It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 4:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: easy mods for ignis
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:55 pm 

hey guys i got an ignis 1.3 and im lookin for sum easy mods just to get it soundin n lookin a bit better. ive put all my system in so far n got a pair of ignis wheels but im just lookin for that but more. do u get much of a sound difference if u take of the intake resonator? or r u better of with a pod? if so is there anywhere u can get the piping for the pod? and cannon mufflers? yay or nah? just want u guys opinions
thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:54 am 

piping for a pod will needto be custom made, any exhaust shop will be able to bend it up.do s search there are a few different things people has done. just be aware it will suck in hot air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:33 pm 

For exterior mods colour coding is always good , most decent auto stores can make up paint , on your vin plate is the colour code for the vechile so its easy to get the exact same paint , things like mirror supports and side strips look so much better when the same colour as the rest of the vechile , it gives the car a smoother look.
Also painting the brake calipers improves the overall look.
Both mods are easy and cheap about $15 each for the cans of paint, the main thing is to take your time preparing and painting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:44 pm 

yer ill most definitely do little things like painting the callipers etc. and pod is on its way. im really in two minds about the cannnon. anyone know if the autotechnica ones r ok? i know they r cheap but i dnt wanna blow alot on it. the pea shooter its got atm reallt takes away from the rest of the car but i dnt want the cannon to annoy me n i dont wanna "choc up" the car too much. im even considering sum hardened springs to improve handling a bit. i appreciate ur feedback guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:27 pm 

I've got 1 of the autotechnica cannons on mine had it for about 2 years, haven't had any problems with the workmanship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:38 pm 

is it too loud? is it on just a standard exhaust? i dont want it to do my head in, would rather 1 that isnt too loud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:31 pm 

I removed the standard muffler and have pipe going straight to the cannon, so it uses the cannon as the muffler.
I'ts pretty loud like a wrx or skyline with a loud exhaust, and it's a droney on the hwy ( sits at about 4 grand doing 100 km ).
But it does make the car more responive and revs to the redline a lot eaiser than the stock system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:43 pm 

hrmmmm. can u just chuck the cannon onto the stock system? will u still get a nice note but not too loud or will it defeat the purpose n just be as quiet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:44 pm 

cheap mods for performance? $75 will get you a rear flange and a pressure bent pipe which will replace your current muffler. Your stock tip can be attached as well, for a stock look.

Think I'm joking? Well I'm not :D

I thought I'd try something different for a change from my suzukisport straight through muffler. So at the moment I have one resonator in the front pipe...and just a whole lot of pipe lol

sounds like a rally car, it certainly is awesome.

i just slept for two hours, but my ears are still ringing...and that was just the drive home from the city 8)

BNR34 GTR V-Spec

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:53 am 

Quote:
$75 will get you a rear flange and a pressure bent pipe which will replace your current muffler. Your stock tip can be attached as well, for a stock look.

Think I'm joking? Well I'm not Very Happy

I thought I'd try something different for a change from my suzukisport straight through muffler. So at the moment I have one resonator in the front pipe...and just a whole lot of pipe lol

I tried out replacing the rear muffler on my IS with just a mandrel bent length of pipe.
It was so loud, I immediately replaced it with a perforated (not louvred) 'sports' muffler.It still had the meaty 'rally car' sound,but quieter and bearable to live with. :)

Post subject: Re: easy mods for ignis
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:41 am 

hi there me also driving a ignis 1.3 but from singapore ...have done some mod to it maybe this will help as i see changes in my car

1. 4-2-1 header
2.Decat
3.operated muffler
4.Lighten pully.

maybe u will like to try unchip that will max out all the mod u have :)
ignisboy wrote:
hey guys i got an ignis 1.3 and im lookin for sum easy mods just to get it soundin n lookin a bit better. ive put all my system in so far n got a pair of ignis wheels but im just lookin for that but more. do u get much of a sound difference if u take of the intake resonator? or r u better of with a pod? if so is there anywhere u can get the piping for the pod? and cannon mufflers? yay or nah? just want u guys opinions
thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:52 pm 

kinda lookin for just cheap ad on mods if ya no wat i mean. im kinda broke atm. wats the best way to run a metal pipe for my pod? if anyone has pics id apereciate it. and im seriously contemplating a autotechina cannon but im worried it might be too loud. does anyone know nefin bout how i can make it not too loud without a silencer coz they look s**t. thnkz guys