It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 8:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I made some performance enquiries today.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:55 am
Posts: 46
Location: Melbourne
G'day all,
Ive been doing some research of late both on this forum and the english forum to see what mods can be done to the iggy to unleash some more grunt.
Conclusion is not much :(
There is a supercharger been developed in singapore which may be a little over the top for most,a Nos kit...ditto....and bugger all else it seems.

Today I spoke with Powerchip and Dynomite.Neither companies have ever modded a iggy sport,engine wise that is.
Powerchip made an offer of book it in and leave it with us for a day and they can sus out the Ecu,software and see if any gains can be had.For a price of 750-1k.So if anyone wants their iggy to be a test mule this is a opportunity.
Dynomite have played around with wheels and suspension but not the Ecu.Dion said he will do some research on a piggyback solution and get back to me.
Ive spent shitloads on modding cars so im not really wanting to be a guinea pig but if someone has done any tuning sucessfully to their iggy with no engine lights,oxy sensor dramas,rough idling,abs issues,etc and are based in melbourne id like to be informed.
Anyhow its still fun to drive,just thinking another 10kw would keep it well ahead of the new swift sport and perhaps tempt a few people to hang on to their iggy for longer.

Cheers
Con


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2469
Location: Melb
check out for new swift headers that will also fit the ignis. Also http://www.cuscoracing.com for suspension/bracing. LSD etc.

Im returning my ignis to standard so will have parts for sale. Kings/koni suspension, exhaust, s/s brakelines. The items will be exchange so comparitively cheap. Shockies have seen less than 2000km, break lines fitted in June. PM for details.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 17559
Location: ACT
Why not get a decent exhaust system, intake setup, and a piggy-back ECU to coax some extra power?

_________________
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:55 am
Posts: 46
Location: Melbourne
markymark wrote:
check out for new swift headers that will also fit the ignis. Also http://www.cuscoracing.com for suspension/bracing. LSD etc.

Im returning my ignis to standard so will have parts for sale. Kings/koni suspension, exhaust, s/s brakelines. The items will be exchange so comparitively cheap. Shockies have seen less than 2000km, break lines fitted in June. PM for details.


I checked out that website some nice parts but says nothing about ignis,how do you know they fit??

Not really interested in other parts at this stage im quite happy with the handling and stopping power,stepping down from commodores all is excellent apart from the grunt department.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:55 am
Posts: 46
Location: Melbourne
[YLD80Y] wrote:
Why not get a decent exhaust system, intake setup, and a piggy-back ECU to coax some extra power?


Well i changed the rear muffler and tailpipe for a sporty sound.After talking to Blitz exhaust i was advised not much grunt made from full exhaust especially in the dollar vs kw.

In my opinion i doubt the intake would yield much either,obviously people will say it feels faster but im too old for that,its dyno proof or track times that walk the talk.

Like i said in my 1st post Dynomotive is going to look into a piggy back for me but they have never done one.
Im interested if anyone has done one but doesnt seem like they have.

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2469
Location: Melb
Yellow-is wrote:
markymark wrote:
check out http://www.suzukisport.com.au for new swift headers that will also fit the ignis. Also http://www.cuscoracing.com for suspension/bracing. LSD etc.

Im returning my ignis to standard so will have parts for sale. Kings/koni suspension, exhaust, s/s brakelines. The items will be exchange so comparitively cheap. Shockies have seen less than 2000km, break lines fitted in June. PM for details.


I checked out that website some nice parts but says nothing about ignis,how do you know they fit??

Not really interested in other parts at this stage im quite happy with the handling and stopping power,stepping down from commodores all is excellent apart from the grunt department.


when you go to the cusco site, click on "Car/Part Fitment", the suzuki. the model number for the ignis is HT81S


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:55 am
Posts: 46
Location: Melbourne
markymark wrote:
Yellow-is wrote:
markymark wrote:
check out http://www.suzukisport.com.au for new swift headers that will also fit the ignis. Also http://www.cuscoracing.com for suspension/bracing. LSD etc.

Im returning my ignis to standard so will have parts for sale. Kings/koni suspension, exhaust, s/s brakelines. The items will be exchange so comparitively cheap. Shockies have seen less than 2000km, break lines fitted in June. PM for details.


I checked out that website some nice parts but says nothing about ignis,how do you know they fit??

Not really interested in other parts at this stage im quite happy with the handling and stopping power,stepping down from commodores all is excellent apart from the grunt department.


when you go to the cusco site, click on "Car/Part Fitment", the suzuki. the model number for the ignis is HT81S


Cheers,thanx for that :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group