It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55
 Post subject: Re: Our little cultus racer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:51 am 

No damage done from my experience.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:04 pm 

I bought a set of these that are still good after 100 000+k’s. The site has always delivered fairly quickly if they have the stock. From the blurb i read they are made in WA or where then, maybe still are?https://www.4wdpartshop.com.au/suzuki/suzuki-cars/swift/swift-gti-g13b-1991-1998/engine1097571042/LIFTER-HYDRAULIC-2269-detail.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 am 

Sounds like your engine builder wasn't happy with your cams anyway. I'd say leave it as is until it's time for the head to come off and then replace the cams and followers. There's plenty of options for solid followers either using Toyota solids or Arrow Precision shim under.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:21 am 

Each lifter is independently fed from the oil gallery so any bit of swarf left will reduce supply to it. Don't always blame the lifters. Taking them out and leaving in an oil bath upside down with the tappet face down may help but I suspect you did that at the rebuild.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:52 pm 

they were cleaned at the second rebuild...maybe the 10w40 oil?....we get 75 to 80 psi oil pressure when cold....but maybe as the conditions get colder we may need to go to 5 w 40?

Chris said the results I got were pretty amazing for dry and cold....they would be better hot with oil everywhere...so he is pretty happy we have not hurt the engine.... [-X

I bought an aeroflow 2 litre surge tank on trade me today...$50....stole it off the guy.....now after a decent pump and then a good post surge tank pump filter.

I believe some of my protection issues relate to fuel surge. where the differential pressure changes it goes into protection and reduces the power....also we are investigating wether the MAP sensor is getting its reading from on the manifold and the fuel pressure regulator receives its signal from (the end of the manifold) may be causing some differential readings... You can't set protection based on overall fuel pressure as that goes up and down with the vacuum reference on the Fuel pressure regulator. so Chris explained to me that it needed to be differential pressure based on the MAP and FPR vacuum. that of course went straight over my head.....so i might take the fuel pressure reference line off the same fitting at the MAP sensor.
anyway...the surge tank and second pump will ensure we have no surging issues so this is the first thing to do. Ill put it in the boot and I have to cover it...and vent outside....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:36 pm 

got the aeroflow surge tank today...what a piece of art it is. after my next london trip ill have the filter and pump plus the fittings.

also Blake and I have put our ideas together for a lockout on first gear and probably also reverse. (yep i know the reverse has a lockout in the box already but believe me it does not stop you making a mistake...ask me how i know! 8-[

so its not as easy as first thought....but its developing....I have a prototype locking out first now however im not happy with it so more development needed. If i can get it working well then there will be no more accidental firsts at any stage...accidental 5th to second still possible but a lot harder to do....2nd to 1st is so bloody easy to do when looking for third when loaded up around a hard left hander.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55