Jamboree is on this weekend 4 swifts racing.

For all RedlineGTi and general Suzuki related discussion
Zuboo

It's that time of year again i know 4 of us have entered if you come out come say hello and if we look busy just come back later just means one of our rounds of racing is about to be completed.
A dyno will tell you anything you want, the 1/4 mile will tell you the truth!!!!
[email protected] ST, 58.98 sprint [email protected], 61.6 Lakeside, 294HP ATW
FlyingGrape

Good luck Dan and co. Have a great day. Pity i can't be there. Maybe next year!
ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph
Tassie_mk1

good luck guys! Keen to see your results!
Back in the game! Now building something mental... Will I ever finish? I hope so! When? No idea.
StinkyWizzleteats

How did everybody go? And was the 1 day event better?
dmwdave

Im sure Dan and Ben will post once they recover,but they both won their class,Dan was in street class and had a couple of lucky heats against guys who red lit, whilst his engine stalled on the first heat but his semis and final were good dial your own wins ,coaxing the opponent to brake out and with a brake before the finish taking the win.Bens car was very consistent all night and he ran in the all motor class,quite funny the commentator kept saying it had a g13b motor , he took a very deserving win against some strong opposition.
Very low crowd numbers during the afternoon and night , probably the most low key I have ever seen jamboree, however the racing was very good ,I dont think allowing the turbo v8s into the event added to the show,Rod Harvey set a new wrld record so the track was very good, the whole show was ruined by bad management with massive delays between runs , the finals ran till after 11.30 pm and we counted 85 people left in the grandstand to watch the finals with about another 50 on the grass bank side, this wasnt helped by an oil down and a run off into the traps but it took from 10.30 to 11.30 to watch seven finals(two of them were bye runs)!!!.
So I think the event only deserves a one day event now but it needs to be better managed(easy to say ,obviously very hard to do).
Well done to the guys for winning thier finals and a mention for Harry in the GT starlet who made the semis.
StinkyWizzleteats

Well done to Dan and Ben for their wins and Harry for getting to the semis =D> =D> =D>
I have to admit that I don't mind racing but sitting there all day to spectate gets a bit boring especially when there's big delays between runs. Also makes for a bloody long day on your arse when it doesn't finish 'till midnight. There's only so many times you can look at the show'n shine and there isn't really much behind the scenes that can keep you interested if looking for a break from watching the runs.
bzchi

Awesome work! =D>

Videos or it did't happen :D 8)
[YLD80Y]

Great to hear that the boys all had good results - makes a nice change from hearing the hard luck stories!
dmwdave wrote:the whole show was ruined by bad management with massive delays between runs , the finals ran till after 11.30 pm and we counted 85 people left in the grandstand to watch the finals
Sounds like ANDRA hasn't improved in 10 years. I remember almost every meet at WSID running overtime - sometimes into the early hours of the next day!
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.
Zuboo

Thanks for the reply guys.

Qualifying i did a best [email protected] mph which is a PB but first round of racing was a shocker when the car decided to have an issue under load and stalled after launching at 6500rpm and then again at 7000rpm but as i sit stalled on the line the ute next to me red lit so i had an automatic win talk about pulling so luck out of your ass.

After that i ended up racing all the boys who race in the street bracket rounds hoping to pick some easy cash tough competitors with the margin of victory most times in the .01 range. The swift was really starting to move towards the end of the night in the cool air and running [email protected] while i'm on the brakes bracket racing if i had not had to hit the brakes it felt like it would run a low 11.

The swift ran great all day 30psi pushing it down the track that's one tough Vitara piston engine. :twisted:
A dyno will tell you anything you want, the 1/4 mile will tell you the truth!!!!
Zuboo

Puss-on-Boost

What a day! Arrived at the track at 6:45am and get handed an envelope stamped "To be audited".......rolled the car off the trailer and headed up to the scrutineer sheds shortly after and still only made it to the staging lanes for my first run at 8:50am (9:00am was the latest I could be there!!).

That bullshit out of the way the rest of the day was a blast, the car required no attention besides cleaning it, checking the tyre pressures and making sure that there was enough fuel on board for the next run. While it was parked up the car attracted its share of attention.

Qualifying went well enough running:

Q1: [email protected]
Q2: [email protected]
Q3: [email protected]

When racing rolled around I chose 12.70 as my dial-in and didn't change it.

Over 5 rounds of racing I faced off against 4 Beetles and had 1 bye round (in fact even in qualifying I raced next to a Beetle in Q2&3!!)

The bye came to me in round 3 of racing so I decided to run it hard and check my dial, hoping to maybe improve on my 12.5 PB in the cooler air but ended up running a [email protected] which given the race format was ideal.

The Beetle I met in the final had been running a dial of 12.50 all night and decided to pull back to a 12.70 dial for our race. Reactions were going to be important, I got the jump on him by 0.035 (0.057 to a 0.092 r/t) and with his cars performance he was able to get in front of me and basically just sit there, my only hope was to string together a solid run and push him to break out, which is exactly what happened - double break out - I ran 12.654 while the beetle ran 12.562 giving me a career best result and my first drag racing trophy since I made runner up and WSID Drag Warz back in 2005!

Thanks to Zuboo, Harry, Josh and Brad for the team effort on the day. Has to be the best jamboree I've had for a while from our perspective.

Definitely a shame the crowd numbers weren't there in the arvo and into the night, IMO the only thing really letting the whole show down from being a huge success.

http://youtu.be/a7LdOFNCOds this video sums up my Jamboree
Education is important, but race cars are importanter
pictureshowman

Well done Dan, Ben and the boys.
If "X" is an Unknown quantity, and a Spurt is a drip under pressure, then an "EXPERT" is an "Unknown Drip Under Pressure".
Why dont they just call it "Womenapause" instead.
FlyingGrape

Well done guys, great result.
ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph