Paint Protection Bat Poop!

Swift 2005+ related discussion
Gomo

Welll because I became to lazy to wash my car of as late.. I've just come accross as to what leaving bat poop on your car will do to you.. I even have paint protection applied on this car and it sure as heck didn't save me from this even though it cost me $760 to get the protection applied..

This is what happened with just the morning sun bat poop on my car.. sigh! Guess I can get a touchup paint I thought It would of ripped off a bigger section!

Last edited by Gomo on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 Black Suzuki Swift Automatic
View the thread on my updates when I purchased my car thru Zupps Take A look!!
k3vink3vin

don't they come with lifetime warranty?
LonePhantom

Yeah there's supposedly a warranty for the paint protection doing it's job. Take it to your dealer and tell them to fix up the paint.
Stephen
Haribolman

LonePhantom wrote:Yeah there's supposedly a warranty for the paint protection doing it's job. Take it to your dealer and tell them to fix up the paint.
Sorry to sound too negative, but it should be interesting to see what creative loopholes the dealer comes up with for getting out of this warranty claim!

Good luck. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong about this!
Gomo

:) Well I've contacted SixStarsolutions on the phone this morning spoke to a funny chick ;) that was good, I told her what had happened and I said I even have some photo's! :)

She gave me an email addy to send the photo's off to and she said I should expect a call back somtime today or tommorow with what there going to do about my missing paint ;)

Hopefully all goes well and I can score some extra freebies on my touchup for the tiny scratches I have on other bits of my car! :roll:
Gomo

Wow I'm loved! :) I spoke to a friend of mine who works for Mayfairs his the sales and marketing manager there, and he was supprised with my poor car with how that's happened with so little time!

He rung me and we spoke about it, and I told him I would keep him posted so hopefully if the result comes out good all is well otherwise I'm screwed with paying a huge $ to get it covered up before it starts to freaking rust! grr :P
k3vink3vin

imo you really should ask (or strive) for a respray instead of a touchup because everything should be covered under the paint protection warranty (if there is)
Gomo

Yeah for sure! deffinately.. that's what my $730.00 spent should well be doing! :)
sport39s

Unfortunately a lot of those treatments if you read fine print don’t cover against damage from tree sap, bird or bat droppings, Gomo I hope you are lucky and your warranty does not contain these clauses.
k3vink3vin

sport39s wrote:Unfortunately a lot of those treatments if you read fine print don’t cover against damage from tree sap, bird or bat droppings, Gomo I hope you are lucky and your warranty does not contain these clauses.
we were talking about his paint protection warranty :wink:
Gomo

What was the point in getting it then? My car won't be fadding for a good 3 or more years.. and by then it would of been sold..

And Plus I usually cleaned it as much as I could! I can only hope that they can fix it for me.. otherwise does anyone have any idea how much money I'll be up for? :roll:

Mr. Focus

farkin hell!

nothing will protect against batshite though. thats stuff is evil!
luvmysuzuki

Mr. Focus wrote:farkin hell!

nothing will protect against batshite though. thats stuff is evil!

Or from birds that eat blue berries, turns yellow paint bright green 8)

Didnt worry with Paint Protection you can get alot of car wax for $750.00
Last edited by luvmysuzuki on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93 black gti 93 purple gti turbo 05 Swift Z 06 swift sports
M18a turbo powered 92 gti
ytfiws

Gomo wrote:What was the point in getting it then?
Sorry to be the one to tell you this mate but there is no point. Its just a money spinner for the dealers and/or the relevant company.

One of my mates worked for a large well known paint protection company for two years and he tells me you are better off with a good wax regularly.
The actual paint protection does work but only for a few months at most. The mark up on the actual paint protection product will astound you, It could be anywhere between 500% and 1000% and sometimes more. :shock:

If your looking for a good investment a paint protection business is well worth a look.
sport39s

k3vink3vin wrote:
sport39s wrote:Unfortunately a lot of those treatments if you read fine print don’t cover against damage from tree sap, bird or bat droppings, Gomo I hope you are lucky and your warranty does not contain these clauses.
we were talking about his paint protection warranty :wink:
Yes i know so am i lol :wink:
Gomo

I got conned into it because they said it was cheap! normally would cost $990! but they got it for $730.00 =o my window tint cost me $350 instead of $400 it's amazing how I fell for such price gimmic's! :( :roll: Guess U can say try to learn from mistakes :) :o

On a brighter note, the guy who set me up with everything is a good friend of mine, but he doesn't work at the same dealership any longer, and no he wasn't the one who got me to get the protection, another lady did as the story goes! haha

Anyway I told him what had happened and his interested to know what happens! :)
crisistorque

Was your paint protection the basic one, or the one that is stated to protect against bird crap and sap?
--
Gomo

just called paint sealant protection, Haven't heard from them in the last 2 day's I'll be ringing them tommorow that's for sure the lazy bums! :cry:
Gomo

They are only open Monday to friday Jipped!! :twisted: :roll:
[YLD80Y]

Gomo wrote:I got conned into it because they said it was cheap! normally would cost $990! but they got it for $730.00 =o
I look at paint protection this way:

When you have a car resprayed (as most modifiers eventually do!) and spend thousands on the job, does the spray painter offer you "paint protection"? Hell no. :lol:
Most decent painters will tell you to apply a hard shell wax regularly. (and maybe cut and polish it after a week, depending on how it was painted.)

Paint protection is one of those feel good things that people who don't garage/wash/clean their cars choose to purchase to make them sleep easier at night. (That isn't a stab at you, Gomo.) My guess is that with an extra $730 in their pocket the dealer probably sleeps quite well too! :lol:

Its like that liquid "polish" you get at Car Lovers. That s**t is just pink water with some fragrance in it, but it won't stop a shitload of people spending the extra $2 to have it. ;)
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.
Nocturne

A bat blessed my Swift the day I took it home. I removed the fruity mess the next morning by soaking it about 5 times with wet tissue then slowly wiped it away then soaped it up a little. If you don't remove all the acids it just starts eating in.

I've noticed bird droppings will mark the car on a hot day in a few hours so if you ever see a dropping remove it straight away then wash the spot.

There’s just something wrong about cleaning a turd of a animal you don't own.

Noc
Gomo

Just Gave them a call, Spoke to the same nice girl as last time,

She was like they should of contacted you, so she sent thru my application about my problem again and she said I should be expecting a call this morning or this afternoon,

Hopefully all goes well, I'm not liking the big missing bit of paint on my bonet and with the rain were receiving lately, I think rust will soon become a problem in my books :wink:
Nocturne

It shouldn't rust unless you can see bare metal.

BTW I have inspected the paintwork on my car and its really just slapped on. When washing I would stay away from using a high pressure nozzle or at least choose a mist setting that is not going to remove paint.

I've been doing a good mist soak then a mist spray to get the bugs off first before soaping up with Meguiars NXT suds which seems to work well.

Lucky there is a steady supply of tank water to go with the bugs at the moment.

Noc
Gomo

I just got off the phone to the manager who is in charge for the warranty on my paint, I pretty much pointed out that on my terms and conditions it states " bird poo and bat isnt covered" and he put it to me saying that unfortunately that's the case, and told me I would need to contact northstar the guys who I got my protection from to see what they have to say about it,

He said If I got the Platinum Paint sealent package I would of been covered for that.. what a joke! :shock:

I asked how long until it rusts he said with our weather, you should sus out some products from supercheap auto that will temp cover up the metal that is exposed at the moment.. I'll sus that out tomorrow afternoon.

Pretty disappointed with the entire scene with my paint at the moment for sure.. :( :roll:
[YLD80Y]

As Nocturne pointed out the patch in question shouldn't rust. From what I can see it has only damaged the top clear coat. There should still be colour and undercoat underneath that before you get to bare metal!
Gomo

spoke to the dealership ppl this afternoon, who said they would deffinately try to fix me up somehow! They will ring me in morning! Told em im not impressed as you wouldn't be when you spent $730 on a product.. la la :lol:
Haribolman

Gomo wrote:spoke to the dealership ppl this afternoon, who said they would deffinately try to fix me up somehow!
Why do I feel like you've already definitely been fixed up by them!! :shock:
Haribolman

Gomo wrote: They will ring me in morning!

And did they?
Gomo

They rung me today, the lady I spoke with who was handling my issue rung to tell me my issue has been forwarded to one of there manager people, as she is funnily enough leaving in the next week, and wanted to tell me that she didn't want to leave my case so she has forwarded it on.

I think thats a good thing? haha anyway she said I should be reciving another call in the next day or two! :wink:
Gomo

No one's rung me still.. I'll be ringing them today :(
Gomo

Rung them just now, Spoke to another different lady who said she would pass my case onto another person again oh yippie! :) and then she said she would call me sometime this afternoon.. It's really bugging me I think they should be the ones who pay for my respray! as I did pay the big lump of money for the protection :?
Gomo

woot! that's better, Cars booked in for a look on thursday! :) they said they can only look and assess it but won't be able to fix it on the day, said they would set me up with a loan car as apparently it would take around 2 to 3 days to fix the paint up, Hopefully it's free! But the loan car is $22 bucks a day :wink:

3 Different cars and out of the selection all I remember hearing is Lancer :D Wouldn't mind a swift.. as i'll miss mine severally!
Gomo

wow.. this is news to me! I took the car in to be assessed today, the people looked at it and told me it doesn't look like it was caused by a bat dropping and looks like someone scratched it! HAHA! so it won't be covered under the warranty.. like what the heck!

Anyway they took photo's of it and are showing there high class manager yippie tommorow and they will deffinately call me tommorow to let me know if they will cover it under the warranty if not it will cost $400 ~ $500 to get my bonnet resprayed :roll:
[YLD80Y]

If they don't believe you then show them the pics you posted in this thread. That should convince them that it isn't a scratch.

Sounds like a cop-out to me. In the end if they refuse to cover the damage I would try polishing it out before I bothered with a respray of the bonnet.
sultana

I would also drag the dealership into the equation as I am sure that there are getting some sort of commision out of your payment.
In the meantime get a written opinion from a paint shop so you can take it as a professionals opinion and jam it up their tight arses.
Dont waste any more time and write a letter to the Dept of fair trading to get the ball rolling, that way they dont just answer to you they have to answer to the Fair trade dept to come to a mutual agreement.
Ps stop saying yipee it sounds ghey :wink:
Farewell to my old mate of 13 years, Mk3 Gti aka the Hitman!
Gomo

haha thanks for the heads up! Yes I willl have to show them my photos if they don't think it's from bat dropping!

They Never called me like they said they would today so deffinately will be following that up on monday seeing as they aren't open on weekends.. :evil:
Haribolman

Gomo wrote:They Never called me like they said they would today so deffinately will be following that up on monday seeing as they aren't open on weekends.. :evil:
Gomo, your experience has unfortuantely proven what some of us on here thought about these add-on warranties. Not only are they overpriced in the first place, they also don't stand up to any scrutiny when actually called upon to pay out.

You've been given the run around with non-returned phone calls and the inevitable "sorry (with a big smile) but our warranty doesn't cover anything" response. Their attitude differs from the sometimes excellent performance of some large insurance companies that are only too happy to settle an accident claim. I would try other avenues to make them accountable for a payout, but in the end you may have to put this experience down to living and learning.
Gomo

omg... still carrying on.. They rung me but I didn't get there call, I rung them back in the afternoon and apparently the chick who rung me finished for the day... yay!

I'll ring tommorow :shock:
Gomo

No one rung me again today.. It's the afternoon I've given them another call and the lady I spoke with was like what! :shock: No one called you back how odd! :P

My call didn't go for long she said she would speak to her boss and then get back to me.. *fingers crossed*

edit: I'm expecting a call first thing in the morning tommorw :)
Last edited by Gomo on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sport39s

Mate there having ago at you, don't ring them anymore, Ring The Department of Fair Trading and get them to sort it out.
Image Susie :P
Newish

I agree with sport39s. This has been a massive run about for too long. Youve gotta start pulling the strings!

Dont let them call you back, tell them youl only speak NOW! Or youll take your complaint higher.
Gomo

sport39s wrote:Mate there having ago at you, don't ring them anymore, Ring The Department of Fair Trading and get them to sort it out.
I'll let tommorow decide that this has gone on for too freaking long... :shock:

And it's a good thing I can show a pure example out there to the peeps on what i've gone through! this is proof you can become screwed over!! :roll:

Edit: Got called right then! I was given the bosses number for SixStar and I tried rining it persnally but it went to voice mail.. :roll:
sport39s

Freaken Car yards can't bloody trust them they take your money and than they don't want to stand by there product do they :evil: , [email protected]@ken morons :twisted:, I hope you get it sorted Gomo :wink:
Image Susie :P
Haribolman

sport39s wrote:Freaken Car yards can't bloody trust them they take your money and than they don't want to stand by there product do they :evil: , [email protected]@ken morons :twisted:, I hope you get it sorted Gomo :wink:
I've got to agree that it's become a perfect example of why car dealers are often so untrusted.

First they come on all smiles and "have we got a body protection package deal for you" routine, and then they just completely wash out when it comes to a real test.

Their reported behaviour in this instance is totally pathetic and is only going to make their job so much harder when someone reading this decides to buy a new car.
Nocturne

I don’t know if this was mentioned Gomo, did you actually sign an agreement that stated bat crap was not covered? It might be a bit too late for this but an interesting point none the less.

In the future I would stick to dealing with the company that sold you the service. You should not have to deal with a 3rd party for warranty issues unless it’s a “send your car here to get it fixedâ€
Gomo

they called, I missed there call, I rung back left a message, they never returned it :?
Gomo

Called them this morning, the lady is auctually on her day off today, I tried rininging her mobile but no answer, I rung the dealership who was able to tell me they will get her to ring me at 9am tommow morning..

I have just had my interior light in my car die on me! ALLREADY! so my car is booked in to get that fixed under warranty on thursday, other then that pretty ticked. it's now Friday.. this has gone on for a week!

I can't get over it.. but on other good news I've just got a really awesome girl in my life to worry so much over this crap! haha love it muchly.. :lol:

You guys are expected to be on the swift cruise.. and if those noobs have my swift on the 9th of December assuming they take that freaking long.. I will be demanding a swift loan car.. :D

My thread seems to be attracting much attention over 1,500 views! It reminds me of the thread on me waiting for my car.. http://redlinegti.com/forum/vt.28279.htm
snowflake

I have just had my interior light in my car die on me! ALLREADY! so my car is booked in to get that fixed under warranty on thursday, other then that pretty ticked. it's now Friday.. this has gone on for a week!

Yep, mine blew at around 12 months old, just a globe but annoying just the same. :roll:

Keep badgering about your paint, it's just not good enough that they can ignore the issue. I'm fairly convinced now that it really does matter which dealership you go through. My son and I bought our Swifts thru Von Bibra in Tweed, I have nothing but praise for their team, everything we have complained about has been addressed in a professional manner, if anyone is interested in buying a Suzuki, I highly recommend them.
Life is not a dress rehearsal, own as many cars as you can :P
Haribolman

Gomo wrote: I have just had my interior light in my car die on me!
Replace it with a high-power LED. Lasts forever and is so much whiter than the standard globe. Easily bought off ebay.
Haribolman

snowflake wrote:[
I'm fairly convinced now that it really does matter which dealership you go through. My son and I bought our Swifts thru Von Bibra in Tweed, I have nothing but praise for their team, everything we have complained about has been addressed in a professional manner, if anyone is interested in buying a Suzuki, I highly recommend them.
I also bought my car through them two years ago and found them to be much better than the other brand of dealer at Burleigh. At least Von Bibra were willing to come to the deal.

On the downside the salesman I dealt with was one of those "I'll call you back tommorrow" people, that never honour their promises.