It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Murf checking in.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:10 am 

Hey guys I am Murf, from the North Coast of California. I am a long time member from GeoMetroForum.com and was a member at the old TeamSwift. My dd is a 94 Metro 3/5 I have been playing with for many years. Its ugly, but gets around real well. I travel all over the United States in it. Going to Geo Metro Owner cruise in events. My road trips are usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 5000-8000 miles. I just installed a LSD from TS member balli. Not a TractionConcepts or PG. TS member Dattman told me I should check in here for hard to find parts. I am looking for 89-94 GT rear brake calipers. I can find left side units, but nothing for the right side. I am just about to finish rebuilding the next G10 engine for this years cross country trips. I have been waiting on a cam from our friend at 3Tech to ship it to me. It got here and am ready to get it finished up and installed in the car. Well anyhow, thank you for letting me join the forum. Take Care, Murf

Post subject: Re: Murf checking in.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:06 am 

Welcome Murf,

Sounds like you are a welcome member of the Club! I will look forward to hearing about your travels as they are some serious road trips!

As for parts they are getting harder to find, and shipping from Australia can be an expensive exercise but there are still enough around to find what you need.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:22 pm 

Hi Murf, welcome.

I think there will be a few more people heading here after TS shutdown for an unknown period of time, if it will ever come back.
Dattman is here too, although he is currently on a hiatus, return time unknown.

A wealth of information here, most people are in Aussie/NZ but a few active ones in Europe, USA and Britain.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:31 am 

It is Michael...look under Suzuki swift repository in google

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:47 pm 

swift12 wrote:
It is Michael...look under Suzuki swift repository in google

It's the new "Teamswift" but has none of the archived information on it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:00 pm 

Ah right...yes...I see. Pity ay.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:11 am 

G'Day Murf,

Welcome to the forum!

It is always nice to see a fellow enthusiast join up amongst our ranks.

I'm sure I've seen you on TS before (?) I seem to remember a trip to the painted desert in AZ?

Cheers,

Drew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:42 am 

Howsie13 wrote:
I think there will be a few more people heading here after TS shutdown for an unknown period of time, if it will ever come back.

Teamswift as you knew it is gone for good, and is never coming back. However the new repository site is still reachable via www.teamswift.net There is a lot of info that is slowly being regurgitated back onto the repository. It is time consuming, but will happen eventually. If anyone is missing anything in particular, I've been trying to prioritize requests. Please feel free to send me a PM.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:06 pm 

macuserman wrote:
Howsie13 wrote:

Teamswift as you knew it is gone for good, and is never coming back. However the new repository site is still reachable via http://www.teamswift.net There is a lot of info that is slowly being regurgitated back onto the repository. It is time consuming, but will happen eventually. If anyone is missing anything in particular, I've been trying to prioritize requests. Please feel free to send me a PM.

What was the story behind TS? I heard someone was trying to purchase it? Was it battle of some people not liking each other?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:43 am 

Howsie13 wrote:
macuserman wrote:
Howsie13 wrote:

Teamswift as you knew it is gone for good, and is never coming back. However the new repository site is still reachable via http://www.teamswift.net There is a lot of info that is slowly being regurgitated back onto the repository. It is time consuming, but will happen eventually. If anyone is missing anything in particular, I've been trying to prioritize requests. Please feel free to send me a PM.

What was the story behind TS? I heard someone was trying to purchase it? Was it battle of some people not liking each other?

No battle, no drama, the old owner was looking for someone to take it over and I bought it from him is the long story short. I've been modernizing the site and bringing it up to speed with the current decades web capabilities. The old teamswift site was failing very out of date and in dire need of updating.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:37 pm 

Hey Murf

Glad to see you made your way here, hope some redliners can help you out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:48 pm 

macuserman wrote:
Howsie13 wrote:
macuserman wrote:

No battle, no drama, the old owner was looking for someone to take it over and I bought it from him is the long story short. I've been modernizing the site and bringing it up to speed with the current decades web capabilities. The old teamswift site was failing very out of date and in dire need of updating.

Ah nice, good on you! Looking forward to seeing some of that data come back on line in the coming years.

Dattman is back lurking!