It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: 92 GT Daily Driver
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:43 am 

Do you sell the bracket for the front calipers?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:09 am 

ng357 wrote:
Do you sell the bracket for the front calipers?

No, I'm not selling the bracket. I can send you the dxf files (front, and top dxf files). You can check out my thread on the Wilwood brakes. I have not officially posted the files. You will need to know what size rotor, what hat, and what wheel you would use ahead of time (including offset of wheel).

http://ssgtirep.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171

I will eventually get around to posting the thread over here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:11 pm 

Some picture updates. Everything is slowly coming back together. I got my parts back tonight from being powder coated.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:23 am 

Some more images:

Here is to the slow, slow, slow build. Not perfect, but it should be stable and reliable at 200 hp when it is all done. At least I hope.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:31 pm 

Pretty!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:25 pm 

swift12 wrote:
Pretty!

The engine is way prettier than the car, but that is okay with me.

Some picture updates:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:35 pm 

I have her back up and running as my daily driver.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:04 am 

Loving the yellow....next is some Yaris coil on plugs?....they look awesome but I guess you need an ecu for that other than the standard one.
What are you running as far as a tune will go? I’ve decided I’ll never run an engine on a “chip” without at least some lambda and knock monitoring.
Not after putting the link extreme in and getting it tuned....the original ecu had a Suzuki chip....can’t remember what it was called....but it was lean in areas after the engine build.

It’s a long slow process ay....but fun....keep the pics coming...I’m watching.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:56 am 

swift12 wrote:
Loving the yellow....next is some Yaris coil on plugs?....they look awesome but I guess you need an ecu for that other than the standard one.
What are you running as far as a tune will go? I’ve decided I’ll never run an engine on a “chip” without at least some lambda and knock monitoring.
Not after putting the link extreme in and getting it tuned....the original ecu had a Suzuki chip....can’t remember what it was called....but it was lean in areas after the engine build.

It’s a long slow process ay....but fun....keep the pics coming...I’m watching.

Stock chip for the moment. It is under powered with me dropping the compression ratio to just over 8:1, at least until the turbo install is done. It will first just get a Walbro 250 fuel pump and limit it to under 5 psi. The long term plan is a mega squirt since I really would like to be able to tune things myself, and learn a little more about soldering, electronics and the sort. I also paid for a welding class at the local community college to improve my welding skills and take advantage of their facilities to weld up the exhaust manifold, o2 housing/downpipe, and if I can manage a few other parts. I like the idea expanding the skill set.

side note
To get political: I want to apologize for all the actions that are so called president has done or not done. I would like to think that there is still a larger majority of Americans that haven't lost their mind.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:53 pm 

haha...dont have to apologise to us....Im sure your president is going to look after you extremely well....... 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

yes I guess 8:1 without the turbo would suck....but that will change with the turbo!
mega squirt? I heard there have been some burnt engines on these ecu's. some tuners here won't touch them. I was going to get one but got turned away from it by the fact no one wanted to tune it. Not trying to rain on your parade only regurgitating what was passed onto me by a tuner here. I guess the upshot is to use something your tuner is comfortable with.

I have heard good things about motec, Haltech, and i use a new zealand based link extreme which i'm very happy with.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:12 am 

This is the intercooler I went with. I already modified the metal front bumper support to allow it to fit. Not the best intercooler, but not horrible. It fits the rest of the setup and should minimize the length of the pipe runs. It fits the stock bumper opening and allows a decent amount of air flow to the radiator.

I figured out all the line runs for oil in, and oil return, and waterlines. I'm decently happy with my selections for all the runs. I won't know for sure until everything is installed. This probably won't happen until summer break.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 am 

Some Updates:

Exhaust manifold is slowly coming together.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 am 

All put together and waiting to be test fitted, and then professionally tig welded.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:10 pm 

Some progress:

Everything is spot welded on the ram horn manifold and the o2 housing with downpipe. I still need to piece together the intercooler piping from above and will wait on waterlines, and oil lines until I have everything for oil cooler and oil relocation thermostat mount.

I think I'm going to go with these for the oil filter relocation parts:

I'm not 100% certain where the oil cooler is going or the air filter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:37 pm 

Some intercooler and piping progress. I'm waiting to get the ram horn turbo manifold and o2/downpipe back from welders.

I'm going to cut up another bumper support that hadn't been already damaged. I had to hit this one with full sledge hammer to get the curve back into shape to fit the bumper. 2nd times the charm. I'm also going to fit the stock metal plate around the ram horn manifold cutting out a few spots to make it fit. This should shield the intercooler from the heat of the turbo.

The metal piece was already tweaked before I got to it. I'll put a moisture/ dust bag on it and it should get some pretty cool air in that spot.