Spend my money for me

Sanctioned motorsport event and car preparation discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
n0madic
Posts: 3213
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Brisbane
Location: Brisbane

As some of you know and a lot of you may not , i have been racing my swift in the street series at willowbank for the last 2 seasons . you can find most of my vids on youtube under the username losferwords35 .

I've done a "few" mods to the car although the engine internals are basically stock. the list of mods are as follows :

1. sr20 throttle body and enlargened afm housing
2. koni yellow shocks and king springs (low)
3. zex wet nitrous kit 75hp shot
4. "DMW" phantom grip locker
5. stripped out the entire rear of the car of dead weight
6. cultus cams and vernier timing gears (dialled to advertised factory opening and closing)
7. garndi ecu chip
8. suzitech strut brace with engine steady.

ive been saving some money and now its time to spend a few bucks. ive got a couple of ideas (keep in mind i work on cars all week and working on my own car on the weekend is the last thing i want to do). my first ideas are as follows ....
1. cams (some 952's or similar)
2. slicks

now my first impression is this : i will get more horsepower with cams , but my 60 foot time already sucks , and i think with better cams that i will wheelspin even more , so i have decided that some slicks to better 60 foot time will be more beneficial than some cams that will increase hp and decrease traction ..

my budget is between 500 - 1000 so whats your thoughts ?
Last edited by n0madic on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Suzuki - Mobile Suzuki specialist mechanic
www.facebook.com/suzukimechanic for contact details or to like/share my page.
User avatar
Zuboo
Moderator
Posts: 3523
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Brisbane
Location: Brisbane

I think puss has some 20 inch slick he will sell, which should work well, or just bite the bullet and turbo
A dyno will tell you anything you want, the 1/4 mile will tell you the truth!!!!
Image
[email protected] ST, 58.98 sprint [email protected], 61.6 Lakeside, 294HP ATW
User avatar
Capt_Gherkin
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:38 am
Location: Hornsby

n0madic wrote:As some of you know and a lot of you may not , i have been racing my swift in the street series at willowbank for the last 2 seasons . you can find most of my vids on youtube under the username losferwords35 .
Man!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Had a look at your YouTube clips - awesomely fast car!!!!! :twisted:

And I was really impressed with your reaction time too - you were usually a car length before the other car was a metre!!! =D> =D>
Cheers,
James.
User avatar
n0madic
Posts: 3213
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Brisbane
Location: Brisbane

Zuboo wrote:I think puss has some 20 inch slick he will sell, which should work well, or just bite the bullet and turbo
I will never go turbo , i said i dont want to spend my weekends working on my car , id rather do a 14 n/a than do a 12.5 and spend all my money and time rebuilding it when its broke.

also i would be looking at some brand new slicks , hook me up , not semi slicks , i wont be driving on them , just bolt them on when i get to the bank ... if i can drop 1/2 a second off my times with some traction , get my 60 footers down from 2.6 to 2.1 then i wouldnt just beat xr8's and cv8's , id be smoking them.

capt gherkin , thanks for the support . to me theres no better feeling than going out there and beating a guy thats just spent 70 odd grand on his car and looking at my shitbox and laughing at it.
Dr Suzuki - Mobile Suzuki specialist mechanic
www.facebook.com/suzukimechanic for contact details or to like/share my page.
[YLD80Y]
Moderator
Posts: 17471
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Location: ACT
Location: ACT

Put the money into finishing your van. :P I want to see that thing smoking XR6's on the strip!
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.
dmwdave
Posts: 3496
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Brisbane
Location: Brisbane

Well I think with some 22/8/15 MT slicks on your 60ft times should drop to 1.8s maybe as low as 1.6 so definately a big improvement,the MT slicks cost approx $275 a tyre.
Try fitting long bump stops in the rear shocks to stop the weight transfer,approx $30
Some sort of strut brace with engine steady bar to stop axle tramp,$300
Solid rear engine mount ,for same reason$100
Dyno tune the NOS $???
Image
User avatar
n0madic
Posts: 3213
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Brisbane
Location: Brisbane

ohh yeah forgot i also had a strut brace with engine steady will add that to list now.

$550 for a pair of slicks sounds like money well spent to me
Dr Suzuki - Mobile Suzuki specialist mechanic
www.facebook.com/suzukimechanic for contact details or to like/share my page.
User avatar
Capt_Gherkin
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:38 am
Location: Hornsby

Hey N0madic,

After you have your tyres then PLEASE PLEASE use your video camera and interview some XR8 dudes about 'what have you done to your beast?' 'what do you think of this shitbox Swift?' etc etc BEFORE you do your drag with them... and if they are good sports, also interview after...
that would be PRICELESS!!! :D :D

Share the lurrvve!! :P :P
Cheers,
James.
buzza9
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:55 pm
Location: Kurrajong

Capt_Gherkin wrote:
n0madic wrote:As some of you know and a lot of you may not , i have been racing my swift in the street series at willowbank for the last 2 seasons . you can find most of my vids on youtube under the username losferwords35 .
Man!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Had a look at your YouTube clips - awesomely fast car!!!!! :twisted:

And I was really impressed with your reaction time too - you were usually a car length before the other car was a metre!!! =D> =D>
link link link link linkorban??
CONVO RACING
User avatar
StinkyWizzleteats
Posts: 2364
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:27 pm
Location: Gold Coast
Location: Gold Coast

Capt_Gherkin wrote:Had a look at your YouTube clips - awesomely fast car!!!!! :twisted:
His car isn't really that fast, he just puts the videos on x2 speed.
there you go Dave LOL
User avatar
n0madic
Posts: 3213
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Brisbane
Location: Brisbane

do you know how hard it is to just speed up 1 lane though !
Dr Suzuki - Mobile Suzuki specialist mechanic
www.facebook.com/suzukimechanic for contact details or to like/share my page.
User avatar
n0madic
Posts: 3213
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Brisbane
Location: Brisbane

buzza9 wrote:
Capt_Gherkin wrote:
n0madic wrote:As some of you know and a lot of you may not , i have been racing my swift in the street series at willowbank for the last 2 seasons . you can find most of my vids on youtube under the username losferwords35 .
Man!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Had a look at your YouTube clips - awesomely fast car!!!!! :twisted:

And I was really impressed with your reaction time too - you were usually a car length before the other car was a metre!!! =D> =D>
link link link link linkorban??
mate goto www.youtube.com then in the search function , search for losferwords35 < thats me , you do know how to use the search function dont you , hehe.
Dr Suzuki - Mobile Suzuki specialist mechanic
www.facebook.com/suzukimechanic for contact details or to like/share my page.
User avatar
StinkyWizzleteats
Posts: 2364
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:27 pm
Location: Gold Coast
Location: Gold Coast

n0madic wrote:do you know how hard it is to just speed up 1 lane though !
I know you have the skillllzzzzz LOL
ant1s swift
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 pm
Location: perth

i love your car!!! good job killing the v8 pricks!
loudest swift in perth....i hope
buzza9
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:55 pm
Location: Kurrajong

n0madic wrote:mate goto http://www.youtube.com then in the search function , search for losferwords35 < thats me , you do know how to use the search function dont you , hehe.
haha ok genius how was i spose to figure out that user name... my guess would of been nomadic :) lol
CONVO RACING
User avatar
FlyingGrape
Posts: 2052
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:03 am
Location: Canberra

I don't know, maybe read the second line of his first post.... :roll:
ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph
buzza9
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:55 pm
Location: Kurrajong

:oops: :oops: hahaha SHITT didnt see that.. lol carry on . . . .
CONVO RACING
User avatar
gtaye
Posts: 7376
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Adelaide SA
Location: Adelaide, SA - Home of the NA lump!!

Slicks!
CJ Performance "Specialising in ECU Modification and Performance"

Offical 2006 RedlineGTi Paper, Scissors, Rock Champion!!
waylow
Posts: 6689
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Camden
Location: Sydney, in the Shire, on the good side of the bridge

200 shot?
Swift gone.
User avatar
n0madic
Posts: 3213
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Brisbane
Location: Brisbane

slicks and den 200 shot ...

ok its unanimous , ill buy the slicks ..

as for the 200 shot , it will never happen , even on the 100 shot it didnt like it , i guess with some refined tuning the 100 shot could be possible.
Dr Suzuki - Mobile Suzuki specialist mechanic
www.facebook.com/suzukimechanic for contact details or to like/share my page.
User avatar
Capt_Gherkin
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:38 am
Location: Hornsby

n0madic wrote:slicks and den 200 shot ...

ok its unanimous , ill buy the slicks ..

as for the 200 shot , it will never happen , even on the 100 shot it didnt like it , i guess with some refined tuning the 100 shot could be possible.
any update then N0madic?!! :P
Cheers,
James.
User avatar
StinkyWizzleteats
Posts: 2364
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:27 pm
Location: Gold Coast
Location: Gold Coast

He's too busy being Mr. Mum at the moment.....
you make a good bi**h LOL :wink:
Post Reply