It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Rear window fold out catch
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:44 am 

For years i was putting up with the rear windows closing when i hit a bump in the road and decided to try and fix it for good. I could not get any of the 6mm screws on the rear pillar catch bracket undone even with some wd40 and a impact driver and FBH. It took a rattle gun to finally get them off and even the 5mm through the glass end wasn’t moving either so rattle gun as well got it off. It turned out all were loctited in and i destroyed the plastic window buttons in the process. 4wdpartshop had them on their website so i bought new replacements hoping they came with seals, which they didn’t. I put the catches back on with the now half mangled seals with new screws and weak thread sealer on the window screws to stop them flexing undone and all is fixed now. The windows really pull in hard on the surround seals and lock open properly now. They must just have been too loose before but didn’t rattle because of the locktite. Easy fix in the end, nothing wrong with the catches themselves.