FS: Wilwood Midilite Alloy Brake Brackets Swift GTi

Suzuki parts for sale
Garndi

Picking up a new batch on Thursday if anyone is still interested in these.

I will also be selling them with bolts.
bzchi

ghostG13B wrote:just got a quote from a supplier in adelaide... i can get the 4000 series discs DBA4474 non-slotted for $148.50ea better than the RRP of $200ea

and can get them slotted after purchase for $70 the pair
Can anyone confirm that this is the correct disc? I can get a good price on it.. but haven't seen anyone confirm that it is right. :?

Also, has anyone got a part number for the pads?

I've got the BP-10 Smart Pad (this what people are running?)
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-150-8946K/

7816-pd-lg.jpg
7816-pd-lg.jpg (31.49 KiB) Viewed 14093 times
But was hoping for a more generic application so I could get an alternative from a different brake supplier (eg. Bendix).
ghostG13B

i cannot confirm any of this as i havent even ordered the calipers yet :?

but i have checked multiple times and im fairly certain that they are they correct discs.... maybe "LUN8IC" can confirm this.

there seems to be an EBC green stuff pad to suit this caliper also.
"I don't try to explain to people why I drive a GTI. For those who understand no explanation is needed! For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible..." ghostG13B

Bewitched Performance Crew
bzchi

ghostG13B wrote:i cannot confirm any of this as i havent even ordered the calipers yet :?

but i have checked multiple times and im fairly certain that they are they correct discs.... maybe "LUN8IC" can confirm this.

there seems to be an EBC green stuff pad to suit this caliper also.
Only concern is that the one Garndi listed says HT 51, wondering if that is height, as the link you provided is 45.. that is the only bit that makes me nervous (and the lack of PCD in the listing).
ghostG13B

ive used the search tool on DBA and found all of the discs to suit the honda have a 45 HT... and all have a min thickness of 19mm. there is 1 rotor that matches garndi's specs but it only comes in the 100 PCD.
"I don't try to explain to people why I drive a GTI. For those who understand no explanation is needed! For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible..." ghostG13B

bzchi

ghostG13B wrote:ive used the search tool on DBA and found all of the discs to suit the honda have a 45 HT... and all have a min thickness of 19mm. there is 1 rotor that matches garndi's specs but it only comes in the 100 PCD.
Yeah, sounds like the problem i've found. All listings I have found for 114.3 have been 5 stud.

-edit-

Just called DBA and *474 is wrong!, it's 4x100 PCD. They don't list a 262mm disc with 4x114.3, only 4x100 or 5x114.3

I asked about getting them custom drilled and they weren't keen at all... so back to the drawing board for compatible discs available locally.

Also haven't been able to find a compatible disc on Summit or Jegs.

Can't believe RDA don't have their catalogue online.

LUN8IC, give us some info! :lol:
Pauly

So the 4x100 pcd discs are the correct size?

Why not just take them to a machinist and get them redrilled to 4x114.3?
Insert sig here
LUN81C

lol fark me ahh just askinging my dad to cheak ahhahh i only have rear hubs off the car so i get my dad to cheack against them but the thickness of them are all good i will put up the part numbers i used if i am right and the place i got them from
waylow
Location: Sydney, in the Shire, on the good side of the bridge

Sam ask DBA to make you a set with no stud holes drilled. If you have trouble, let me know, I should be able to organise it for you. If you plan to do any trackwork at all, I would strongly suggest going the 4000 series slotted rotors, if money isn't an issue go for 5000 series.
Swift gone.
LUN81C

nah no good they dont fit what a dog fark fark me so much for bolt on my cock :roll: that a made conversion =D> now i have a set of discs i can wipe my ass with fark my cock [-X
LUN81C

ok now were i brought the discs from he can redrill for about 40$ race brakes hes petty mad there so just gotta call him tommo so all up not to bad about 220 each disc with drilling for dba 4000s nottoo bad that sould see them fit no problems i had allready cheaked everything esle :twisted:
bzchi

Pauly wrote:So the 4x100 pcd discs are the correct size?

Why not just take them to a machinist and get them redrilled to 4x114.3?
As I mentioned DBA didn't want to do it, and it's for overall keeping the cost down if other people want to do the conversion. As Garndi managed to find a set I might find the part number he got and order from the UK (depending on price). I may go back to DBA and ask to get them with no holes drilled but it all comes back to them then not being an off the shelf item.

So from what I got from your post LUN81C, you bought the 4474's and check and they are 4x100 and don't fit so you are getting them redrilled? if that's the case keep us updated.

I am currently looking at a wide range of brake options so all info appreciated.

-edit-

Think I found the info I was after here
http://uk-ssgti.bigforumpro.com/for-sal ... s-t971.htm

Namely:
This was one company.
----------------------------------------
BRAKE ENGINEERING ®
Redwither Road, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Wrexham, LL13 9RD

UK: (+44)1978 667800
Sales: 01978 667800
Accounts: 01978 667802
Purchasing: 01978 667803
Fax: 01978 667801
--------------------------------------------------------

Call them and ask for the year 10/95 they are 114.3 PCD and correct fitments.

-------------------------------------------------------
HONDA INTEGRA 1.8 TypeR 16v VTEC DC. 10/95 Fr Di 952010 V 4 262 51 64 20

Diameter: 262 Thickness: 21 Min Thk: 20 S/V: V HT: 51 Bore: 64 Studs: 4
-------------------------------------------------------
ghostG13B

im able to get my machinist to re-drill the rotors for $20 each corner...

DBA184 match all the specs apart from the PCD... but im unsure if there is the equivalent in the 4000 series rotor

bzchi

Yeah DBA184 looks good, good find, unfortunate about the PCD.

I wonder if the UK supplier has the PCD wrong or if it is just a really rare model.

DBA184SL and DBA184SR look like the go, no 4000 series as you have mentioned :(
ghostG13B

also i may be interested in the uk ones pending price

bzchi

ghostG13B wrote:also i may be interested in the uk ones pending price
The DBA184 can be had for about $80 a disc, the SL and SR are about $150 a disc.

So you'd be getting out of it OK even if you had to redrill.
ghostG13B

only thing in concerned about with re-drilling is the strength after its done... im not sure about the legalities of re-drilling rotors for a street car

bzchi

ghostG13B wrote:only thing in concerned about with re-drilling is the strength after its done... im not sure about the legalities of re-drilling rotors for a street car
Yeah, should clarify that when I say re-drill I mean get blanks + drill, also not keen on having 8 holes in the rotor because of strength / cracking concerns.

Will chase up Garndi and see what price he can get the discs for.
Pauly

I really can't see any problems with re drilling the rotor hats... People run around on re drilled multi stud wheels with out any problems....
It's not like the hat will be weakened by much they are pretty thick hats and the only reason DBA won't be keen on it is because of the liability if the rotor fails and they kill someone
but there is slim to f**k all chance of that happening, they just have to much to lose if something in the extremely slim chance of the rotor they modified failed

you would have the same problem with the caliper conversion mounts if they aren't ADR approved and the brakes fail
Insert sig here
Garndi

I did some checking/phoning around today for the Honda disc's.

My price, I can get them locally for is : 70.00 GBP = 111.160 AUD (maybe + VAT 'GST').

+ the postage to Australia, I would need to check the weight (AIR express 2-4days I would say about $90-110AUD).

These are the standard Honda disc's with 114.3PCD 262mm that will fit the Wilwood conversion.

Let me know if anyone wants me to pick them up a set as they have some in stock atm, I can get them after work.
bzchi

Garndi wrote:I did some checking/phoning around today for the Honda disc's.

My price, I can get them locally for is : 70.00 GBP = 111.160 AUD (maybe + VAT 'GST').

+ the postage to Australia, I would need to check the weight (AIR express 2-4days I would say about $90-110AUD).

These are the standard Honda disc's with 114.3PCD 262mm that will fit the Wilwood conversion.

Let me know if anyone wants me to pick them up a set as they have some in stock atm, I can get them after work.
70GBP is for the pair? and that's unslotted right?.
bzchi

Pauly wrote:I really can't see any problems with re drilling the rotor hats... People run around on re drilled multi stud wheels with out any problems....
It's not like the hat will be weakened by much they are pretty thick hats and the only reason DBA won't be keen on it is because of the liability if the rotor fails and they kill someone
but there is slim to f**k all chance of that happening, they just have to much to lose if something in the extremely slim chance of the rotor they modified failed

you would have the same problem with the caliper conversion mounts if they aren't ADR approved and the brakes fail
You can get the caliper mounts approved by an engineer. I am not sure if the engineer is going to approve discs that have been redrilled.
Garndi

bzchi wrote:70GBP is for the pair? and that's unslotted right?.
Yeah 70.00GBP = 111.158AUD for the pair unslotted + the postage to Auz.

Strange that you can not get them in Australia?. I would rather you guys get them as it saves on postage and my time running around collecting them... But If you guys can not get them, I will wonder over the road and pick them up for you as I have now found them in walking distance from my house lol.

Also I am able to get them grooved or drilled and grooved for 130.00GBP = 206.461AUD + the postage to Auz (This would be a special order so would be better if a few were done at a time).

Edit : can also get them drilled only as well.

PM me if your interested.

I will be getting a few more sets of brackets made as well if there is still interest? (was thinking an anodised purple colour?).
bzchi

I will likely be getting the slotted discs from Garndi as the price back from DBA undrilled was about $250 delivered anyway (+ drilling on top).

So if anyone is interested in grabbing discs at the same time and splitting postage let me know and I will organise it with Garndi.
[YLD80Y]

Wise move not going for DBA rotors. ;)
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.
ghostG13B

Garndi is it possible that the height measurement you have list (51mm) may be incorrect??

im sure there are the integra type R here with the same PCD but all i can find is them listed as a 47mm height

Garndi

ghostG13B wrote:Garndi is it possible that the height measurement you have list (51mm) may be incorrect??

im sure there are the integra type R here with the same PCD but all i can find is them listed as a 47mm height
Not sure what's going on over there, I would ring around Australia for you and find out, but its pricey on my UK phone bill.

What I can say is the below details are not wrong in the UK.

These details were taken from there website.
HONDA INTEGRA 1.8 TypeR 16v VTEC DC. 10/95
Diameter: 262mm
Thickness: 21Min Thk:20
S/V: V
HT: 51
Bore: 64
Studs: 4

I even called BRAKE ENGINEERING UK to double check and the above details are correct (they supply most the major brake distributors in the UK).

They gave me a number of there distributor closest to me and there in stock, very easy to find here and also confirmed that they were 114.3.

Not sure why you guys can not find the same Honda Integra brake disc year/details in Australia?.

It looks like its cheaper here anyway £££, Paypal me some cash and I will collect and post them to you (save you the hassle).

Cheers
Andy
ghostG13B

Garndi wrote:It looks like its cheaper here anyway £££, Paypal me some cash and I will collect and post them to you (save you the hassle).

Cheers
Andy
yeah will do mate... just organizing who wants in and what discs :mrgreen:

Pauly

95 teggy's are 4x100 pcd over here that's where your problem lies with finding them over here
Insert sig here
ghostG13B

OK i think i have found them in Aus!!! search for Honda Legend KA2 4 door sedan.

matches all the specs but the height which comes in at 51.5mm instead of 51mm.. so im thinking these are the ones :mrgreen:

DBA186

RDA186S... RDA also do the slotted, gold passivated & dimpled version too

bzchi

Where are you getting the RDA parts list? on line?

I wasn't able to find it.

They do look more promising.. I might let you be the first to buy though ;)

The listing I have for DBA says that the 186 is a solid disc (not vented), is this right? :?

-edit-

The RDA listing says that they are vented though.

Honda Legend KA2 4 Door 86/87 model.

-edit 2-
The DBA website says they are vented so it's just my price list is just screwed, looking pretty good ;)
http://www.dbadirect.com.au/vehicles/ho ... -4dr-sedan
bzchi

Just an update, have managed to get some 186's delivered to ghostG13B, and the PCD is right and the disc is vented.. just waiting on the test fit ;)
Garndi

Just remember (everyone that bought the brackets) that the black Allen key bolts supplied with the bolt kit need to be chopped to size (there about 15mm'ish to long).
LUN81C

i had mine re drilled 40$ :twisted: oh well got there in the end
LUN81C

farkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk no good the discs i got do not fit the off set 500$ done the drain need to find the right disc the part number is not right #-o #-o #-o :x :x :cry: :| :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ipraswiftGTI

Hi Garndi is it possible to get these with undrilled caliper mounting holes or drilled to suit RX7 series 4 Calipers
Regards Craig
southy

Can anyone confirm that the Honda legend discs fit?
TEAM RIFF RAFF
Rasputin wrote: Yes. I like hard parking faggots and want to be one. It's my dream
Thanks,
Dan.
ghostG13B

southy wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Honda legend discs fit?
i do have a set of the 186 rotors here... just waiting on my calipers and disc from Garndi to compare and test fit them.

southy

Righto. I'll get the calipers and hold onto them till you test fit yours :wink:

From what I've read though they seem to be the go..
TEAM RIFF RAFF
Rasputin wrote: Yes. I like hard parking faggots and want to be one. It's my dream
Thanks,
Dan.
Garndi

I have a pair of Wilwood brake brackets if anyone is interented.

Suit the Wilwood midilites 4 pot brakes (The part number BU -120 - 7376 or New part number 1207473).

Posted to your door they cost $160AUD (brackets and will chuck in bolts, nuts, washers..)
Brackets.jpg
Brackets.jpg (80.86 KiB) Viewed 12433 times
swiffythe2nd

I know this thread is really old but where can I get the brackets to purchase now or is there a drawing to get them made?
swiffythe2nd

Anyone? 8-[
Sam7

I have wilwood 4 pots fitted. I can post a photo and dimensions of the mounting bracket if that's any help?
Dattman

swiffythe2nd wrote:I know this thread is really old but where can I get the brackets to purchase now or is there a drawing to get them made?
Have you tried pm'ing Garndi to see if he can supply some more or provide the drawing, it is his intellectual property so he would be the first person to ask.
Zero_Cool_1983

Hi, which piston size is it, I've got 3 to choose from with that part number
44.5, 35.1 & 31.8

Are you still supplying these mounting brackets?
Thanks David
Terry1

Garndi forgot his password 8 years ago and forgot what email address he used so couldn't reset it..... :oops:
Attachments
Screenshot_20170918-034001.png
STARKEYMOTORSPORT
gtpswift

I went with 44.5/44.5 from memory.
Slightly long pedal but worked well.

GTP
Junathean98

Hey I have a 1994 and 1989 Swifts gti I want to buy 8 of them
OMG GTi

Junathean98 wrote:Hey I have a 1994 and 1989 Swifts gti I want to buy 8 of them
Mate, the last reply was 3 years ago.
N/A all the way!

94 mk3 gti. Bd14s, extractors, group A chip, adjustable cam gears, 10.2mm leads. 69.6kw atw - Sold
2010 Suzuki swift sport, hks turbo kit.
94 Gti undergoing resto with M16a.