It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 5:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Honda k20 turbo AWD justy build
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:50 am 

Just have just picked up a cleanish white 3 door 1998 Justy. Plan is to build an AWD Turbo Honda powered monster. It will look like a mk2 phase 1 swift gti (which I had as my first car back in 1997) I have wanted to build a monster swift for over 20 years. I have loved swifts since going with my dad to pick up his brand new one in 1990 when I was ten years old. Over the years I’ve had plenty of plenty of nice cars and engine swapped cars, but never done a swift. As much as I love the G13B, I used to go through gearboxes for fun on near standard power, also a 400bhp turbo G13B just isn’t going to cut it for what I have in mind....as I’ve been plotting this project over the years, it’s always an Evo drivetrain I’ve imagined in my dream swift.....reasons I’ve decided to go Honda power
1. I just love high revving engines
2. Just for an Evo 5 speed box and RS diff I’m looking at £5000
3. The noise
4. The fact I can have a 500hp stock motor k20 turbo, and if it blows up, I can just get another engine from a scrap yard for £1000 and bang it straight in. Gearboxes are pennies, and diffs etc
5. I currently own a 400hp Evo 9, and a 263hp EG civic k20, and I just prefer working on the Honda stuff.

So initial plan is to get it up and running in AWD, with a standard k20, if it works then take it to the limits of the stock block to around 500hp, and if that’s ok it will be a built k24 turbo with the bhp of the engine being higher than the weight of the car in kg.

All sounds a bit far fetched I know, but the pics will start rolling in soon. I’m pretty happy with how I’m going to do most of the drivetrain. I just need more info on what hubs/driveshaft spline sizes people with high power and justys are using and a few other bits of info. I’ll be back soon

Post subject: Re: Honda k20 turbo AWD justy build
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:11 pm 

ill be keeping a look out on this one...

cheers and good luck