BWTCHD signature GTi, [Honda crank G16 Turbo]

Post the details of your Suzuki build progress
Bewitched Gti

Trimmed. Just gotta put the mounting holes in the dash and fit em.. :( running out of time, travelling to Tamworth tommorrow
Attachments
4 hours. To trim each pod
4 hours. To trim each pod
papa

Why not in the Kick Panels.
Issue 42 http://www.ssgti.net/fastb.htm

YOU want to PLAY, YOU got to PAY .. Performance doesn't come cheap
Bewitched Gti

Too low for decent staging, my long legs get in the way of my 6" in the lower front door pods
so anything in the kickpanels would be worse, and if I hang them out far enough to be heard, theyll interfere with my legroom (they call them kickpanels for a reason)
ive already trialled them in the top location, imilar to the mk2 setup, and high mounting the tweeters well foward takes the directional sound out of them...
works for me, sounds great :)
Bewitched Gti

Thanks to FlyingGrape for sourcing me a low km Swiftsport LSD :mrgreen:
Will go nicely in my Grail engine 1.6 Gearbox (replacing the PG type in there at the moment)
Attachments
TDX100.JPG
azza91

Nice
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
Devil-GTi

hi, i see an tech drawing of the LSD, i've been searching for that for ages!
Could you possible scan that document and post/pm that file?
GTi Turbo running 10PSI :D loads of fun :D
Bewitched Gti

Devil-GTi: I will PM to you when I get it uploaded :)

Got my frontbar out of storage and brought it up the coast to finish. I actually made this up years back before Id ever heard of redline (learnt a lot about fibreglass from it too) Needs a lot of work, but the basics are there :)
Attachments
Needs more work on the slipstream dimples
Needs more work on the slipstream dimples
Frontbar.jpg (54.08 KiB) Viewed 8661 times
azza91

Damn fone I can only see it small :-(
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
timmy_89

interesting front bar, think it needs to be seen in person...or with better pics :P
Current: '00 Nissan Silvia S15 Autech - 148kw standard
Previous: '94 Suzuki Swift GTi - 144.3dB :P
peeterssteven

what about the head lights ??? can you up load some more pics of them or post a link maby fit the to see the finished look ( the clear ones )
d

Bewitched Gti wrote:Thanks to FlyingGrape for sourcing me a low km Swiftsport LSD :mrgreen:
Will go nicely in my Grail engine 1.6 Gearbox (replacing the PG type in there at the moment)
Ive been away for a while and happy to come back here and see B going full hog all the way!

Its nice to see people give all their info about the Honda crank conversion and LSD choices.
The price for the crank seems very good to include knife edging. Is it possible they could
lighten the crankpins further by drilling 7-8 mm into the sides of them to make them look
like the original hollow crank ones or will it hit oil passages?
dude what the f**k are you doing :roll: :lol: GET A LSD OUT OF THE NEW SWIFT SPORT IT FITS IN I GOT MINE FROM SUZUKI SPORT IN JAPAN i have already put this up before in this post pm me and you can call me if you want
whats the SS LSD worth as they are now discontinued?

Can you get them from any factory swift sport or where they only an option?
FlyingGrape

I could probably get you one here (Singapore) for around AUD500 + postage but would probably be high milage and need a rebuild. You can still get the clutch plate kits no problem.
ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph
papa

Mate you and I need to talk about the direct of that kit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Issue 42 http://www.ssgti.net/fastb.htm

YOU want to PLAY, YOU got to PAY .. Performance doesn't come cheap
bzchi

Let's talk more about the motor, any updates?
Bewitched Gti

At work on turbo manifold, thanks to Git_sum for the manifold flange :wink:
mild steel bends and 48mm external wastegate...lots of piecuts to be made to suit the angle changes (equal length runners) tacking it together at home and getting it welded correctly at an engineering shop locally when they have time later next month.
Considering a titanium manifold later, but this one will be made up first to get the system trialled
Short on funds after christmas, wont be making any more parts purchases toward it for at least a few weeks.
Bewitched Gti

Some pics to show just how much work goes into making a custom bodykit.
Frontbar was twisted (since the day I got it) had to do a bit of cut and shut to make it fit correctly, still a long way to go... :(
Demo pic of the widebody rear guards (also needing a lot of attention to make fit) but you can see the overall bulge shape and how much wider the arches will have to be. 17x8.5 with spacers will be needed to fill these for show
:lol: Its not as much fun as it looks custom things...so I might as well take pride in the effort it takes
Attachments
Wide rear.jpg
Wide rear.jpg (64.51 KiB) Viewed 8279 times
Left.jpg
Left.jpg (82.64 KiB) Viewed 8277 times
Right.jpg
Right.jpg (62.86 KiB) Viewed 8278 times
Front.jpg
Front.jpg (76.09 KiB) Viewed 8276 times
Frankgos

I tip my hat too you Sir. Very overwhelming work, lots of brain busting man and dirty words! :lol:

So that pic of that sexy guy demoing the guard.... will it cover the wheel like that or will it be shaped around the arch.

Nice T-shirt. :wink: (I'll wear yours if you wear mine) :lol:
timmy_89

shall be interesting no doubt
Maximum

God I wish I had a GTi guy up here who knows his stuff and has as much interest in them like you! The scene is dead for GTis up here! We will have to see the turnout at my cruise and see who's still around.

Good work mate, really liking the ingenuity of the new kit, can't wait to see the results!
Moved on from the GTi (RIP December 2011)

Now own: 2012 Hyundai Veloster Turbo in Marmalade Chameleon
Bewitched Gti

Frankgos wrote:Nice T-shirt. :wink: (I'll wear yours if you wear mine):lol:
Sounds like a fair trade :lol: ill even wash mine first (kidding, pm what colour you want etc)
The kit will have cutouts over the wheels and even the factory flare blended in. It wont be exactly swift angular, but it will suit the car overall (its my signature car)
Cheers for the support guys, even i get bored doing this stuff (and use foul language when things take longer than they should)
Anyone know where I might get a decent ecu for under a grand? I need 3 of them :lol:
bzchi

I don't follow what the point of the scallops out of the front bar is? it's like driving along with 2 foxtel dishes strapped to the front.

Are they being turned into inlets of some sort? :?
mattman

bzchi wrote:I don't follow what the point of the scallops out of the front bar is? it's like driving along with 2 foxtel dishes strapped to the front.

Are they being turned into inlets of some sort? :?

what he said
ive fallen victim to daily driver tern project car
the swift bug has not left me and i will return to a swft gti
Bewitched Gti

They arent finished, im going to sculpt the edges so they blend better, to give an aerodynamic narrower frontal area (think of the vs commodore bathurst frontbar) im not going to leave them round with sharp edges :wink:
Attachments
Example
Example
brock-mezera-344x206.jpg (21.92 KiB) Viewed 9513 times
mattman

well i like that idea carnt wait till its done
ive fallen victim to daily driver tern project car
the swift bug has not left me and i will return to a swft gti
GTI~2NV

Im really liking how unique this bodykit is going to be! Good to see something different!

Mike
Weekend Run-Around - 1998 Suzuki Swift GTi
Weekend Cruiser - 1994 BMW E36 M3
Project Car - 1993 BMW E36 - RB25DET Conversion
d

B what have the honda rods cost you?

also will the oiling be alright with the early d6z1 crank? youve
pointed out from someone elses info that the z6 is the one to use.

Flying Grape,
Can you get a baleno or 1.6 swift 5 speed lsd?
Im looking at running a g16b like Bwitchd's
Bewitched Gti

The rods arent honda, theyre custom :lol: (wouldve had grail engraved on them but bzchi hadnt thought of the title then lmao)
$1250us was the cost, plus $250us shipping, and then :roll: $118 import tax
Youd probably do better getting a set through n0madic...
Oilling... the oilways match the G13b crank, the problem is the size of the mainseal, im having a new housing made for the Toga high volume oilpump gears...dry sump would be the way to go, as at high rpm there are issues with the Gti head itself (billzilla can explain more on this)
Honda crank+G16+G13b head = Grail
Honda conversions have nicknames ie:mini-me, I thought it seemed appropriate to have some of our own.
On the rods - longer B18 rods can be bought custom from Crower, to suit the d16 crank...they might be a cheaper alternative to full custom
I can get you a G16 sedan gearbox for under $300 secondhand and James is the man when it comes to finding an LSD
d

Thanks for the tips!
Ive found cheaper conrods for the D16 but not cheaper than that link you sent me! wow!!!

Ill await your results and might have to consider lighter i-beam conrods and sleeved block
Im not sure Id want to go dry sump too expensive and takes up a bit of room in the bay.
Perhaps one of these... Accusump:
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/prod ... /Accusumps

make up a name for my contraption...ok
d16 crank, g16 block, g16 16v sohc head = G-spot Sweet 16.
jaysonbarn

Are you done with the car you were making. If yes post the pic. I want to see it. What color are you going for??
Bewitched Gti

:lol: not done, still driving it daily
It will be sunset metallic (a rare wrx colour of gold with a hint of orange pearl)
Will be a while before its complete, im a family man and i do most of the work on it myself :oops:
azza91

Dont worry about that guy B, he is just a spammer
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
d

wrx Gold with a hint of orange Pearl? how about ford blaze blue
or the latest metallic ford electric blue? I have to say Ive never
seen a these blues on a swift but plenty of metallic gold and copper ones.
timmy_89

i would have to say quite the opposite. ive seen plenty of electric blue swifts, but very few (if any) wrx gold
Bewitched Gti

Have to agree with Timmy, ive worked on 4 blue GTis personally (2 of them custom coloured)
i know of a few gold ones, and it does make them look smoother and more curved.
Locally ive only ever seen 1 gold gti, and it resembled the tiger orange mica more than anything else. I love the gun metal grey ones (like SLYGTI for example) but i want this car to be bright, and it will offset the gold titanium accents nicely
btw, the wrx limited edition gold was only used on a few hundred examples, all of them Aussie market... im pretty well sure no-one else has a gti in that exact shade
d

Sounds good as I dont think Ive seen this colour.
However the ford version of elec blue is a rarer colour
and I got it totally wrong as its actually called Nitro.
ghostG13B

Steve... i personally have seen this color on a laser TX3... it is s**t HOT =P~ =P~ =P~
looks absolutely awesome in sunlight.

HOK have a similar color called tangelo something... cant remember the last bit :lol:
"I don't try to explain to people why I drive a GTI. For those who understand no explanation is needed! For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible..." ghostG13B

Bewitched Performance Crew
d

Here is another option with the Bling golden bits you mentioned....
Merlot metallic, gunmetal bottomed, gold and yellow highlights and stripes.
Attachments
z34typef2.jpg
z34typef2.jpg (119.31 KiB) Viewed 8964 times
d

heres another Honda crank project!
http://teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=49254
Bewitched Gti

Interesting :)
Theyve tackled a lot of the ideas ive been working on, the long runner exhaust manifold (ive seen a lot of drag hondas use long runners) Im making something similar, and i claim inspiration from REVNIT for the design (as seen in puss-on-boosts mk1) They mounted the turbo over the gearbox... ive seen that done before and it certainly does solve the problem of routing the exhaust (but im not, gets in the way of gearbox removal)
Their cradle rod\piston combination...awesome
I didnt use motorcycle pistons in mine as i was uncertain about movement in the bore under boost (now ill get to see how it works out anyhow).
Intercooler piping :lol: so it CAN be done without cutting the headlight shroud (ive looked closely at n0madics last build... i always prefer right hand entry manifolds for the factory setup (and not covering the gearbox)
Last but not least the valve cover =D> guess i better get mine sorted and fitted
Cheers d, its always cool to see similar builds and take hints on solutions to problems in my own project

:lol: Jess wont go into specifics about making the honda crank work with the engine...classic
waylow
Location: Sydney, in the Shire, on the good side of the bridge

Steve check out the pics I posted off shocku that I put up in the what did you do to your car thread in general, they are on page 39. I think we will have to mount the turbo where you are thinking, in front of the box, and go for a custom radiator like Andrew did. What turbo are you thinking of running?
Swift gone.
d

Bewitched Gti wrote: :lol: Jess wont go into specifics about making the honda crank work with the engine...classic
Its a bit ridiculous considering very few people are left interested in getting the most of a g series.
I hope one day this info is free to all suzi enthusiasts who pursue to strengthen a g16 before they
are all extinct.
Bewitched Gti

Well, when mines done, hopefully itll show the good points.
Ive always sought to add to the knowledge base, not everyone should have to learn things the hard way that i did.
The APV still has a g16... so theres hope yet (as long as the honda D series doesnt become hard to find :lol: )
d

Bewitched Gti wrote:Well, when mines done, hopefully itll show the good points.
Ive always sought to add to the knowledge base, not everyone should have to learn things the hard way that i did.
The APV still has a g16... so theres hope yet (as long as the honda D series doesnt become hard to find :lol: )
It could also be that the Indonesian g16ab or whatever the coding is could evolve further
in Indonesia and eventually sport better conrods, crank and even improved head?
You just never know with developing economies just look at Korea and what they did
with the licensed Mitsubishi engines. They even make a v8 when Mitsu no longer do.

I love the G16 its one of the lightest 1.6 automobile engines ever made
d

d wrote:
Bewitched Gti wrote:Well, when mines done, hopefully itll show the good points.
It could also be that the Indonesian g16ab or whatever the coding is could evolve further
in Indonesia and eventually sport better conrods, crank and even improved head?
You just never know with developing economies just look at Korea and what they did
with the licensed Mitsubishi engines. They even make a v8 when Mitsu no longer do.

I love the G16 its one of the lightest 1.6 automobile engines ever made
I think Im being a bit hopeful about further improvements after all the k12a and
M series look to be in the pipeline once the G is gone. However I still think the
G is a torquier and lighter little pump.... capacity vs capacity and a preferred choice
for light aircraft pilots and other suicidal maniacs!.

I asked what crank it was he used on the Teamswiftt build and he said its from a
1988 Acura and thats all he knows :(
d

Looked up the American Acura info

D16A1
Found in:
* 1986-89 Acura Integra (USA)
D16A3
1986-89 Acura Integra (Australia)

So the A1 seems to be fine if Jardamuth is using one.
mnemonix

Any progress mate?
Things have gone quiet on the updates front.
LWB Sierra: 1.6 Twin-cam, Twin-charged, Twin-scroll, Twin-locked.
Pauter rods, ported head, 200/335i 210/340e cams, sr20tb, ID1000's, Adaptronic e420, Garrett GTX3076r, Ogura SC14, 2x Tial MV-s, Turbosmart Dualport.
Bewitched Gti

The car was assembled in a hurry, out of secondhand parts (had to register it at the time)
And ive had a lot of wear and tear driving to work... ive been spending money renewing the car (unfortunately AFTER damage has occurred :( ) honestly havent had money for luxuries like working on my "Toy" motor.
Just when alls going well...life steps in

Im still going to proceed, but its a matter of finances at the moment

On a plus note though, I have recently aquired a lot of local contacts (reputable workshops) for paint, carbonfibre moulding, aluminium fabrication and engine assembily

So im afraid ive made no posts on the grail as theres nothing to report at the moment
d

any updates?

the indonesian APV has engine g16aid

"id" at the end of g16a for indonesian
APV would stand for Suzuki Australia's Piece of Vulgarity
Bewitched Gti

:| All my zook stuff (both cars and my engines) is still in storage in NSW,awaiting transport to Perth...
I know how flyingGrape feels (not having my toys with me due to work)
FlyingGrape

Indeed! :cry:
ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph