Introduce yourself:

For all RedlineGTi and general Suzuki related discussion
Post Reply
rithvikv.driftkin
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:02 pm
Location: Delhi India

Hi,
My name is Rithvik... am from India am 16 years old (well goin to be 17 this april). I stumbled upon this forum trying to find out if it was possible to swap a gsxr1300 or hayabusa head on a g13 or a k12m . I know how to drive but dont hav a license so... i own a 2010 alto k10 which is the k10b version of alto and a k12m the non vvt head swift dzire ( thats *hard to explain* ummm..Swift sedan??!!?!)
My first car or rather the first car my family owned was an ss80 or the maruti 800 f8 then another alto f8b and now the dzire..(absolutely love it...never gonna sell ull hav to bury me with it)
Talking about future plans....there are many....believe me MANY like turbo-ing the k12m after rebuilding * the turbo might be of a diesel ddis swift*or a g13bb swap from cultus or esteem ( what we call it) might place is longitudinally with a samurai transmission and go DRIFTING !!
User avatar
jay71au
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:18 pm
Location: Adelaide

Hi
My name is Jason and I'm in Adelaide, South Australia.
I have a 1986 Suzuki Cultus GTi import. I use if for car rallies. Owned it for over 10 years now and have lots of fun in it.
rallysprint-768x512.jpg
Had lots of trouble finding parts in Adelaide so at the moment it has a standard front bumper but since joining this group I have found a new bumper and now the car is back to original.
superchiwawa
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:25 pm
Location: Brussels

Hi,

My name is Seb and I found this place looking for some info on G13Bs that's dropping into a mini that I removed out of a rusty '96 gti.
Oh and my daily driver is a 2008 Swift Sport with leather seats. Guess I like NA Suzukis... :)

Look forward to meeting yall!

Cheers

S.
rocket pocket
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:41 am
Location: anu

Hi I just join this site looking for info on gti..i have a 1998 gti...i change the g13 bottom end n gearbox to a g16 still using the gti head with a stage 3 clutch everything else is stock...its good for boost but not ready to boost it yet...do anyone know wat kinda pistons I can used without fabricating the ris pin (at least flat top like the gti or high compression)...n gear for the g16 box to make them closer....or part for the g13 gearbox(my second gear is damaged
alecwolf
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:56 pm
Location: Hungary

Hi all!

I'm Sándor from Hungary, Esztergom (home of the Suzuki Swift since '91 :D )
Suzuki owner since ten years; my first car was a '96 Baleno which was replaced by a new Swift in 2011. It has saved my life in an accident two years ago, but unfortunately get financial total loss.
Now we own a '94 Swift GL with my girlfriend, and I'm looking for an SA310 GTi or Mk 2 GTi just for fun.
Besides, I want to make a 1/43 scale modelcar for both SA310 GTi and Mk 2 GTi. using 3D modelling, 3D printing and resin casting - I'm looking for references of both cars
Attachments
SA310 GTI model
SA310 GTI model
Greti - first look of our '94 Swift GL
Greti - first look of our '94 Swift GL
Lyk - my totaled Swift
Lyk - my totaled Swift
Baleno - bought with cooked engine
Baleno - bought with cooked engine
11755131_10205001338058583_2915366803379667836_n.jpg (83.22 KiB) Viewed 19036 times
User avatar
Howsie13
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Napier

rocket pocket wrote:Hi I just join this site looking for info on gti..i have a 1998 gti...i change the g13 bottom end n gearbox to a g16 still using the gti head with a stage 3 clutch everything else is stock...its good for boost but not ready to boost it yet...do anyone know wat kinda pistons I can used without fabricating the ris pin (at least flat top like the gti or high compression)...n gear for the g16 box to make them closer....or part for the g13 gearbox(my second gear is damaged
Hi Rocket,

There is plenty of info on here and Teamswift about using the G16 with the G13b head. Personally I would have left the G13 alone as the bottom end has a forged crank from the GTi and handles boost better. Going boost you want lower compression. Standard pistons will handle about 10psi as many on here have shown, more than that and you need to look at Vitara or forged aftermarket.

The G16 box is a bigger frame box and you can use the gears from the M16 gearboxes, as to exactly what ratios you are after you will have to work out, however there is lots of information on here about that also.
A Kiwi learning to fly in a Mk1.
Slodgie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Location: 2307

21yr old from newy that has a 87 mk1 swift want to do some mods no turbo. Found this site threw the people who bought the sister car a red mk1
User avatar
Howsie13
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Napier

Slodgie wrote:21yr old from newy that has a 87 mk1 swift want to do some mods no turbo. Found this site threw the people who bought the sister car a red mk1
Oooh another Mk1 owner! Cool cars, might be worth something in another 30 years :p if I can keep mine alive that long.

Happy to talk technical as I have a Mk1 Gti and its red so it goes faster. Welcome!
A Kiwi learning to fly in a Mk1.
GT4LIFE
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:27 pm
Location: Washington State

Hello everyone. I have been visiting here for several years and am a member on Teamswift and GeoMetroForum. I'm not sure why I never joined. This is a great site. I have 92 GT, a 90 GT, and several Geo Metros. I'll eventually get around to posting up my build on my 92, but in the mean time I look forward to continuing to read and checking out all the awesome builds on here.

Daniel
Cysiu
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:29 am
Location: Poland

Hello Everyone.
Been registered here few years ago, but did not have any occasion to introduce myself. I live in Poland, and let's say Swift always was part of my life. I will try to partly show You what type of Suzuki I have.
BV1
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:24 am

Hi guys,

Canadian owner here, in Manitoba. One of the last 89 Swift GTI around here, 70,000 miles. Its been a full resto projet, almost done. Perhaps I will create a thread and share some pics :)

Steve
88 Chevrolet Sprint 1.0L
swift12
Posts: 956
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:40 am
Location: NZ

put ya pics up mate
rusty0256
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Melbourne

Hi all,

Im writing for the first time from 2018 Classic Japan - my 93 GTI is in (first year it is eligible). The only GTI here (although there are a couple of very cool Mighty Boys present).

Back story is I’ve owned my ‘baby’ from new, purchased in May 1993 from Melbourne City Suzuki - Black with dealer supplied ROTEK mag wheels. It was my ‘Mid Life Crisis’ car and served as my daily driver for many years through good and bad times. I had a few bad years financially back in the early noughties and my Suzuki never let me down, stayed reliable and ran on the smell of an oily rag.

As times got better and the GTI was gradually downgraded from daily driver to weekend driver to sitting in the driveway collecting cobwebs. I was tempted to sell it several times but just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Every year the rego renewal would arrive and every year I would grudgingly fork out the ever increasing fee because ‘one day’. I was going to find the time to do it justice and get it going again.

So fast forward to 2018 and finally I was at a crossroads; sell the bugger as is (going but only just, paintwork shagged, etc) or spend some coin and do it up. I chose the latter and I am very happy I did! I’ve had some stage 1 mechanical work done to clear up a number of mechanical niggles. I’d had the car painted about 8 years ago but despite it looking quite tired I had a detailing guy give it a massive cut back and polish and it’s now just about better than new!

So long story short, I’m going to be trawling the pages of redlinegti to start stage 2 of my restoration. Let the games begin.

In the meantime here are some photos...
Attachments
72A8AF01-CA82-4E12-B190-356B09C7D191.jpeg
User avatar
Howsie13
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Napier

Welcome! As you say, she is a nicely polished machine!

Start your build thread so we can follow along and chip in a few opinions here and there. There are still a few active members that haunt this forum.

Will be great to see this original girl get the upgrades it deserves :D
A Kiwi learning to fly in a Mk1.
Juanra
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:07 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Hello

They call me Juanra, I'm from Puerto Rico. I work in a shop were we use the G13b engine in Samurais (Jinmys) to sand drag.
Attachments
43548792_2065700716786522_6467861207473717248_n.jpg
18222396_1937481793164242_5797751384256511692_n.jpg
13308396_1206617776024105_7326861937965436640_o.jpg
User avatar
d
Posts: 1149
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Melbourne
Location: Melbourne

Juanra wrote:Hello

They call me Juanra, I'm from Puerto Rico. I work in a shop were we use the G13b engine in Samurais (Jinmys) to sand drag.

Thats nuts Juan
great to see such a beautiful and powerful Jimny
570hp is crazy nuts for sandblasting!
I was happy with a stock g16b in my sand rail
but this is something else =D>
david thomas
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:16 pm
Location: india

Thanks you :D .

My name is David & liv in the ACT, I would say that my car is ful sick :shock: with a touch of rice :lol: .

My swift is a 93 & now has a funny colour, sort of green white & purple :roll: :lol: .

Performance mods: yes i have some & still working on more.

ICE : JVC, Infinity & Alpine.
georgejones01
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:13 pm
Location: New Delhi
Contact:

my name is George l and just thought i'd say HI to everyone :wink:
mrcdmr
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 6:30 am
Location: Turkey

Hello from Turkey :)


Image
Image
dnok79
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:04 pm
Location: UK

Hello from the UK

Ive had my little ignis sport for around 3 years now and its totally standard apart from the wheels. I only bought it as a go between car but its proved its loyalty and i love it.

Anyway ive decided as i already own a few cars and as i was looking to do a track car that i want to go a bit mad with the ignis.
Now excuse me if this has come up but i have, and am still looking, for info but ive not found much.
Obviously the little m15a isnt the most powerful thing in the world and there isnt that much scope for it really which has made me look at swaps.

Unfortunately theres little chance of me getting an m18 vvt over here and if i break it I'll struggle for parts.
This has left me looking over the engine bay with a tape measure and hitting google hard.

Ive seen that the early swifts have had some great swaps done and (grabs fire proof jacket) ive seen some brilliant honda powered swaps. I have no clue how large the early swift engine bays are in comparison to the ignis sport. Could anyone help?

The simplest thing here in UK (ok not that simple i know) would be a k20 swap out of a EP civic.
I can buy a full car in good condition for peanuts and have everything to hand for a swap except custom mounts etc but you know what i mean.

I know b16 / b18 swaps could be easier but you cant pick up the donor cars cheap anymore and people want strong money just for the engines. I could break and pick up again ep civics all day long for silly cheap which is ideal for a track based car.

I will keep looking but i have tried, possibly jedi google skills failing me, i dont know, but any help at all would be blooming marvelous because so far ive not found a bloddy thing.

Few k20 early swifts though which has given me hope.

Im not a dreamer, or 18 lol, just a 40 year old dude with an itch to scratch. Ive done subarus, audis, peugeot, mg, seat, vw and plenty more but nothing has captured my heart like the little igy.
It may end up wrecked on track but what a way to send it to the breakers :)
User avatar
Howsie13
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Napier

dnok79 wrote:Hello from the UK

Ive had my little ignis sport for around 3 years now and its totally standard apart from the wheels. I only bought it as a go between car but its proved its loyalty and i love it.

Anyway ive decided as i already own a few cars and as i was looking to do a track car that i want to go a bit mad with the ignis.
Now excuse me if this has come up but i have, and am still looking, for info but ive not found much.
Obviously the little m15a isnt the most powerful thing in the world and there isnt that much scope for it really which has made me look at swaps.

Unfortunately theres little chance of me getting an m18 vvt over here and if i break it I'll struggle for parts.
This has left me looking over the engine bay with a tape measure and hitting google hard.

Ive seen that the early swifts have had some great swaps done and (grabs fire proof jacket) ive seen some brilliant honda powered swaps. I have no clue how large the early swift engine bays are in comparison to the ignis sport. Could anyone help?

The simplest thing here in UK (ok not that simple i know) would be a k20 swap out of a EP civic.
I can buy a full car in good condition for peanuts and have everything to hand for a swap except custom mounts etc but you know what i mean.

I know b16 / b18 swaps could be easier but you cant pick up the donor cars cheap anymore and people want strong money just for the engines. I could break and pick up again ep civics all day long for silly cheap which is ideal for a track based car.

I will keep looking but i have tried, possibly jedi google skills failing me, i dont know, but any help at all would be blooming marvelous because so far ive not found a bloddy thing.

Few k20 early swifts though which has given me hope.

Im not a dreamer, or 18 lol, just a 40 year old dude with an itch to scratch. Ive done subarus, audis, peugeot, mg, seat, vw and plenty more but nothing has captured my heart like the little igy.
It may end up wrecked on track but what a way to send it to the breakers :)
Hello and welcome.

I was trawling the Ignis section for a bit (a first for me) and found little information, but im tired at cannot focus right so you might find more than me.
Eye-balling the engine bay size, it might fit a K20. Few pics around here of some in the earlier Swifts.
Best to start your own build thread so you can keep all the info in one place and people can follow along.
A Kiwi learning to fly in a Mk1.
dnok79
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:04 pm
Location: UK

Howsie13 wrote:
dnok79 wrote:Hello from the UK

Ive had my little ignis sport for around 3 years now and its totally standard apart from the wheels. I only bought it as a go between car but its proved its loyalty and i love it.

Anyway ive decided as i already own a few cars and as i was looking to do a track car that i want to go a bit mad with the ignis.
Now excuse me if this has come up but i have, and am still looking, for info but ive not found much.
Obviously the little m15a isnt the most powerful thing in the world and there isnt that much scope for it really which has made me look at swaps.

Unfortunately theres little chance of me getting an m18 vvt over here and if i break it I'll struggle for parts.
This has left me looking over the engine bay with a tape measure and hitting google hard.

Ive seen that the early swifts have had some great swaps done and (grabs fire proof jacket) ive seen some brilliant honda powered swaps. I have no clue how large the early swift engine bays are in comparison to the ignis sport. Could anyone help?

The simplest thing here in UK (ok not that simple i know) would be a k20 swap out of a EP civic.
I can buy a full car in good condition for peanuts and have everything to hand for a swap except custom mounts etc but you know what i mean.

I know b16 / b18 swaps could be easier but you cant pick up the donor cars cheap anymore and people want strong money just for the engines. I could break and pick up again ep civics all day long for silly cheap which is ideal for a track based car.

I will keep looking but i have tried, possibly jedi google skills failing me, i dont know, but any help at all would be blooming marvelous because so far ive not found a bloddy thing.

Few k20 early swifts though which has given me hope.

Im not a dreamer, or 18 lol, just a 40 year old dude with an itch to scratch. Ive done subarus, audis, peugeot, mg, seat, vw and plenty more but nothing has captured my heart like the little igy.
It may end up wrecked on track but what a way to send it to the breakers :)
Hello and welcome.

I was trawling the Ignis section for a bit (a first for me) and found little information, but im tired at cannot focus right so you might find more than me.
Eye-balling the engine bay size, it might fit a K20. Few pics around here of some in the earlier Swifts.
Best to start your own build thread so you can keep all the info in one place and people can follow along.
Hi and thanks. Yeah if i do ever do it I'll definitely document it.
I'll have a look around for pics of early swifts engine bays with the engine out to see if i can gauge anything from that.
Ideally i could do with looking round an ep civic with a tape measure. I dont know anyone who has one at present so i guess a trip to a breakers yard could be in order.

I do think with the shorter runnered inlet manifold and sone potential bulkhead massaging that it'll fit. Its having enough space to get it lined up with the ep gearbox thats bothering me more.

Well, and the fact no one seems to have done it in a time where the whole world wants a k swap lol. Kinda makes me think if it hasn't been done then maybe it cant be? I dont know. Surely the early swift bay cant be bigger than the ignis? But then again i wouldnt know
User avatar
Howsie13
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Napier

Just off the eye-o-meter, the Ignis engine bay looks much smaller than the early swifts bay.

Check out Zuboos post (300hp Swift) about a K20 swap into his swift, might give you an idea on size.
A Kiwi learning to fly in a Mk1.
Slygtii
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm
Location: Beverly Hills

Hi guys, my name is Jim I'm from Sydney NSW I was part of the forum's many years ago and have recently acquired another since I have a soft spot for them :lol: :lol: the swift I bought was either built or atleast owned by someone on here since it has a redline gti dash mat. So if anyone has any info on the car please let me know :D cheers guys here she is :D

http://tinypic.com/r/14cv6ys/9

http://tinypic.com/r/344b9na/9
User avatar
FlyingGrape
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:03 am
Location: Canberra
Location: Singapore

Slygtii wrote:Hi guys, my name is Jim I'm from Sydney NSW I was part of the forum's many years ago and have recently acquired another since I have a soft spot for them :lol: :lol: the swift I bought was either built or atleast owned by someone on here since it has a redline gti dash mat. So if anyone has any info on the car please let me know :D cheers guys here she is :D

http://tinypic.com/r/14cv6ys/9

http://tinypic.com/r/344b9na/9
Starts here https://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewto ... it=phantom

ends here https://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewto ... it=phantom

GTI kids car was also a good one
ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph
Slygtii
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm
Location: Beverly Hills

FlyingGrape wrote:
Slygtii wrote:Hi guys, my name is Jim I'm from Sydney NSW I was part of the forum's many years ago and have recently acquired another since I have a soft spot for them :lol: :lol: the swift I bought was either built or atleast owned by someone on here since it has a redline gti dash mat. So if anyone has any info on the car please let me know :D cheers guys here she is :D

http://tinypic.com/r/14cv6ys/9

http://tinypic.com/r/344b9na/9
Starts here https://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewto ... it=phantom

ends here https://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewto ... it=phantom

GTI kids car was also a good one
Thanks mate much appreciated
Biotuned_GTi
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:31 am
Location: Jamaica

Hello there, my name is Ricardo and I am from the island of Jamaica in the West Indies, I have a 94 GTi, i actually have two, one for a full race car and this current one am driving is for daily drive and fun on the weekends. There is nothing but GTi in my world, been a fan over 13 years now and got my first GTi in 2009. I actually started a car group called "Suzuki Nation" in Jamaica, we have 90 members island and growing and I am the President, all inspired by the help I have got from Redline GTi and Teamswift.net. You guys helped me build my car from just reading your threads and posts. Hope I will be welcomed as I have been reading for a few years and wanna share my project and get your thoughts on what is the best approach.

Thanks for the help, and I look forward to giving my input as well 8) 8) 8)
Hope you like my latest project. Monster Sport P1, if Monster Sport had made specs for the GTi this is what it should be like :D

Started with a cherry red mint condition GTi, 36,000km on the clock, the cleanest stock car I have ever seen.....paid twice the market price but it was worth it.

Let me know what you guys think.
Attachments
IMG-20190921-WA0050.jpg
IMG-20190921-WA0051 (1).jpg
"The Aim......Fastest GTi in Jamaica."
green cino
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:15 pm
Location: NSW

Biotuned_GTi.....that car looks great!
swift12
Posts: 956
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:40 am
Location: NZ

Awesome!
mathewbarnes
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:17 am
Location: baltimore

hope everyone is fine, I am Mathew new member of this forum I am happy to join you guys,
I was searching for the best auto transport service provider in Baltimore, some of company are fame but its expensive but I searching for the reliable which I can afford it, I have search auto transport name "All state to state auto transport company" which I can afford but looking for any other to compare the prices
mathewbarnes
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:17 am
Location: baltimore

hope everyone is fine, I am Mathew new member of this forum I am happy to join you guys,
I was searching for the best auto transport service provider in Baltimore, some of the company are fame but its expensive but I searching for the reliable which I can afford it, I have search auto transport name "All state to state auto transport company" which I can afford but looking for any other to compare the prices. :)
Suzuki Liana turbo
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:37 pm
Location: BRISBANE

Hello everyone,

I own a Suzuki Liana I am building a turbo motor atm
for it I am looking for a Marc Dryden in Melbourne to find some information on a block and was wondering if anyone had a contact for him.
Thanks in advance
Simon
Pipey
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:47 pm
Location: Geelong

Hi All,
My names is John.

Started with a gifted MH Barina that was supposed to be my stepsons first car, he bought a Corrolla instead. Great I'll race the Barina.
Happened upon a GP edition Cino that had had a little kiss in the front, beauty, donor car.
Discovered that structural cancer in the Barina; change of plans race the Cino.

Picked up another neat Cino, great, one for motorkhana and the GP Cino for autocross.

Got hold of a couple of Balenos thinking of a rally car and pinching the wasted spark for GP Cino.
Have fitted a DGAV weber to the GP and ITBs purchased and planed.
Fitted a rear sway bar, spring changes and strut braces in the wind.

Late last year I purchased the first GTI thus far. Most of the planned mods for the Cino will transfer across to the GTi quite well.
I'm getting pretty good at stripping out the little fellas.
It is a bonus that the GTi already has EFI. Intending to change to an after market ECU. The car needs a new harness any way as the previous owner set fire to it while cleaning the engine bay. [-X

Great site, lots of good helpfull information. Found the site via Google. Keep up the good work folks and many thanks in advance.
G13Bmini
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:24 am
Location: Sweden

Hi!

My namn is Marcus and have a Swift engined mini and working on a mg midget which also will be sporting a swift engine👍

Cheers
Marcus
Attachments
A21504FE-78D8-4CE4-A85C-273708D2EE56.jpeg
8A99F81D-E8C5-4F9A-9581-3757C38AC536.jpeg
C1C8B8C5-C970-49A9-85ED-A05B84C6E16E.jpeg
Post Reply