what did you do on your car to day

For all RedlineGTi and general Suzuki related discussion
mattman

as the title states (not sure if its been done on this site before so here goes)
what did you do on your car to day

ill start it off
looked at my gti....... located where to mount my gauges marked the positions locked it up and went home 8)
Last edited by mattman on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ive fallen victim to daily driver tern project car
the swift bug has not left me and i will return to a swft gti
ghostG13B

well i didnt do anything on the actual car... but i mocked up my new turbo kit on a spare engine to check clearences and rotated my turbo to suit...
"I don't try to explain to people why I drive a GTI. For those who understand no explanation is needed! For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible..." ghostG13B

Bewitched Performance Crew
Bewitched Gti

Fitted just enough dynamat in my doors to make th pod mounted speakers sound decent...haha its a lightened shell (I stripped all th factory sound deadening, including the firewall) but I cant bear to go without my tunes, so i sacrificed a little weight gain to improve where its needed :P
And I began polishing th casting marks off my G16 block, because im a fussy bastard with alloy parts...
strider

4 door: stock JDM motor (wait for some fund for new paint) with minor modification
2 door: I'm in progress of changing my bottom end to vitara block. Add some high compression 76mm piston with g13b port and polish head... looking for 130hp atw [-o<
Pauly

Thrashed the absolute arse of it on the way to work this morning :lol:
30km of driving and just over a 1/3 of a tank used 8-[
Insert sig here
buzza9

Broke it
CONVO RACING
Pauly

Fucking what?
Insert sig here
NickG13B

Put in a bottle of injector cleaner and a full tank of BP ULTIMATE. Drove it around, for a half hour or so, then went home. About to start trying to make my roof clock work properly.
White 1994 MK3 Swift GTi

Lots of Used MK2 & MK3 GTi parts FOR SALE

Brand New Aftermarket Parts FOR SALE - http://www.facebook.com/OnlineAutoSupplies?ref=hl
azza91

Serviced it
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
DeXtOrAu

azza91 wrote:Serviced it
Nothing to my car as such but... i got back a socket that has been machiened to fit a DMW lightened flywheel..and hopefully tommorrow my car will be up and going with a new clutch, flywheel, gearbox, rear main seal, drive shafts, radiator hoses (non pretty colours) and also a new radiator.... 8)
I have a GTI for a few reasons. The main one is because commonfalcons are like bellybuttons....everyone has one.
BWTCHD Performance Build Crew
sly1

Bewitched Gti wrote:Fitted just enough dynamat in my doors to make th pod mounted speakers sound decent...haha its a lightened shell (I stripped all th factory sound deadening, including the firewall) but I cant bear to go without my tunes, so i sacrificed a little weight gain to improve where its needed :P
And I began polishing th casting marks off my G16 block, because im a fussy bastard with alloy parts...
Fussy is an undersatement :lol: . The modena diff and half casing i got off you 18 months ago was polished to the max. It took me a good few hours to get the other half of the gearbox to match the half i got off you.

I contemplated driving mine to work but it was raining so it stays in the shed.
CC08 all torque and no traction
5th time lucky:)
MKH

Put most of the interior back in, put the head back on the engine. Rest of the engine will be going back together this afternoon.
swiftgti4

sat and drove to do a call out :P and saw 2 hachi roku's on the way in the wet :P
WRX JDM STi, FULLY FORGED AND CLOSED DECK, AND COIL OVERS, AND BIG BRAKES.
DrelvisGTi

Topped up the oil... as usual! :roll:
スズキ カルタス GT-i
NickG13B

Today; Got my roof clock working, with a new globe :mrgreen: Giving the car a quick clean before heading up to Sydney tonight.
White 1994 MK3 Swift GTi

Lots of Used MK2 & MK3 GTi parts FOR SALE

Brand New Aftermarket Parts FOR SALE - http://www.facebook.com/OnlineAutoSupplies?ref=hl
TUERCAS

2 days ago I Serviced my daily (MK3 Gti) with Penrite everyday 10W-40 (great oil 100% synthetic)

Today worked on my little project (MK3 Gti).. I stripped the whole interior bare, ready for a good scrub all around.. Also eliminated the alarm system it came with, never seen so much wire in my life.!! all nice and tidy under there now 8)
Hertz

I glanced at it from a distance, broken down in my car port :x
buzza9

Hertz wrote:I glanced at it from a distance, broken down in my car port :x
Hey hertz can you reply to my email??
CONVO RACING
drumer_z

I took mine to 00VRO for some fresh paint on the front end.
Work, Rest and GTi
Hertz

buzza9 wrote:
Hertz wrote:I glanced at it from a distance, broken down in my car port :x
Hey hertz can you reply to my email??
Hey mate, I sure will, Ive just flown back from Geraldton, and i'll get to it tomorrow morning, i'm having a few beers to relax tonight, but it will be a priority tomorrow.
ghostG13B

DeXtOrAu wrote: Nothing to my car as such but... i got back a socket that has been machiened to fit a DMW lightened flywheel..and hopefully tommorrow my car will be up and going with a new clutch, flywheel, gearbox, rear main seal, drive shafts, radiator hoses (non pretty colours) and also a new radiator.... 8)
OK this is todays Plan...... :roll: fit new clutch, flywheel, gearbox, rear main seal, drive shafts, radiator hoses (non pretty colours) and also a new radiator to Dextorau's GTI and get it out of my carport to get my car space back :lol:
"I don't try to explain to people why I drive a GTI. For those who understand no explanation is needed! For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible..." ghostG13B

DeXtOrAu

ghostG13B wrote:
DeXtOrAu wrote: Nothing to my car as such but... i got back a socket that has been machiened to fit a DMW lightened flywheel..and hopefully tommorrow my car will be up and going with a new clutch, flywheel, gearbox, rear main seal, drive shafts, radiator hoses (non pretty colours) and also a new radiator.... 8)
OK this is todays Plan...... :roll: fit new clutch, flywheel, gearbox, rear main seal, drive shafts, radiator hoses (non pretty colours) and also a new radiator to Dextorau's GTI and get it out of my carport to get my car space back :lol:
Thanks mate!!! hahaha ur awsome...see you at 1.20pm...
I have a GTI for a few reasons. The main one is because commonfalcons are like bellybuttons....everyone has one.
swift1

well today i repaired my top spoiler found that it was cracked and installed crooked pulled it off will leave it til new paint
Maximum

Bought some spare parts for the car to replace the damage from a crash. Front guard, headlight, parker light for 60 bucks. Bonus was that the guards on the front quarterpanel were already rolled too :D Just had to slam it on and I have the start of a rubiks cube gti :roll: Going to paint it soon.
Moved on from the GTi (RIP December 2011)

Now own: 2012 Hyundai Veloster Turbo in Marmalade Chameleon
Pauly

i take it you did something silly again?
that fb status was a laugh when i saw everyone gang up and put the $5 worth in :lol:
Insert sig here
souldjah

opened my driver door, noticed my door trim was that F*@!'ed that it stayed in the car as the door came open.. so have to pop it back in for time being.. wtb door trim mk2-3 gti *mk2 with elec windows* :S then on way to work noticed i can no longer slam second.. have to nana it untill it accepts second gear then carry on redlining.. why is only second doing this? clutch bar? oil?
[SLYGTI]
Pauly

souldjah wrote:opened my driver door, noticed my door trim was that F*@!'ed that it stayed in the car as the door came open.. so have to pop it back in for time being.. wtb door trim mk2-3 gti *mk2 with elec windows* :S then on way to work noticed i can no longer slam second.. have to nana it untill it accepts second gear then carry on redlining.. why is only second doing this? clutch bar? oil?
to many "slamed shifts" will do that... the 2nd gear syncro always fucks out
Insert sig here
souldjah

by the sounds of when you "have" to crunch it in certain scenarios.. it's getting worse.. is there anything i could adjust? or add? it's a new gearbox so really shouldn't be doing this?

Yeah, do slam it.. but in a respective manner
[SLYGTI]
FlyingGrape

ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph
GTI Dad

Pulled the front bar off to "refit it properly" after 6 months of "not getting around to it" :oops:

HATE those 12mm nuts at the back of the bar reinforcement :evil: :evil: :evil:

Then gave it a wash & a vacuum. =D>
GTi fever is costing me a bomb
Shazlic

Drove it to work, drove it home. Looked at it and started weighing up the pros and cons of going turbo or not.
White 93 GTi
BD14 Cams
Growly Cam Gears
SR20DE Throttle Body
Gtaye Performance Chip
Powered_by_Suzuki

Shazlic wrote:Drove it to work, drove it home. Looked at it and started weighing up the pros and cons of going turbo or not.
PRO: You'll get that cool "wooosh" noise.
CONS: No more cruises, because N/A swifts are just too damn slow :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pauly

Ha if you say so Justin...
Insert sig here
Capt_Gherkin

Shazlic wrote:Drove it to work, drove it home. Looked at it and started weighing up the pros and cons of going turbo or not.
there are cons???!!! :lol: :lol:
Cheers,
James.
[YLD80Y]

Powered_by_Suzuki wrote:
PRO: You'll get that cool "wooosh" noise.
CONS: No more cruises, because N/A swifts are just too damn slow :lol: :lol: :lol:
CON: No more cruises, because your car will become a perpetual "project" as you constantly replace and upgrade components. :lol:
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.
mattman

same here to turbo or not to turbo that is the question #-o
ive fallen victim to daily driver tern project car
the swift bug has not left me and i will return to a swft gti
Shazlic

Defect sticker is another thing that will be a con if I get pulled over and asked to pop my bonnet like every other time I'm pulled over.
White 93 GTi
BD14 Cams
Growly Cam Gears
SR20DE Throttle Body
Gtaye Performance Chip
DeXtOrAu

Shazlic wrote:Defect sticker is another thing that will be a con if I get pulled over and asked to pop my bonnet like every other time I'm pulled over.
only cause u sounded like a truck.
Shazlic

DeXtOrAu wrote:
Shazlic wrote:Defect sticker is another thing that will be a con if I get pulled over and asked to pop my bonnet like every other time I'm pulled over.
only cause u sounded like a truck.
It's everytime I get pulled over
White 93 GTi
BD14 Cams
Growly Cam Gears
SR20DE Throttle Body
Gtaye Performance Chip
Billzilla

I actually did some work on it today!!

I pulled the oil cooler and water pump off. Also the scavenge pump drive belt and also the cam belt to get to all the bits. The oil tank also came out.
Gonna modify the water pump so it will have a small water feed into the new oil cooler, a WRX unit on the side of the engine.

Also made up the bracket that holds the jig for the new engine mount on the side of the spare engine - I'm moving the chassis end of the engine mount to the rear side of the chassis tube instead of the front to give me more room for the WRX oil cooler.
Maximum

if you want your license it's totally not worth it. I was weighing it up too as I could have scored a 400 dollar kit cause the fella needed money and that same afternoon I was pulled over and copped 3 defects. After that I trashcanned the idea. Can't afford to lose my license
Moved on from the GTi (RIP December 2011)

Now own: 2012 Hyundai Veloster Turbo in Marmalade Chameleon
Shazlic

Maximum wrote:
if you want your license it's totally not worth it. I was weighing it up too as I could have scored a 400 dollar kit cause the fella needed money and that same afternoon I was pulled over and copped 3 defects. After that I trashcanned the idea. Can't afford to lose my license
I won't lose my license for it. SA is less strict and doesn't have the rules were P platers can't have turbo/super chargers.
White 93 GTi
BD14 Cams
Growly Cam Gears
SR20DE Throttle Body
Gtaye Performance Chip
southy

Didn't do anything to it but went for a short run up some twisties as soon as a got home from work, and realized how fu&king boring commodores are!!
TEAM RIFF RAFF
Rasputin wrote: Yes. I like hard parking faggots and want to be one. It's my dream
Thanks,
Dan.
azza91

polished the intake mani and started on the rocker cover
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
buzza9

Powered_by_Suzuki wrote: CONS: No more cruises, because N/A swifts are just too damn slow :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha noob
CONVO RACING
souldjah

walked past my car in disgust =( second gear is bringing tears to my eyes! haha
also just want a normal door.. will take a photo tonight.. and hopefully someone will understand what i need =(
[SLYGTI]
azza91

whipped up a CAI in half an hour
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
motagraff

actually started driving it for the first time in a while.. Lol second gear 80ks sounds like a chainsaw!!! Takin it to suziworld friday to sort out some small oil leaks, idle issues and reset TPS. Hopefully all issues will be fixed an i can concentrate on choosing tyres an shocks.
92 gti, ''the money pit'' 15,120k and increasing....
CJ peformance ecu, cultus cams, moylee19 gears and a nut behind the wheel :lol:
MKH

Adjusted the clutch, picked up another gearbox because mine is on its way out.
PGB

Swore at and Spat on it :lol: :lol: