Ignis cranking but won't start?? Help please!

For all RedlineGTi and general Suzuki related discussion
Jazzy

Please help! My Ignis died on me. Was cruising on the freeway when I heard what sounded like a "zapping... shorting out" like sound but only at cruising throttle position. If I accelerate more the sound would disappear. Pulled over for a look see, and the engine died on it's own, and now it won't start. :(

What could it be? :cry:

Have heard the Crank Angle Sensor is a common issue. True? Where is it on a Ignis?
And is the CAS the same for 1.3 and 1.5 Ignis?
jezza

before jumping straight to the crank angle sensor. Check if you have fuel, spark and compression, double check it all. The reason your car isn't working is due to one of these things.

Check your timing, if your CAS is out (assuming its like a g13b) the timing will be out. What was the last thing you changed on your car? was this out of the blue?
southy

From memory CAS is located near the aternator at the back of the motor,,
TEAM RIFF RAFF
Rasputin wrote: Yes. I like hard parking faggots and want to be one. It's my dream
Thanks,
Dan.
Jazzy

jezza wrote:before jumping straight to the crank angle sensor. Check if you have fuel, spark and compression, double check it all. The reason your car isn't working is due to one of these things.

Check your timing, if your CAS is out (assuming its like a g13b) the timing will be out. What was the last thing you changed on your car? was this out of the blue?
Haven't been able to check anything. Haven't changed anything lately. Was running fine last few months. Funny thing is I was still driving it, and it only wouldn't start after I'd pulled over to see what was making the shorting out-zapping sound. :?: Sound was coming from either behind the dash or drivers foot well area.
Jazzy

southy wrote:From memory CAS is located near the aternator at the back of the motor,,
Cheers.
pictureshowman

Perhaps you have fried the alternator and been driving on battery till you stopped?
If "X" is an Unknown quantity, and a Spurt is a drip under pressure, then an "EXPERT" is an "Unknown Drip Under Pressure".
Why dont they just call it "Womenapause" instead.
1600GTI

pictureshowman wrote:Perhaps you have fried the alternator and been driving on battery till you stopped?
How is he cranking the engine then?
1600/1300 TWINCAM BALENO
with GSXR 1000 QUAD TB'S
Jazzy

Battery is still good pictureshowman. :)
Did the basic checks and.. compression is good, there's no spark, and not 100% sure about injector pulse. There's 12v at the injectors with key on IGN. But could not detect a pulse, but I might be checking it wrong. Was using a multimeter.

Checked all earth leads under bonnet and they were good, all showing 12v's. Getting 12v at any metal points under bonnet.
Pauly

Multi meter won't pick up the pulse from the injectors, you need a noid light for that.
Insert sig here
Jazzy

Still no luck trying to locate the issue. Any ideas guys? [-o<
pictureshowman

1600GTI wrote:
pictureshowman wrote:Perhaps you have fried the alternator and been driving on battery till you stopped?
Where does it say he was cranking? Said it would not start.
If "X" is an Unknown quantity, and a Spurt is a drip under pressure, then an "EXPERT" is an "Unknown Drip Under Pressure".
1600GTI

pictureshowman wrote:
1600GTI wrote:
Where does it say he was cranking? Said it would not start.
Hmmm. Read the topic???
Attachments
image.jpg
1600/1300 TWINCAM BALENO
with GSXR 1000 QUAD TB'S
pictureshowman

OOOppS My Bad.