Paint Protection Bat Poop!

Swift 2005+ related discussion
sexuki

Gomo = Fail
sultana

Holdens are worse from my experiences although your Falcon does sound as bad as my old BA company one , diff, steering rack, handbrake, rough idle. The VE SS commodore we used had problems with, gearbox, clunky diff, power steering, ecu, tps, interior falling apart, irratic idling, starting problems, stalling, oil leaks, noisy suspension all within 10 000km. Go the billion dollar baby- an absolute heap of s**t in terms of build quality and reliability that is totaly shamed by my almost 200 000k Gti which has only had a leaky front main seal go wrong. :wink:
Farewell to my old mate of 13 years, Mk3 Gti aka the Hitman!
LonePhantom

mrpaint1 wrote:i realy dont understand this thread from a business owners point,
if a customer came to me and wasnt happy i would surely endevour all i could to make this person happy,
as from your point,firstly i feel sorry for you but you have rights and have not once acted on any of them,if you played the whole scene properly you would have contacted the dealer,if you got no joy from them you should have taken it up with suzuki australia,
i have delt with nearly every suzuki dealership in adelaide and suzuki australia and have nothing but praise for them all,
if your dealer isnt doing the right thing suzuki australia will step in,if that fails you have consumer affairs,they give you 21 days to act as a business and raise any defence you may have,if that fails (wich honestly by this point it would have been sorted)but? if all that somehow fails you then have other avenues you can follow eg: your insurance company, small claims courts etc,
suzuki would not like this problem going on and would not want these problems occuring with past customers,
i have followed this thread for sometime and given you advice as many others have and honestly mate all i can say is what chopper woulda said...
HARDEN THE f**k UP STEPHEN....
He's already been told all of this stuff repeatedly, and of course still didn't do anything. That's why he's in this predicament...
Stephen
[YLD80Y]

waylow wrote:
Haribolman wrote:
waylow wrote:I bought a brand new falcon ute, in October 06. I have had nothing but problems since I bought it.
I've said it before...if you buy a Ford, you deserve what you get... :shock:
Quoted for the truth!!!

Is that a fire I can smell? :shock: :lol:
Maybe take this guy's initiative and not just tell the truth, but display it! :lol:
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.
mrpaint1

didnt ford circle the problem.....
M15A

Can we move on now?
If they call gay men Queens, why aren't lesbians called Kings?
Gomo

New update:

They have contacted me and told me not to worry about the payment for the tire..

They want to re apply the protection on my bonet only during weekdays

I work mon - fri and don't want to take a day off from work just to wait around..

Im thinking maybe I drive to redcliff on sat with my car get another loan car.. and have that during the week and on the weekend pickup my car again..

I've told them it's to much of a hassle and time waste I will give up on the protection and simply wax my car regulary instead..

I paid $730 for the protection
They Paid $650 for the respray on my bonet..

Adding up my costs and time involved.. not much worth the hassle..

This is a stupid product that is simply amazing how long this has taken.. 6 months in are we now? :shock:
2007 Black Suzuki Swift Automatic
View the thread on my updates when I purchased my car thru Zupps Take A look!!
LonePhantom

Gomo wrote:New update:
This is a stupid product that is simply amazing how long this has taken.. 6 months in are we now? :shock:
the reason it took so long is due to fart-assing about on your part though I think....
Stephen
Gomo

I suppose but if you go back a few pages you will see the company never returned my calls to begin with..

While im at it this looks rarther interesting and well priced and somthing I should of thought of getting in the first place..

http://www.paintprotectiondirect.com.au/gallery.html
M15A

Gomo wrote:I suppose but if you go back a few pages you will see the company never returned my calls to begin with..

While im at it this looks rarther interesting and well priced and somthing I should of thought of getting in the first place..

http://www.paintprotectiondirect.com.au/gallery.html
Just checked out that page...

All I can way is... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm seriously considering getting it done, the finishes look absolutely f'ing amazing...!

Where'd you find it Gomo?
sport39s

Yeah i'm thinking of getting it done, the finishes look good but is this just another take your money Rip off product :roll: be nice if we could find someone who has had it done :wink:
Image Susie :P
Gomo

Just on Google :) nothing to amazing..

Hey the version of PHPBB has been updated =D>
Gomo

They have offered to do the job on Saturday 9am , I'm now booked in
Horah! :mrgreen:

Should take around an 1hr so I've been told to complete the job, seems after month's I've finally been fixed up.. Hopefully [-X

Find out when it gets done #-o
[YLD80Y]

Gomo wrote: seems after month's I've been totally stitched up.. [-X
Fixed. :P
Gomo

smartie,

will post outcome when the work is completed, then pretty sure after I have that complete few more months I need to get the entire car re applied again =P~ due after 12months of application yay
sultana

The moral of this story is do not bother with paint protection, just wash and polish your car regularly with good quality products.
Please lock thread [-o<
Nocturne

I've learned my lesson as well instead of buying paint protection for a car I'm gassing my bats.
Go to the source if you want to get the job done :)

Noc
Gomo

:D They have set me up with a local dealership in brisbane to get my paint protection assesments done easier..

I took the Car in on Saturday at 9am and they had finished the coat by 10am, bonet looks all clean, and they even put tyre shine on my wheels!

Job well done only took around 5 Month's to receive this outcome =D>
[YLD80Y]

Gomo wrote: I took the Car in on Saturday at 9am and they had finished the coat by 10am, bonet looks all clean, and they even put tyre shine on my wheels!
Do you have a receipt? I'm interested to see if they used fairy dust or pixie s**t. :lol:
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.
Gomo

They're still in the process of sending me that in the mail, as it was not ready when I was up there that moring #-o
sultana

So the saga continues [-X .............................This is like a series of 'The young and the Restless'.
ytfiws

yes except this is much more boring!
M15A

It never ends huh? :lol:
Alpine

Far out, I just read each and every page of this epic saga, thanks for the entertainment!! But glad to hear its mostly sorted out in the end...I wouldn't have hung on for so long though. I would have kicked heads a LLOOOONGG time ago!
Gomo

I'm Somehow Invited! YAY :^o
M15A

Hey don't scoff at such an AmAzInG offer!!!

I'll go if you don't want to, just let me jump on my flying carpet and... :lol:
Nocturne

Umm is there something I'm missing? The BBQ the offer of a free service or the "company" merchandise?

Noc
charcoal

Nocturne wrote:Umm is there something I'm missing? The BBQ the offer of a free service or the "company" merchandise?

Noc
I don't want to deflate anyone's balloon here, but most dealers participate in these "Main Event" promotions. It's no big deal to receive an invitation, as you're on their customer database if you have bought something from them where they took your details. You've probably seen the hessian fencing around the yard and the "invitation only" stuff, to make you feel special. I really bet that they're going to turn you away if you rock up without an invitation on one of these days :)

With regard to the "freebies", the chances are that you'll receive a $50 service voucher to be used the next time that you take your car to their "golden spanners" workshop. There are a few dealership merchandise items (very few) in the lucky dip box. If you're in the area, they do have free sausage sizzles and soft drinks, but hardly worth the effort if you have to travel any distance.

These promotions cost the dealers thousands of dollars, and are usually designed to stimulate business when things are a bit quiet. It's all about the hype, and all staff are given the big rev up before the doors open. Of course they're going to let you think that there's "special pricing - today only"...do the maths- there's only so much that they have to play with, and chances are that you'll do just as good a deal during the last week of the month when they're trying to make their targets.
tryhard

Gomo, I am sure you or anyone else who's posted here would hope this thread finally died, but reading your story I just thought I would post some ideas about how you might prevent things like this happening to you in future. It's good that your attitude is you have a nice girl in your life so all is good, because truly that sort of stuff is a lot more important than any car. But, considering what you went through, here's my $0.02

When you look at something like the bat sh*t and decide if someone else should fix it, decide there and then what you are prepared to accept as a solution. Write down everything, in a letter to the Dealer Principal, with the heading "WITHOUT PREJUDICE" (means you are not prevented from going them further legally if things don't get resolved) afer the Dear Mr Whoever ... Tell them clearly what you expect them to do, at their expense. Provide your contact details and the timeframe you are prepared to allow to them to resolve the issue (say 14 days or so)

Call them and tell them you want to speak to someone who handles product complaints, and write down the person's name / date / time and a diary note of what you said, and politely ask for their fax number and say you are sending them an explanation of your problem. Let them do all the work, to-and-fro and bulls*tting - all you want is confirmation they are on the job.

If they later responded to try to rely on the fine print saying bat sh*t is not covered, you would return another response explaining that when their representative outlined the benefits of the product you paid for, you like any reasonable person, assumed it gave protection from everyday mishaps and the exclusion of certain events was never made clear to you (that's assuming it wasn't) and you entered into the Agreement based on the advice of their representative. You also assumed the product would be 'fit for the purpose it is intended' - ie. protecting paintwork. Tell them you are offering them one further opportunity to correct the situation, will allow a further 5 working days for them to confirm they will resolve the issue at their expense, otherwise you will pass on the matter and all attached correspondence to the Department of Fair Trading to seek resolution. (Most claims under $5,000 can be settled quite easily and cheaply by making a small claim).

All of the above would have taken maybe 2 hours of your effort to more than likely arrive at the same resolution which took months to achieve. If you had signed something with exclusions on it, the Dept Of Fair Trading still leans massively on the side of the consumer if you appear to be reasonable.

The car sales industry, like any other industry with low margins where sales people are wholly or partly paid by commission, the consumer is a target for sales tactics to increase their earnings and improve the profit they make from dealing with you. Hence long-legged blonde chicks in short skirts selling you products because they are miraculously paint protection and window tint experts. Unfortunately when giving you a huge discount 'today only' on add-on products, they don't always remember to tell you the full facts about what they are selling you, even if they do know stuff like paint protection is a waste of time. (A friend is a panel beater with 20 years experience who works on prestige cars for collectors. He recommended Body-Fix Poly Brite which is a polymer sealant/wax, applied with some decent lint free cloth - whole lot costs about $40 for enough to last 20 or more treatments) is as good as any other treatment. I have done our Swift Sport twice in the last year and it still looks like new.

I used the site www.carbroker.com.au to compare quotes when I was buying, and their site includes links explaining exactly how the car sales industry works. Next time you are spending tens of thousands of your hard-earned's on a car, I'd suggest read up on that to be prepared about how you might be treated.

And I don't mean to say every individual in car sales is as described above. MSport a member on here for example was great to deal with, because he doesn't fit the mould of many of the others. I'd suggest talk to someone like him next time you're thinking of buying.

Glad you ended up with a new paint job ! Next time hopefully it won't take as much work on your part.

Cheers
Gomo

Thank you for your further input! I'll take into account everything you've said incase there is a second time coming :)
Haribolman

Gomo wrote:Thank you for your further input! I'll take into account everything you've said incase there is a second time coming :)
That's one second-coming I hope never arrives...
mc_konazz

When I saw your invite... i thought back to an article I read last week.... "Confessions of a Car Salesman"

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/ar ... ticle.html

Honestly... well worth the 9 page read for anyone interested in buying a car
0-100km/h in 5 minutes
Because of the douche bag in the over taking lane
tryhard

That was a good read :)

The car broker site info is a bit more pointed, and shorter :

http://www.carbroker.com.au/car-dealer- ... -scams.php - worth knowing these things exist and how they are used because it is most people's nature to assume everyone is there to be 'nice' :p
M15A

mc_konazz wrote:When I saw your invite... i thought back to an article I read last week.... "Confessions of a Car Salesman"

Took me the whole day but it sure made work interesting.

Didn't really illuminate too much though :)
mc_konazz

LOL... i read the first 6 pages at work as well... gotta love end of month... before the pump starts again from the 1st (*so many reports*)!!!
0-100km/h in 5 minutes
Because of the douche bag in the over taking lane
M15A

mc_konazz wrote:LOL... i read the first 6 pages at work as well... gotta love end of month... before the pump starts again from the 1st (*so many reports*)!!!
I'm a collections officer and thats when deliquency starts...

Pay your creditcards people!?! :lol:
Haribolman

mc_konazz wrote:When I saw your invite... i thought back to an article I read last week.... "Confessions of a Car Salesman"

Thanks for that! Reminded me of my experiences as a Real Estate salesman. The first company I worked for was owned by an ex-used car salesman. You can imagine what his tactics were like! We had similar pressures to those descirbed in the story. And he was a brilliant closer. He'd actually get people to buy houses they didn't want! Do you reckon he made many friends? It was all about money for him. I learnt a lot from him...a lot about how not to treat people!
Kristen

Hi Gomo, how's the bat poop now? :lol:
Gomo

:shock: going good now as I have a garage to store my car in these days :)
Gomo

Afternoon! Some sad news here!

The swift is being traded in on Thursday just over 217,000km on the clock! These days the wife was driving it, will be sad to see it go but it has a few problems other then paint protection these days

Head gasket has a leak got quoted $2000 to fix,
C02 sensor playing up (check engine light displayed have driven it for over 30,000km ) performance and fuel usage has suffered as a result.(probably another $1000)

I've been driving it again for the last few days as it's been a wonderful journey the past 9yrs! Will be sad to see the swift go..

Dealer has offered a small $1,500 trade in.. but if I sell privately I would have to fix the issues likely selling at a loss regardless to pass rwc.

The New car will be a Kia cerato 2.0l Hatch the dealership tried $2,500 paint protection package including inside protection I declined :)

Peace out! http://imgur.com/a/pPF8k
chaya

Thanks for informative share....keep updating.