It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:48 pm 

Welcome to RedlineGTi newbie!
If you'd like, tell us a bit about yourself, where you live, and about your car by posting in this thread.

You can also give us a bit of feedback on how you found RedlineGTi, and what you think of the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:49 pm 

hahahaha this thread is great! I'll start then.

Hi, I'm Matt. I drive a Suzuki. Some people say that they have a Suzuki, but in reality it's a Ford. They like drugs...

But seriously, I live on the Westside (Respect) of Brisbane in a lil suburb called Bellbowrie. My car is a '89 GTi and is slowly being done up whenever I find cash to do things. Oh yeah, I like soccer. And I like the ladies :wink: but not the moles! (no offence to any moles reading this)

I found out about this site by searching google. Found ssgti.com first and was pleased with what I saw so I went out and bought a GTi then found this site. Since being on here I have found a new love in internet forums. The people on here are all so very helpful and other forums just don't compare. I don't know how I'd get through the day without seeing a bump of Pauls' car, or a new username from WOGGTI/whatever he has these days *Coin wipes tear from eye*

Good on you all for having such a good community that I literally visit like 5 times a day 8)

Peace out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:17 am 

I reckon this will be a pretty sweet thread for ppl to introduce themselves and let others know about the mods they've done to their Swifts (only if you want to of course :D ). And since I never really introduced myself in the first place here goes...\/

real nickname: Panda (wupanda is for internet logins)

car: 1990 Suzuki Mk2 Swift GTi (Navy Blue) also my first car

performance mods: K&N pod filter, underdrive pulley, GrpN Chip, BD14 spec. camshafts, adjustable cam gears; [realistically prob 90hp@wheels; G-Teched low 16's @ 87-92mph for 1/4 & mid 8's for 0-60mph]

aesthetic exterior/interior mods: none, can't afford it yet

ice: not really worth mentioning; entry level Kenwood sub + Cadence amp both 200Wrms

cars I'd actually prefer over SSGTi but can't afford :lol: : series V rx7, r32/r34 skyline GTR, BMW M3 CSL, Porsche 911 GT2 + a whole lot more but im happy with the Swift so its all good...

but anyway back to reality. think i found redlinegti through google or teamswift.net but yeah this is a great community to be in so yeah keep up the good work, gotta keep the Suzis alive!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:47 pm 

Hmmm.. names Peter or Pero. just a tafe student at the moment do a lil work here and there, nothing casual though. i live in nsw - wollongong.

Use to own a gti, but now it got sold :) hope to still come to some cruises with the next car maybe :)

lost little girl.

Last edited by sw@t on Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Who am i?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:07 pm 

Hey, call me Shadow (u wouldnt believe my real name)
I live on the gold coast and go to uni at griffith uni.
Lookin to buy a gti, soonest. Got on to redline cause i was trying to find somewhere to buy one and someone on the Suzisport site mentioned this site. Love the gti, i think they're great. Dunno how i'll fit my board in it, anyone know if it's a huge hassle to pull that back seat right out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:48 pm 

the back seats can fold down to a degree... i would re-consider ripping them out when you get a gti :)

lost little girl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:13 pm 

My name is mark.......

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:08 pm 

waylow wrote:
My name is mark.......

:P

NO.....
really??

Shadow you should come to BWCP on a Saturday and meet the qld guys they might be able to line up a gti for ya?
Neway im Michael and im an Alcoholic.....nah
Yeah im Marks pain in the arse brother i most probably be looking to buy a gti in the next few years :D
Great thread YLDBOY =D>
Michael

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:30 pm 

How did i miss this thred?.

[YLD80Y] wrote:
Welcome to RedlineGTi newbie!

Thanks you :D .

My name is Andy & liv in the ACT, I would say that my car is ful sick :shock: with a touch of rice :lol: .

My swift is a 93 & now has a funny colour, sort of green white & purple :roll: :lol: .

Performance mods: yes i have some & still working on more.

ICE : JVC, Infinity & Alpine.

I found out about the site when Sam "shanghi'd" a work mate in to a swift cruise, anyway he told me blah ect......

This site is the best swift site on the NET, tell your other GTi friends, the more members the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:56 pm 

hi, my name is taha n i live in karachi, pakistan.
i recently bought an 87 model 2 door cultus. it was powered by a 1.0 carb motor but have swapped it with a 1.3 8 valve carbed motor. faced a few problems though but thank god they r gone and the motor will be cranked today
otha than that i am currently trying hard to finish off with my elongated educational tenure n start earning.
have been a member of the team swift forum for quite some time so thought of becoming a member here as well after learning about this site.
hope to enjoy n learn about suzukis while am here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:09 pm 

hi my name is Rob and I love to hate my car...

I'm 21 live in perth WA, and have had my swift for around 3years now.

my cino has been off the road for 2years and about 3 weeks now..

around 2 years ago i found out that when redlining 3rd you SHOULD NOT change into 2nd the hard way.... lol

monies been the main problm the fact that me, my son and girlfriend started to build a house around 2years and about 4 weeks ago means that we havent had the mony to finish my cino to GTI transformantin.

but in the last 3 weeks i've got and payed for all the parts and now its just a time factor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:13 pm 

Hi yall my name is craig, 25 yrs old and i am an electrician
I live in adelaide at port noarlunga south.
below is a pic of me and my ride

i love goin out and meeting people, and I love to drive my GTi, just ask anyone in adelaide :D 8)

Post subject: RUBBERBURNER
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:23 am 

Hi,I'm Barry from Holland,27 years,drove a swift GS'91 as first car,and the last 2 years a 1995 GTi .
Changed realy alot on the car,turbo'd it myself and putted a bodykit on it .Made everything myself.
In 2002 I've bought him like this:
And now :

For more pics,look at my homepage below . :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:01 pm 

Sweet ride RUBBERBURNER!

Okay. I probably should have done this ages ago.

Nick: Shnez
I live around Newy somewhere and when i eventually get my P's, you'll see me riding in my black 95 Gti, with no tints, heaps of scratches and gay purple calipers.

Yes, at the moment I am only 16, but will be a yr older in March. I have my L's and am scared to drive my swiddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:47 pm 

MY name is Tim
come from NSW and lived in Canberra for a while so i know some of the canberra people. Now livin in Melb.
This is a pic off my car.

Post subject: Swifty_GTi
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:59 pm 

Hey every1,

Name: Nicolas
Born: ArgentinA :!:
Live: St. Clair, Penrith 8) The West Side, not like our uptight Eastern neighbours :roll: <-Jokes :P
Car: bought my car Christmas Eve '03 for $6K. Its a '91 MK2 Swift wif about 136K on the clock. started by putting those 3spoke racing wheels a leb friend kindly "picked" up for me :wink: Basic interior work, checkered mats, AXS covers and pads, TypeR Racing Pedals, blacklite neons, MOMO steering wheel, etc. Added XRacing Veilside frontbar, hopefully soon to be lowered and new wheels (17" Chrome :twisted: )
Sound: Loud 12" Sony Explode, Pioneer h/d, stacker, Kicker and Audison Amps, 2x 6", and splits.
Career Poor 1st year uni student :cry: going to Kingswood UWS studying B. of Information Technology :roll:
Site: Great Site, spend most my net time on it just reading threads. can't compare this site to Hot4s and FastFours, this is just a whole alot better :D good work guys :!: :!: :!:

First pic is of me. im the 1 in the brown jumper :wink:
Second pic is how it is now :) more work still needing to be done thou 8)
Third pic is interior atm.

Last edited by Swifty_GTi on Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Hi All!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:27 am 

Got onto this site through a friend at work who owns a '92Gti and after a couple of lifts from him i just had to get one myself, and start that evil upgrade/power path(that the missus is still pissed about, at least she wont drive the thing).

Anyway about me i live SthSide Brisbane MtGravatt, 28yrs(damn i feel old) and the car i bought was a '89Gti with Veilside front bar and basically stock except the trumpet for an exhaust. Since installed half of my stero upgrade, but since going through these forums and teamswift forums the power bug needs to be fixed.

Thanks for the welcome

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:05 pm 

hi guys i'm a member of the ukswift club and thought i would look about about for other sites and came across this one so thought i'd sign up

when i get my pics uploaded i'll post them on here to see what you all think

anyways my name is Darryl and just thought i'd say HI :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:18 am 

Hello All
My name is liz or libby (i like libby) well i own a swift ga and i live in melbourne im short on cash but so badley want to do up my ride i have started and the stero is finshed and same as the interior, all i need to do is get the body kit and new motor but i will get there in the end. So hello all :wink:

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:15 pm 

Hi :D

Name is Neil - most ppl call me neo. From up in downtown Brisvegas.

I have just finished rebuilding a 1988 GTi. Nice Red in colour. The motor rebuild etc alone was near 4k. Anyway - looking at doing lots more to it .. love the car drives like the old Morris Cooper S - but much better and more comfortable. I am an older guy - most call this vehicle - my mid-life crisis... but it it safer way to enjoy cruising now i am getting too old for the bikes. The car is probably known by others in the club as it has been around awhile from what I gather etc. 8)

Anyway hope to catch a few others of the Qld'ers on a cruise sometime.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next