs splines are same as cino but knuckle is different as are steering arm angles.
Justy gearbox fits the G13b as a cino or GTi box does with a few more bolt on brackets. The Justy is an 8 valve cultus
GTP
Thank you for that.
I would not have considered the GTi inner spline to have been smaller as the drive shafts appear much larger than a Cino.
That said, I would assume this is due to the additional torque on the shafts from both 1600 & AWD?
Re what you mention about the steering arms, does this mean the sedan power steering rack is unsuitable?
Lastly, are you saying the Justy box will fit, but is not a direct bolt on & will need brackets?
D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:10 pm 

gtpswift wrote:
I don't believe an equivalent car is currently on the sevs as such no raw importer can do it without a special application or as mentioned you need to own and use it for a year OS. But good luck, let me know if I can help from over here in the UK
GTP
How long do you intend to be in the UK?
I was looking at a couple on Gumtree, but am yet to decide.
As I'm sure you appreciate, there is a lot to consider!
D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:38 am 

In London for the medium term at this stage.
I put a twin cam engine into my Justy. See my AWD GTi thread for a laugh. Extra brackets between engine and gearbox and around intermediate shaft compared to cino. Never had a GTi but don't think there are extra brackets.
I also put GTi front knuckle on and it fits fine, as mentioned GTi front knuckle may help bump steer on a low AWD.
If the 1600 steering rack fits the AWD bulkhead it will fit the various knuckles and their steering arms.
I tried GTi shafts and they didn't fit gearbox end or standard knuckle. Standard Justy shafts have cino/barina outers 1600 inners.
GTi outers wont fit on Justy shaft either.
I kept the Justy knuckles as I didnt have enough power to worry the Justy shafts and my Willwood brackets were made to suit them with 285mm discs.
GTP