BWTCHD signature GTi, [Honda crank G16 Turbo]

Post the details of your Suzuki build progress
LUN81C

yes this right but the 1.6 diff IS THE SAME AS FWD SWIFT SPORT i have done this you dont need an awd box 1.6 gear box with a suzuki sport lsd is very good it bolts straight in
dmwdave wrote:You really do need to research this more!!.The 1600 2wd diff is completely different design to the 4wd diffs,the crown wheel bolt pcd is different ,the spaceing of the diff spider gears from the caseing is totally different,hence different shaft lengths.
Pretty sure if you wanted a torsen diff that Quaife actually make one for the 16002wd box.
LUN81C

The Suzuki Sport Traction Drive 100 (TDX 100) has been designed as a full LSD replacement of the standard non-LSD differential. Featuring 1.5 way locking the diff improves corner exit dramatically by locking the front wheels offering 2-3 second faster lap times.

Features
- 1.5 Way LSD
- LSD locks upon acceleration for improved drive out of corners
- LSD is not locked during braking/corner entry, so fast turn in is not restricted
- High quality LSD designed specifically for the Suzuki Swift Sport
Attachments
slideshow-link.gif
slideshow-link.gif (234 Bytes) Viewed 7313 times
sport diff.gif
sport diff.gif (234 Bytes) Viewed 7323 times
LUN81C

ok so the phots didnt work go to this link www.nengun.com/suzuki-sport/traction-drive-100
Bewitched Gti

Been too flatout to pick up my parts, but I got them today.
First up we have the new mainseal, hand milled from a piece of billet alloy, will present extremely well once i fine polish it (and anodise for durability)
My fuel rails are complete, they just need the AN fittings and theyre right to be used.
Good strong brackets, probably over engineered but hey, its all handmade.
Extremely big thanks to Stockman`s Karts, they put the time into fulfilling my every request, and at the Hot Rod shop next door, i negotiated a set of 33 ford running fenders, these will be cut down to give me my rear widebody guards, its incredible how huge they look in stock form next to the gti :lol:
youll also notice my shed is cluttered to the hilt, ill have to pack all this up as im relocating to the Central coast region, and ill have to tame down my modifications until i rent another place with a decent workshop.
My Titanium gudgeon pins arrived last week, unfortunately theyre outside the tolerances I specified, and will have to be remade :roll:
They were to have been the secret weapon in my assembily, but now ill have to await them before i can proceed with the internals in my shortblock.
Bought some new wheels, and got a fresh set of mean Tint applied to the windows.
Attachments
Picture of front, and of back-- will require modifications to the sump
Picture of front, and of back-- will require modifications to the sump
Extruded tube, mounts carved from billet
Extruded tube, mounts carved from billet
Widebody.jpg
Fresh out of the mould, ready for modification
Fresh out of the mould, ready for modification
timmy_89

well the kit shall be interesting to say the least lol
Current: '00 Nissan Silvia S15 Autech - 148kw standard
Previous: '94 Suzuki Swift GTi - 144.3dB :P
Bewitched Gti

Moved house, settling in at new place, wont be any progress on the Grail engine for a while.
But im still making upgrades on the car itself, hopefully ill see some redliners in person out on a cruise @ Central coast\newie area :)
Hertz

Gezz steve do yourself a favour and go to bunnings and buy some cheap shelveing for all that crap! :lol:
Bewitched Gti

:lol: That was my double garage... I now have to settle for a 2mx3m garden shed until we move into a bigger place... ah well, i got to build 2 GTis and a 5 door amongst that mess

:P Got my hoses yet brett?
Hertz

How about a photo of that then!

Read the commercial section much? Hoses are a hair's breath away from my grasp.
Bewitched Gti

Detailling parts arrived from the engravers, Just have to mill the valvecover and weld in the inset plate. Will look incredible once the camcover is plated gold :)
Engine development hasnt progressed, ive got my hands full with Bewitched Performance work at the moment
Attachments
customised valve cover
customised valve cover
diamond CNC from billet plate
diamond CNC from billet plate
Maximum

Looks amazing Steve! Gold plated? Is this an no expense spared project?! :lol:

If you need the whole car resprayed in the future and don't mind getting it up to me, give me a PM sometime and i'll do you a very good mate's rate :D
Moved on from the GTi (RIP December 2011)

Now own: 2012 Hyundai Veloster Turbo in Marmalade Chameleon
Bewitched Gti

:lol: I have a spare GTi so I might strongly consider dropping my car to you (as a rolling shell) for an inside and out respray... :lol: how much of the prep needs to be done first? does it have to be a blocked back primer coat or is rubbed back base good enough?
Maximum

Bewitched Gti wrote::lol: I have a spare GTi so I might strongly consider dropping my car to you (as a rolling shell) for an inside and out respray... :lol: how much of the prep needs to be done first? does it have to be a blocked back primer coat or is rubbed back base good enough?
Up to you mate, the more you do yourself, the faster you can get it back and the less I can charge as it'll take less time. I can easily work with anything, if you don't have the spare time, drop it as is and I can do all the prep work! :)

dillonp

Keep up the momentum Bewitched, you sure are going all out, nice one.
2008 Swift 1.5 red manual with some bits.
Bewitched Gti

Picture of bonnet pins fitted, as requested :)
Attachments
Pins fitted.JPG
ワイドガード 体 GTi
Maximum

Looking good! 8)

Love the aggressive look and you're certainly not kidding about multicoloured :lol: :lol:

timmy_89

Multi-coloured is how Steve loves it :P
Bewitched Gti

:lol: I love straight panels, and I dont see the point in guide coating the whole car as its already rubbed back for painting (im a mechanic not a spraypainter) yea...timmy`s got a point there, theres only been 3 gti`s (out of 7) that had all matching paint
spitfire

Impressive work BWTCHD ! So finally you got to grinding the crank main journals down to suit the G16 bearings ?

Or did you line bore the block for the larger diameter ?

Did you balance crankshaft after the modification ?

What rev limit do you intend running ?
timmy_89

its going to rev to 14k. epic. haha thatd be wicked... if it worked :P
Bewitched Gti

The crank was prepped months ago, ive been busy with other things and the toy engine has come second priority, It just needs bearings, main\head studs and a gasket to assemble it.
n0madic was kind enough to quote me a decent price on these bits but ive not had $ to throw at it.
Block had extra thrustwasher seats cut into it, and the crank was turned down to suit the suzuki bearings, it hasnt been balanced yet as ive linished the forge marks off and i intend to balance it as a full rotating assembily (with pistons rods fitted etc)
Rev limit, well its got decent crank, rods and pistons, special gudgeon pins... should be good for 8,600rpm. Im sure I could take it higher (due to the reliability of the parts used) but I havent got a fully developed head to make the best of that yet.
I should have had the engine finished by now, but if id paid for it to be done, i woulsdnt have had money for a lot of other things ive done in the meantime (like the batches of titanium bolts)
ghostG13B

Bewitched Gti wrote:I should have had the engine finished by now, but if id paid for it to be done, i woulsdnt have had money for a lot of other things ive done in the meantime (like the batches of titanium bolts)
:lol: :lol: :lol: you and your bolts are holding us both up on our engines 8)
"I don't try to explain to people why I drive a GTI. For those who understand no explanation is needed! For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible..." ghostG13B

Bewitched Performance Crew
Bewitched Gti

I accept no responsibility whatsoever for your alleged addiction to unobtainium accessories
Its nice to not be alone in the obsession though :lol: means im not crazy
Maximum

Oh but you are Steve ;) You and your mountains of shiny :lol: :lol:

azza91

Bewitched Gti wrote:I accept no responsibility whatsoever for your alleged addiction to unobtainium accessories
Its nice to not be alone in the obsession though :lol: means im not crazy
I blame you steve for your awsome,shiny bolts that I love and want more of lol
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
Frankgos

I just try and stay out of this thread - it's just trouble..... just f***ing sexy trouble.
azza91

Frankgos wrote:I just try and stay out of this thread - it's just trouble..... just f***ing sexy trouble.
I think the staying out of the thread is failing lol
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
Bewitched Gti

Nice, like a syndicate :lol:
Bewitched Gti

Heres a picture of the Ally Countersunk washers fitted with Titanium bolts. Used in ths way each washer\bolt weighs about the same as the factory steel item, and has a better appearance and more securely fastened.
Attachments
Gold washers.JPG
Gold washers.JPG (46.61 KiB) Viewed 6683 times
Bewitched Gti

These arrived today from America. I havent decided which type to use on my signature car, and which set for my racer. Opinons?

Bewitched
Attachments
The will look pretty premium once fitted under my badboy bonnet
The will look pretty premium once fitted under my badboy bonnet
timmy_89

top ones for race imo
Bewitched Gti

Front bar and bonnet got destroyed at work tonight, on the plus side, I can proudly say the Aero catch bonnet pins proved their worth. Despite advice to the contrary I found these worked fine even after the frontal impact. Open and close just fine, and as they spread the load a little im sure they contributed to the reduced damage. The only modification from package instructions was that i revetted them to my bonnet, and I used stainless eye bolts instead of the supplied ally pins (as i wanted them to not wear out, I open my bonnet a lot)
:lol: Crash tested and verified.
Attachments
shut.JPG
shut.JPG (23.79 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
open.JPG
open.JPG (30.49 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
azza91

in reply to your question bout the lights,i reckon use the bottom for your signature car and top for the racer.sucks about the accident though.how much you sell the bonnet pins for?
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
Bewitched Gti

Ive got a few sets left, ill look after ya :wink: as youre in my build crew
azza91

Bewitched Gti wrote:Ive got a few sets left, ill look after ya :wink: as youre in my build crew
damn straight lol
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
azza91

Bewitched Gti wrote:Front bar and bonnet got destroyed at work tonight, on the plus side, I can proudly say the Aero catch bonnet pins proved their worth. Despite advice to the contrary I found these worked fine even after the frontal impact. Open and close just fine, and as they spread the load a little im sure they contributed to the reduced damage. The only modification from package instructions was that i revetted them to my bonnet, and I used stainless eye bolts instead of the supplied ally pins (as i wanted them to not wear out, I open my bonnet a lot)
:lol: Crash tested and verified.
So they come with a fitting guide?
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
Bewitched Gti

Now ive had to scrap my bonnet, ill be uploading dissassembled pics here. the carton these pins comes in has a template you can cutout and use to mark the location (same as buying speakers for your stereo) :)
I dont reccomend mounting yours where i did mine, it makes the frame too messy, place them in the holes through the headlight top mount, nice area of single skin bonnet there.
My only modification from package
My only modification from package
Stainless eyebolt.JPG (60.61 KiB) Viewed 6462 times
Underside.JPG
Underside.JPG (15.94 KiB) Viewed 6469 times
Location.JPG
Location.JPG (57.84 KiB) Viewed 6470 times
hole and pin.JPG
More info on bonnet pins here http://www.aerocatch.com/
Bewitched Gti

My performance reground camshafts arrived from Suprf1y today, excellent delivery time (estimated 9 days, turned out to be 8!) damn shame I toasted my mule engine, otherwise id have these in it now running them in for the grail.
=D> 3Tech Performance Canada.... I salute you =D>
azza91

Whens the eta of the grail engine?
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
Bewitched Gti

....a piece of string

Bewitched stuff underway, parts to be bought for Rayven etc etc

timeframe is unclear :lol:
ワイドガード 体 GTi
Bewitched Gti

Installed a set of Suprf1y regrinds (200/335 with 210/340) in my replacement mk2 gti engine yesterday.
Once dailled in (and im still finetuning them) they are a ballistic little grind :twisted: giving the (largely stock) engine the kind of featherlight throttle response thats normally reserved for electric slot cars, they come on strong from the bottom of the rev-range and the midpower (although not seat of the pants torquey) feeds strongly through right to the top-end, coming on strongly at about 6,000rpm right to the limiter.
Have experienced Group-A cams before, and this new set of mismatched grinds has out-shone those, still retaining the signature lumpy idle but backing it up with strong output through out the rev range, whereas the Group-A cams tend to be a little docile under 4,000rpm...
Will be continuing to tweak the settings on these (and combine them with a bored out MAF and SR20 throttlebody~60mm) to see what kind of bolt-on N\A power can be derived (without internal work or a ported cylinder head)...
These should bring a turbo onto boost much better than cultus cams, and certainly increase the fat torque curve in the top-end of the rev range under boost (They`ll end up in the Grail engine once i have completed bottom end assembily and aquired a standalone managment system to run the whole shooting match)
Aussie dollar is strong right now, my best advice is grab a set of these and you wont look back
Thanks again Suprf1y for your advice and patience providing me exactly what i wanted =D>
mnemonix

Awesome to hear your cams suit so well.
I've got a pair of suprf1y regrinds sitting at home waiting for me to return and install.
200/335 & 210/340.
Along with those adjustable cam gears.
Hanging to see how they perform.

ps: hurry up and finish the grail engine so I can see it's performance. I'm pondering the same engine for my fourby.
LWB Sierra: 1.6 Twin-cam, Twin-charged, Twin-scroll, Twin-locked.
Pauter rods, ported head, 200/335i 210/340e cams, sr20tb, ID1000's, Adaptronic e420, Garrett GTX3076r, Ogura SC14, 2x Tial MV-s, Turbosmart Dualport.
bzchi

So any updates on the 'grail' engine? last update on the engine itself was over 3 months ago?
azza91

Ive been tempted to use the regrind cams but was waiting for you to install yours to see how they are.im definately grabbing a set now
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
Bewitched Gti

(G13B) Installed sr20 throttlebody and 2.5" intake pipe with bored out (49mm) MAF, retarded the exhaust cam 2 degrees...phenominal midrange right to the limiter. I mention this becasue these parts im trialling are intended to be used on the first stage of the Grail engine with a cultus intake, until i convert it to quad throttle.
Progress on Grail itself: still polishing the externals of the engine block, have finally sourced titanium gudgeon pins (one of my must have items which hasnt been easy to find for decent price) our exchange rate makes the US stuff affordable again :)
Pistons are to be ceramic coated, and im yet to sort the oil pump, ive got a honda D16 high volume pump on its way, and also a g16 high volume pump, ill machine the two to suit the fitment of crank and block.
Im not feeling any urgency to complete the build, id rather aquire the remaining parts on my wishlist than assemble it without them.
It is true i could have assembled and run-in the engine by now, but the devil is in the details, and im sure the extra parts will add to the total output of the build (the same as theyve added to the sum of the cost)
I also recieved a package from Chense containing swift sedan electric door locks, which will be installed with a remote box to make the car keyless entry.
Have had other parts of the engine polished (ive done the rough out work myself, removed casting marks and such and then paid a shop to do the buff and linish) so it will be presentable right from the outset
FlyingGrape

should look amazing. great attention to detail!!
ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph
azza91

Getting closer now steve :-)
BWTCHD performance
swiftless
Bewitched Gti

Painstaking work
Attachments
slow work with a diegrinder, sandpaper and files
slow work with a diegrinder, sandpaper and files
azza91

You sure got patience B