It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:11 pm
Posts: 1021
Location: cabramatta
how many cars do you have mate :shock:

_________________
ive fallen victim to daily driver tern project car
the swift bug has not left me and i will return to a swft gti


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
mattman wrote:
how many cars do you have mate :shock:

3 atm my awd my baleno and my other sedan wreck

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:23 pm
Posts: 1999
Location: taree
So what are you going to do with this one?

_________________
BWTCHD performance
swiftless


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
azza91 wrote:
So what are you going to do with this one?

its going to be my project car for when i get off my ps so it will be turbo and verry detailed

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
took some photos on the host verry good all round just have a bit of a gear box leek from a axle seal.
it took us a wile but we all worked out the 4x4 to fwd pin i didnt know that? (thanks crizby)
i have a lot of painting to do and a few little problems but all fixable.


Attachments:
06092010438.jpg
06092010438.jpg [ 967.19 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]
06092010437.jpg
06092010437.jpg [ 827.1 KiB | Viewed 61 times ]
06092010436.jpg
06092010436.jpg [ 830.01 KiB | Viewed 81 times ]

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
started work today removed most of inside and ac and removing sound deadner also found a bent cross member ile have to replace


Attachments:
11092010447.jpg
11092010447.jpg [ 836.92 KiB | Viewed 61 times ]
11092010446.jpg
11092010446.jpg [ 794.69 KiB | Viewed 56 times ]
11092010445.jpg
11092010445.jpg [ 776.75 KiB | Viewed 72 times ]
11092010444.jpg
11092010444.jpg [ 762.25 KiB | Viewed 57 times ]

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
all sound deadner removed didnt worrie about small bits carpet will cover the floor.
so far ive removed 48kgs of un needed parts 21kg of sound deadner and rest was the ac kit.
next fit the mk3 dash


Attachments:
08102010517.jpg
08102010517.jpg [ 827.37 KiB | Viewed 62 times ]
08102010516.jpg
08102010516.jpg [ 784.09 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 6838
Location: Brisbane
What direction is this going to take ?

_________________
Issue 42 http://www.ssgti.net/fastb.htm

YOU want to PLAY, YOU got to PAY .. Performance doesn't come cheap


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
papa wrote:
What direction is this going to take ?

watch and wait :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
i striped the rear ready to paint and found a few disturbing things.
the rear diff spline has floged out im just going to bypass the viscus coupling i was going to weld it up any way. now i have to get a machine shop to fix it.


Attachments:
09102010521.jpg
09102010521.jpg [ 712.39 KiB | Viewed 59 times ]
File comment: female side of spline also floged out due to dirt some how geting in?
09102010520.jpg
09102010520.jpg [ 876.58 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]
File comment: floged out viscus spline
09102010519.jpg
09102010519.jpg [ 1 MiB | Viewed 58 times ]
09102010518.jpg
09102010518.jpg [ 912.91 KiB | Viewed 61 times ]

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
got my whiteline strut braces back also got some bolts of bewitch(thanks) so far ive got about 5% of the bolts i need also have parts ready to be painted after being sand blasted.


Attachments:
09112010554.jpg
09112010554.jpg [ 899.62 KiB | Viewed 60 times ]
09112010553.jpg
09112010553.jpg [ 621.25 KiB | Viewed 58 times ]
22072010367.jpg
22072010367.jpg [ 109.34 KiB | Viewed 58 times ]

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:16 pm
Posts: 3229
Location: Perth WA
Just a thought, but have you considered looking into adapting a centre diff coupling (or even a new rear centre diff) from another make of car? for example, bmw 321i (I think..dont quote me) for the rear diff centre and perhaps subaru or mitsubishi for the centre coupling? Its got a variable clutch in that area for a reason... perhaps an evo or impreza unit might be made to fit.
Another option: contact garndi or stevegti2 to get replacement parts, awd sedans were marketted in UK and most of them are scrapped due to rusted out bodyshells... garndi at one stage was all set to import g16 awd gearboxes in bulk... wouldnt hurt to ask their assistance?
Making good progress mate, im not suprised the diffs are flogged out though, thats what a lot of us watching had discussed as a likelihood :|
I hope youre doing the interior install properly...if you dont use the appropriate brackets youll get a sweaky interior...my observation from past experience
You going for a g13b head or a g16? I have a spare g16b head (efi model) but no intake to suit.. theres a few turbo kits for g16 going cheap, might be worth considering
B :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
Bewitched Gti wrote:
Just a thought, but have you considered looking into adapting a centre diff coupling (or even a new rear centre diff) from another make of car? for example, bmw 321i (I think..dont quote me) for the rear diff centre and perhaps subaru or mitsubishi for the centre coupling? Its got a variable clutch in that area for a reason... perhaps an evo or impreza unit might be made to fit.
Another option: contact garndi or stevegti2 to get replacement parts, awd sedans were marketted in UK and most of them are scrapped due to rusted out bodyshells... garndi at one stage was all set to import g16 awd gearboxes in bulk... wouldnt hurt to ask their assistance?
Making good progress mate, im not suprised the diffs are flogged out though, thats what a lot of us watching had discussed as a likelihood :|
I hope youre doing the interior install properly...if you dont use the appropriate brackets youll get a sweaky interior...my observation from past experience
You going for a g13b head or a g16? I have a spare g16b head (efi model) but no intake to suit.. theres a few turbo kits for g16 going cheap, might be worth considering
B :wink:

NOW YOU TALKING!!!
no im going to modify the rear diff i have a plan to make it locked. 8)
yeh i may contact them at a later date for some info if i need any at the moment im going quite wel i will reveal some of the plans for the car im going to try and loose 100kgs from factory so make the car around the 800kgs mark.
and as for the the engine pfff who wants a 1.6 ???? i going all out and using a m18 custom plenum,port job,fit billet pistons, and find a stronger rod or get one made up?.
the goal is to make this 400hp at all 4 wheels(there is no hurry to compleat this car and will take as long as it takes with no short cuts and i pesonally dont care if i am doubted aboout building a 400hp swift i will at least give it a shot)
dan

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:16 pm
Posts: 3229
Location: Perth WA
motoboy wrote:
...and as for the the engine pfff who wants a 1.6 ????

Aww, theyre not that bad given the right parts.... :lol:
Each to their own I guess


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:36 pm
Posts: 2350
Location: Red-Light near you
motoboy wrote:
(there is no hurry to compleat this car and will take as long as it takes with no short cuts and i pesonally dont care if i am doubted aboout building a 400hp swift i will at least give it a shot)
dan


You said that about the last 3 cars, thats why everyone will doubt it'll eventuate :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
Powered_by_Suzuki wrote:
motoboy wrote:
(there is no hurry to compleat this car and will take as long as it takes with no short cuts and i pesonally dont care if i am doubted aboout building a 400hp swift i will at least give it a shot)
dan


You said that about the last 3 cars, thats why everyone will doubt it'll eventuate :lol: :lol: :lol:

this one is the real deal 100%

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:38 pm
Posts: 1053
Location: Noosa
Talk is cheap. Seeing is believing... and papers from a dyno that doesnt read properly doesnt count....

_________________
Work, Rest and GTi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
drumer_z wrote:
Talk is cheap. Seeing is believing... and papers from a dyno that doesnt read properly doesnt count....

once the car is built it will go on a calibrated dyno not the s**t one we have down here plus i need a 4wd dyno so it will prob go to the one in the gong.
all in good time watch and see

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 1265
Location: London UK
Just in case you did not know... you don't "need" an AWD dyno and you can pull the pin located around the transfer case to make it FWD.

The 1600AWD is really hard to find in the UK, there pretty much all rusted away and have gone to the scrap yard!.

If you need bits send me a PM.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O88D1wKrQJw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjc0bW_5HZQ
http://www.starkeymotorsport.co.uk/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4wd sedan project
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: nowra
Garndi wrote:
Just in case you did not know... you don't "need" an AWD dyno and you can pull the pin located around the transfer case to make it FWD.

The 1600AWD is really hard to find in the UK, there pretty much all rusted away and have gone to the scrap yard!.

If you need bits send me a PM.

thanks garndi i already knew how to make it fwd .
but yes i will need some parts off u later on
thanks dan

_________________
15 swifts later i bought a baleno
Built Not Bought Motorsport


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group