It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: What is the baleno crank solution
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:04 pm 

Hello all

Please tell me what is the best crank solution of g16A and from where to get it?

Post subject: Re: What is the baleno crank solution
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:32 am 

hi, i'm assuming you are wanting a stronger crank shaft so you can make more power? ? Suzitech's John is attempting to put a Honda crank in. he's been trying for ages. not sure how he's going. . i'll ask him today if i renember.

option two is what i'm thinking of. a crank out of a J20 engine should bolt straight in. and is solid and nice and strong :) doing research on it a lot lately. i think if you just get the crank in the J18, you will end up with a J19. if you swap pistons and conrods, you will have the J20, but with the J18 engine numbers, so no engineering rewuired lol. sneaky sneaky :D
still researching, so not 100% sure of all that. plus fly wheel and clutch ight be different. .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 am 

I have a cryogenically treated standard crank.
As long as you don't over rev the motor and have a good tune it will handle the power you make.

My car made 135.2kW @ The wheels at 19psi and 330Nm of torque.
It also has been revved as high as 7400RPM.

I doubt you will want anymore than that and I believe you have no chance of getting close to that without fitting an aftermarket ECU.

13bsigma wrote:
hi, i'm assuming you are wanting a stronger crank shaft so you can make more power? ? Suzitech's John is attempting to put a Honda crank in. he's been trying for ages. not sure how he's going. . i'll ask him today if i renember.

option two is what i'm thinking of. a crank out of a J20 engine should bolt straight in. and is solid and nice and strong :) doing research on it a lot lately. i think if you just get the crank in the J18, you will end up with a J19. if you swap pistons and conrods, you will have the J20, but with the J18 engine numbers, so no engineering rewuired lol. sneaky sneaky :D
still researching, so not 100% sure of all that. plus fly wheel and clutch ight be different. .

J series motors are totally different to the G series and a crank from a J20 will not fit in a G16.

Yes you can have a Honda D16 crank machined to fit in a G16B.
But then there are lot of other things that need to be changed.

You can have a billet crank made at great cost.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:15 pm 

I'm glad you posted Damo, it means I'm not the only who thought he was talking out his arse! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:07 pm 

yeh, sorry about that guys. my turboed baleno is running a G16 engine. i now have a J18 that i'm looking at stronger options for lol. renembered just as i left the house that i'd given you the wrong info lol. and yes. John said the honda crank will work. but he's done a lot of other work as damo said :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:09 pm 

hey damo, how much did it cost to get your stuff cyro treated? and where did you get it done?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:32 pm 

Thanks for the replies honda crank is a alot of trouble i do all the research but stuck in Line through process it means billet crank is the only solution

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:56 pm 

you could always look for a GTX 1.8L motor and gearbox and fit a J20 crank and it will bolt in to your baleno as long as the engine comes with the engine mount brackets. . . I'v been looking at it as i want to keep my turbo setup, but want all the GTX goodies. plus my engine mount and bracket was shattered and i'v had to use standard baleno brackets, which bolt on to the GTX engine, but will require a little custom work.

So GTX engine with GTX brackets and in it should go.