It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Any "Old School" members still around?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:05 pm 

psigti01 wrote:
Posting will tell me when i joined; 2005 and attended one of or the last Canberra Cruise.

Still waiting on that 2nd Hatch Attack announcment; due any day i rekon

I was told no-one likes k20's in swifts so that rules me out and few others :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:23 pm 

I was here before the 2003 migration, I guess that makes me old school. My swift was 11 years old by then.
Currently have two, neither GTi's.
GTP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:24 pm 

Im old and old school, had my first mk1 around 1992 and found these forums many many years later, never really posted on the forums but always keep up to date few times a year..

Now 20 something years later ive got another one, i used to know a lot about these, but even today i was looking around my new project and couldn't find the boot or fuel cap release....;) ;) i swear they had them.

Times are certainly different trying to find parts is near impossible, back in the day i found a epi002 computerat the wreckers.

Also im sure i even threw out my prefect mk1 box with the cig diff centre.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:20 pm 

Zuboo wrote:
psigti01 wrote:
Posting will tell me when i joined; 2005 and attended one of or the last Canberra Cruise.

I was told no-one likes k20's in swifts so that rules me out and few others :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: he posted! :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:21 am 

Zuboo wrote:
psigti01 wrote:

8) purely because of those friggen civics

Never let others opinons get in the way of your own goal...cant exactly say im a purist now anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 pm 

i would definitely do a K20 in the suzuki if it sounded like a suzuki and not a honda!..lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:28 pm 

Zuboo wrote:
Still a few around they always keep pooping up now and then.

The thing i find funny is we all added info to better our self's as a community which has worked well but with FB making it so easy to post no-one can be bothered. In turn lots of builds and info are lots to the FB machine yet if info is required they are directed here. :shock: :shock: :shock:
It's like needing something but not wanting to contribute keeping it alive for future members. 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

Completely agree, you can see that with the death of the original TeamSwift website all that knowledge is gone and its not just the technical knowledge stuff, its part numbers, interchangeability with other Suzuki models at the time and even just pictures of show cars in their day etc

I am really surprised how quickly the Mk1/2/3 Swifts have died out as an enthusiast car especially compared to other hatches of the time. It is heartening to know that there are still some of us left on here tho =D>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:29 pm 

Stocko wrote:

Completely agree, you can see that with the death of the original TeamSwift website all that knowledge is gone and its not just the technical knowledge stuff, its part numbers, interchangeability with other Suzuki models at the time and even just pictures of show cars in their day etc

I am really surprised how quickly the Mk1/2/3 Swifts have died out as an enthusiast car especially compared to other hatches of the time. It is heartening to know that there are still some of us left on here tho =D>

Teamswift is not entirely dead, ssgtirepository.com is the new "TS" where the info is slowly being added back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:16 pm 

I have been playing around with MK 1's for over 20 years have had 11 of them and currently still have a black MK 1 race car. My brother has also had a heap of MK 3's and a turboed baleno GTX over the years as well. I think I have been on Redline for around 13 years or so now and still use it quite regularly, it has dropped off a lot over the years and I still remember when there use to be cruises and car events on nearly every week. I fell in love with MK 1's way back in 1992 when I use to go home every day past Action Suzuki in Parramatta and they had an all purple 1988 model MK 1 for sale for $12,990.00 I use to go sit in it and look at it every Friday afternoon on my way home from school. (Lol) Seeing a Swift GTI on the road these days is like winning a mini lottery hahaha long live the Swift GTI !

Part of the elite R.G.A.A.E Squad.
Sponsored By Snapper Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 am 

I'm still lurking around as well, usually log on at least once a month to see how some projects are progressing.

I still own my GTi, only drive it a couple of times a month now and use it more as a work run-about, then a cruising car these days.

I was a around post 2003 merge as well, had alot of good times on here, meet some great people on cruises, some even became good friends. Had a successful online business selling swift performance parts for a few years, which was fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:27 pm 

I was a member on TS back in the day, since around 02. Still here though, and SSGTI, and still drive the GTI as much as I can, just got back on a road trip with it:

https://www.facebook.com/E-Tunez-187324237988627/

:)

Steve