It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: GTI Engine sales
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:16 pm 

Hello to all!
I am in need of a lot of help. I inherited a 1964 austin healey sprite and wish to change engine to a Swift GTI with a supercharger. Can someone please tell me where to find a rebuilt engine. I found one a few weeks ago in the USA for $1600-$1700 but lost the page.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kindest regards,
Paul

Post subject: Re: GTI Engine sales
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:24 am 

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Redline. Most forums have a "Sale" section which is where you are most likely to either find what you need or get the help you are after.

I would suggest that you create a listing in the "Wanted To Buy" section, especially seeing as there were 2 engines sold in the last month. Not rebuilt as you wanted though.

Otherwise, I would suggest talking to 1600GTI (Craig) as he has some engines and does rebuilds, he might be able to help.

Post subject: Re: GTI Engine sales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:34 pm 

Suggest you talk to DMWDave who is based in Brisbane and both builds and races GTi's. I am sure he can also talk to you about what you might need to build an engine to the power standards you want.

I have one of his more heavily built engines which is currently running around 280hp at the wheels with a turbo running about 20psi of boost pressure.

You will also find others here with a lot of experience for built engines (look at Zuboo's current build) down to a mildly boosted engine (rebuilt engine will comfortably run 7-10psi at standard compression ratio).

Not many have gone the supercharger route. If only a low boost engine I would note the garret GT2554 turbo will spool pretty much just off idle and good for 120kW at the wheels. If you need bigger some of the newer turbos are spooling pretty quickly too with better designs.

Good luck!