It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am
Posts: 471
Location: Napier
dnok79 wrote:
Hello from the UK

Ive had my little ignis sport for around 3 years now and its totally standard apart from the wheels. I only bought it as a go between car but its proved its loyalty and i love it.

Anyway ive decided as i already own a few cars and as i was looking to do a track car that i want to go a bit mad with the ignis.
Now excuse me if this has come up but i have, and am still looking, for info but ive not found much.
Obviously the little m15a isnt the most powerful thing in the world and there isnt that much scope for it really which has made me look at swaps.

Unfortunately theres little chance of me getting an m18 vvt over here and if i break it I'll struggle for parts.
This has left me looking over the engine bay with a tape measure and hitting google hard.

Ive seen that the early swifts have had some great swaps done and (grabs fire proof jacket) ive seen some brilliant honda powered swaps. I have no clue how large the early swift engine bays are in comparison to the ignis sport. Could anyone help?

The simplest thing here in UK (ok not that simple i know) would be a k20 swap out of a EP civic.
I can buy a full car in good condition for peanuts and have everything to hand for a swap except custom mounts etc but you know what i mean.

I know b16 / b18 swaps could be easier but you cant pick up the donor cars cheap anymore and people want strong money just for the engines. I could break and pick up again ep civics all day long for silly cheap which is ideal for a track based car.

I will keep looking but i have tried, possibly jedi google skills failing me, i dont know, but any help at all would be blooming marvelous because so far ive not found a bloddy thing.

Few k20 early swifts though which has given me hope.

Im not a dreamer, or 18 lol, just a 40 year old dude with an itch to scratch. Ive done subarus, audis, peugeot, mg, seat, vw and plenty more but nothing has captured my heart like the little igy.
It may end up wrecked on track but what a way to send it to the breakers :)


Hello and welcome.

I was trawling the Ignis section for a bit (a first for me) and found little information, but im tired at cannot focus right so you might find more than me.
Eye-balling the engine bay size, it might fit a K20. Few pics around here of some in the earlier Swifts.
Best to start your own build thread so you can keep all the info in one place and people can follow along.

_________________
A Kiwi learning to fly in a Mk1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:04 pm
Posts: 2
Location: UK
Howsie13 wrote:
dnok79 wrote:
Hello from the UK

Ive had my little ignis sport for around 3 years now and its totally standard apart from the wheels. I only bought it as a go between car but its proved its loyalty and i love it.

Anyway ive decided as i already own a few cars and as i was looking to do a track car that i want to go a bit mad with the ignis.
Now excuse me if this has come up but i have, and am still looking, for info but ive not found much.
Obviously the little m15a isnt the most powerful thing in the world and there isnt that much scope for it really which has made me look at swaps.

Unfortunately theres little chance of me getting an m18 vvt over here and if i break it I'll struggle for parts.
This has left me looking over the engine bay with a tape measure and hitting google hard.

Ive seen that the early swifts have had some great swaps done and (grabs fire proof jacket) ive seen some brilliant honda powered swaps. I have no clue how large the early swift engine bays are in comparison to the ignis sport. Could anyone help?

The simplest thing here in UK (ok not that simple i know) would be a k20 swap out of a EP civic.
I can buy a full car in good condition for peanuts and have everything to hand for a swap except custom mounts etc but you know what i mean.

I know b16 / b18 swaps could be easier but you cant pick up the donor cars cheap anymore and people want strong money just for the engines. I could break and pick up again ep civics all day long for silly cheap which is ideal for a track based car.

I will keep looking but i have tried, possibly jedi google skills failing me, i dont know, but any help at all would be blooming marvelous because so far ive not found a bloddy thing.

Few k20 early swifts though which has given me hope.

Im not a dreamer, or 18 lol, just a 40 year old dude with an itch to scratch. Ive done subarus, audis, peugeot, mg, seat, vw and plenty more but nothing has captured my heart like the little igy.
It may end up wrecked on track but what a way to send it to the breakers :)


Hello and welcome.

I was trawling the Ignis section for a bit (a first for me) and found little information, but im tired at cannot focus right so you might find more than me.
Eye-balling the engine bay size, it might fit a K20. Few pics around here of some in the earlier Swifts.
Best to start your own build thread so you can keep all the info in one place and people can follow along.


Hi and thanks. Yeah if i do ever do it I'll definitely document it.
I'll have a look around for pics of early swifts engine bays with the engine out to see if i can gauge anything from that.
Ideally i could do with looking round an ep civic with a tape measure. I dont know anyone who has one at present so i guess a trip to a breakers yard could be in order.

I do think with the shorter runnered inlet manifold and sone potential bulkhead massaging that it'll fit. Its having enough space to get it lined up with the ep gearbox thats bothering me more.

Well, and the fact no one seems to have done it in a time where the whole world wants a k swap lol. Kinda makes me think if it hasn't been done then maybe it cant be? I dont know. Surely the early swift bay cant be bigger than the ignis? But then again i wouldnt know


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am
Posts: 471
Location: Napier
Just off the eye-o-meter, the Ignis engine bay looks much smaller than the early swifts bay.

Check out Zuboos post (300hp Swift) about a K20 swap into his swift, might give you an idea on size.

_________________
A Kiwi learning to fly in a Mk1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Beverly Hills
Hi guys, my name is Jim I'm from Sydney NSW I was part of the forum's many years ago and have recently acquired another since I have a soft spot for them :lol: :lol: the swift I bought was either built or atleast owned by someone on here since it has a redline gti dash mat. So if anyone has any info on the car please let me know :D cheers guys here she is :D

http://tinypic.com/r/14cv6ys/9

http://tinypic.com/r/344b9na/9


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 2059
Location: Canberra
Slygtii wrote:
Hi guys, my name is Jim I'm from Sydney NSW I was part of the forum's many years ago and have recently acquired another since I have a soft spot for them :lol: :lol: the swift I bought was either built or atleast owned by someone on here since it has a redline gti dash mat. So if anyone has any info on the car please let me know :D cheers guys here she is :D

http://tinypic.com/r/14cv6ys/9

http://tinypic.com/r/344b9na/9


Starts here https://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewto ... it=phantom

ends here https://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewto ... it=phantom

GTI kids car was also a good one

_________________
ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Beverly Hills
FlyingGrape wrote:
Slygtii wrote:
Hi guys, my name is Jim I'm from Sydney NSW I was part of the forum's many years ago and have recently acquired another since I have a soft spot for them :lol: :lol: the swift I bought was either built or atleast owned by someone on here since it has a redline gti dash mat. So if anyone has any info on the car please let me know :D cheers guys here she is :D

http://tinypic.com/r/14cv6ys/9

http://tinypic.com/r/344b9na/9


Starts here https://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewto ... it=phantom

ends here https://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewto ... it=phantom

GTI kids car was also a good one


Thanks mate much appreciated


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Hi..here's my 94 swift
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:15 pm
Posts: 21
Location: NSW
https://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewto ... 15&t=55743


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:31 am
Posts: 1
Location: Jamaica
Hello there, my name is Ricardo and I am from the island of Jamaica in the West Indies, I have a 94 GTi, i actually have two, one for a full race car and this current one am driving is for daily drive and fun on the weekends. There is nothing but GTi in my world, been a fan over 13 years now and got my first GTi in 2009. I actually started a car group called "Suzuki Nation" in Jamaica, we have 90 members island and growing and I am the President, all inspired by the help I have got from Redline GTi and Teamswift.net. You guys helped me build my car from just reading your threads and posts. Hope I will be welcomed as I have been reading for a few years and wanna share my project and get your thoughts on what is the best approach.

Thanks for the help, and I look forward to giving my input as well 8) 8) 8)
Hope you like my latest project. Monster Sport P1, if Monster Sport had made specs for the GTi this is what it should be like :D

Started with a cherry red mint condition GTi, 36,000km on the clock, the cleanest stock car I have ever seen.....paid twice the market price but it was worth it.

Let me know what you guys think.


Attachments:
IMG-20190921-WA0050.jpg
IMG-20190921-WA0050.jpg [ 106.63 KiB | Viewed 4 times ]
IMG-20190921-WA0051 (1).jpg
IMG-20190921-WA0051 (1).jpg [ 123.92 KiB | Viewed 4 times ]

_________________
"The Aim......Fastest GTi in Jamaica."
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:15 pm
Posts: 21
Location: NSW
Biotuned_GTi.....that car looks great!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:40 am
Posts: 955
Location: NZ
Awesome!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group