It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Swift GTi Tarmac Rally Car
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:33 am 

ok I have Russell fittings and they are definitely VITON seals....perhaps sitting dry is no good for them?
I would have thought AVGAS is not hard on seals as its just extra octane/lead. I guess Ill find out soon.
The fittings are meant for fuel pumps, fuel firewall fixings etc etc as well as dry sumps and the like.

Thanks for the shots of the exhaust Sam. Its quite hard to get the pipes just right....and then match the lengths .....slow and steady I guess. I think I might have to try and go the suzukird type they don't make anymore....only thing is the firing order will mean the collector will get pulses one after the other in an anticlockwise direction. because I have the factory made merge collector with a pyramid centre to stop pulse back flow the clockwise pulses might swirl the air going out of the collector....its just easier to make it that way. I want to avoid that wrap unless you can point me to a wrap that doesn't leave fine bits of glass fibres floating all around the engine bay! ceramic coated may be best....the no. 3 pipe will come within 2 inches of the oil cooler.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7