All times are UTC + 10 hours

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: FS:Mostly disassembled 1993 Swift GT
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:36 am 

Model: Suzuki Swift GT
Year: 1993
Kilometers: 300k km, 186k mi
Modifications: Predominately stock

Additional Information: Unfortunately I have to pull the plug on my GT project. I began disassembly back in 2018 and currently have the engine bay stripped and to bare metal, engine disassembled and mostly cleaned, and all other parts packaged in totes. HERE is a brief history of when I bought it and a few things I have done.

I originally took the car off the road because I needed a better long distance (10+ hr) car. There are no parts missing and the car was running when I started disassembly but I highlighted the notables below. Clean title and registration in hand.

Body : The car is some form of plasti-dipped with a matte black finish. The hood and roof are wrapped in a carbon fiber type finish. It needs a paint job for sure, but the body panels are straight and do not have any noticeable dents. Front fenders have a good deal of rust, best to replace but can salvage. There are three areas around the engine bay that I would probably grind down and weld some new sheet metal in but it is structurally sound. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but all the body panels are still in place from the firewall back.

Wheels : Tires on the original 5-spoke aluminum wheels hold air but I would replace them, rims are in good condition with some rash. It will come with a set of steelies with good tread snow tires if that is relevant to you.

Engine : See pictures. No noticeable issues before I removed it and I didn't find anything alarming in the disassembly. Three of the lifters seem to be bound up after cleaning and re-oiling. The extras listed below were ordered to do most of the rebuild on the engine including oil&water pumps, timing belt accessories, gaskets, etc.

Transmission : The transmission housing on the original transmission cracked @ the shifter connection ~10k miles ago which was replaced with a junkyard '99 Geo Metro Transmission. I have no reason to believe the internals in the original transmission are damaged. I believe I nuked the Metro transmission last time I moved it under it's own power; the transmission fluid was low when I drove it and the remaining fluid that came out was quite shimmery. So you will get both transmissions with the original internals and a good Metro housing, just not assembled. HEREare the two transmissions.

Interior : Interior is in good shape. I replaced the original seats with another set from a lower mileage GT. There is some cracking in the dash but it is minor. The interior is not stripped down so it is intact and complete.

Extras : Car has an under engine brace, see pictures. I can include some brand new OEM parts I just purchased to rebuild the engine (oil&water pump, seals, piston parts, timing belt components, ets). This was like $800 in parts so it will depend on the sale price. HEREis an image with all the parts ordered.

Price: $2000 obo

I would really like to sell this all together instead of doing a part-out.

Contact Details:
Car is in Williamsburg VA
Can deliver from here to ME
Message me here or
Text / Call cell: 207-251-twofoureightthree

Attachments:
File comment: Engine bay as it is right now
9il102d.jpg
9il102d.jpg [ 269.8 KiB | Viewed 5 times ]
File comment: How it sits, shell in storage as I worked on the engine / transmission
0bi0dE9.jpg
0bi0dE9.jpg [ 153.88 KiB | Viewed 3 times ]
File comment: Car before disassembly
NYtYorV.jpg
NYtYorV.jpg [ 156.26 KiB | Viewed 4 times ]
File comment: Head stuff
FpidoH6.jpg
FpidoH6.jpg [ 175.69 KiB | Viewed 3 times ]
File comment: Block, top
chBzzMU.jpg
chBzzMU.jpg [ 147.73 KiB | Viewed 3 times ]
File comment: Block, bottom