It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: I'm coming out the closet , i have a secret
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:12 pm 

For some time i have posted on redline and have not openly announced that i work for Suzisport (ouch that hurt) Springwood because of the stigma that is attached to us from some of the members of the "franchise" have given us. Only a handfull of redline members actually know who i work for and i was quite happy to stay pretty much anonymous but i am writing this post to come out in the open and dispel a few myths.

First of all thank you dave and dan for setting people straight from the get go. also thanks for the kind words from 57UFU in the other post.

6 years ago when i started at Suzisport i did see a lot of dodgy parts coming through , which we bought as part of a deal as being a part of the group , i cant recall how many times ive done warranty jobs in the past because of ill fitting or ill working parts (and often replacing them with the same part and hoping for the best), or parts that just failed because of the quality , but things have changed , not only have the parts changed but also the work that we have outsourced has changed if the quality wasnt up to scratch , right down to the people who grind our crankshafts , we simply just changed to a more reputable supplier or workshop.

These days all engines we build use , and all we will supply to our customers, is ACL pistons ring and bearings , we can also supply the equivalent in MAHLE which is the racing division of ACL. Other products we sell are also of the same quality and fully guaranteed and if you have a problem with a part we sell we shall sort out/rectify the problem and not fob you off. If we discover a problem with an aftermarket part we sell we just simply do not buy that particular item again/ or distribute that item on to our customers.

Now im not writing this post to say , buy our part or use our service , as the people who know me here know im not here to advertise or sell our products (s**t i have made a dozen vernier timing gears that are sitting in a box at work that id love to unload , the same gears that are on tjmgti's 128hp n/a swift!) lol . Im not even here to say im the best mechanic in the world that i should work on your car (because we all know that is dmwdave) , so what am i here for.... (i forgot) ohh yeah thats right ,please dont tarnish us with the same brush!
So feel free to buy your products where you buy them or get your car repaired where you do (because to be honest we have work pouring out our ears without any advertising at all!)

Thank you for your time
Suzisport Springwood Dave (ouch that didnt hurt so much)

This advertisement was sponsored by:
ACL
Peter Waggot cams
Crankshaft engineering
King Springs
Boge
Whiteline
Yum Cha racing parts <ps this is a joke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:40 am 

G'day mate

I work 4 a dealership and was wondering how we go about gettin a listin of parts that u sell so we can then go sell?

RG415 T1
RS416 T1
RS415 T2
SF413 DOHC
Suzuki Mechanic

Post subject: Shop
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:01 am 

Is that Springwood Shop part of Derek's organisation or seperate ???

Part of the elite R.G.A.A.E Squad.
Sponsored By Snapper Engineering

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:26 am 

Hey, Nomad .. glad you did that cause I'd much rather go down to you guys than the Northside, where you get parts that don't fit, an attitude that is really "take it - get over it - go away"!!!!!!!!!
I will also pm you for a part, cause if I ask you I know I'll get the right one the first time :D

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:31 am 

Waggott Cams are top shelf. Mine ran for 40,000kms and did 14 or 15 events and still looked as they did when they came out of the box. The finish was superb and there was no roughness on the edges of the lobes like you often get with some other manufacturers.

Flutterbi, I sure can identify with that Northside issue. I bought a few parts from Springwood, such as a throttle cable and gearbox mount, etc, and never had any issues with supply or price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:36 pm 

Suzuki_mechanic wrote:
G'day mate

I work 4 a dealership and was wondering how we go about gettin a listin of parts that u sell so we can then go sell?

Dont you already buy your parts from Suzuki and get a good discount being a dealership ?

snapper wrote:
Is that Springwood Shop part of Derek's organisation or seperate ???

we are atm part of the suzisport chain of shops but we arent owned by derek , we are an independant store that trades under the Suzisport name, sometime in the next six months we will be changing our name.

flutterbi - pm replied to

OzMidnight , yes Peter Waggot cams are very good , once upon a time we used ivan tighe , and we had a small problem once which they denied to admit fault (they ground the intake profile on the exhaust cam and vice versa) . We use Waggot cams in all our performance jobs now and even if you have a question or an issue (which ive only had questions not issues) you call Waggots and what do you know Peter Waggot himself answers the phone and gives you the info , he is a very smart man and always seems happy to help out .

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:15 pm 

Maybe 15 years ago I bought a cam from Tighe for a 2 litre Nissan, quality was decent. About 10 years ago, I bought another for another car, the quality seemed to have deteriorated over the first one I bought. The lobe finish was not quite as good and the edges looked poorly trimmed. In comparison, the Waggott cams were great. Saw another set of Tighe cams more recently and felt the finish was not as good so it was not a once-off. Lots of people use them with no issues but I just preferred the machining of Waggott's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:20 pm 

Thats good to hear. I just ordered a set of pistons from Suzisport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:46 pm 

boondogle wrote:
Thats good to hear. I just ordered a set of pistons from Suzisport.

:lol: Yeah, but which SuziSport? It has already been said that the pistons on the website are different to the ones stocked at the store being discussed in this thread!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:43 pm 

Hahahaha , thats so funny , i really laughed hard for a good minute...
Although if its the same person we did get an order this arvo for some pistons.

To be honest i dont care where they buy it from but if they are "YUM CHA"(lol) , dont come crying to me.

Ps: im still having a chuckle..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:36 am 

I ordered them from Suzisport Pty Ltd 10 Hayward ST Stafford
Derek Harvey derek at suzisport.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:02 am 

:lol: Hmm, your next purchase might be from here:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:47 am 

oh oh :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:47 am 

Suzisport in Springwood hey... you probably worked on my car about a year ago lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:20 pm 

They sell any barbed wire canoes at s**t creek paddle shop brayden ?

Shaun sorry mate one black gti looks like another to me , what did we do? wouldnt happen to be the one i fitted the suzitech enlarged throttle body and afm that you supplied that i was largely unimpressed with would it .

Nice to meet you in the flesh finally Chris and im assuming neo ? that looks like some nasty welding around that tear on your rear sway bar , i have a mig and do some really nice welding if you need me to repair it , from what i saw it looked like it had been repaired before and failed due to inadequate penetration (possibly by a arc welder looking at the welds)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:11 pm 

[YLD80Y] wrote:
:lol: Hmm, your next purchase might be from here:

Laugh My Ass Off Thats brilliant! :lol: :lol:

bigmac_gti: its not how you race your car, but how you stand beside it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:53 pm 

daves my homie and i can vouch for him. I gotta grab a few parts from you too when im down there. Sinkin piss and skiding the van!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:10 pm 

no worries Rhys , i hope you can keep up to me , sinking piss and skids hahaha , although i doubt you'll be doing any skids after the trouble you had to get your gearbox back in your car , lol

Edit : i found 4 diffs under the building during a cleanup so i wont be short , hehehehe

Post subject: Re: I'm coming out the closet , i have a secret
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:46 am 

I am having some serious trouble dealing with the Nth Brisbane Suzisport store. I've been waiting 3 wks now for a set of HT leads for my Gti. I have rung them numerous times. Been told that a set has been sent but Aust Post 2 wks ago. Still havent got them. I think they are telling fibbs.

How hard is it to get a set of leads fucking hell.

Post subject: Re: I'm coming out the closet , i have a secret
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:04 am 

Go to your local Auto pro and you can have a set made up with in a week. You can have your own choice of colour and size.

It cost me $160 for a yellow 8.8mm set and was able to pick them up the next day after ordering. Couldn't be happier.

Growly Cam Gears
SR20DE Throttle Body
Gtaye Performance Chip