It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: GTI '93 nugget
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:44 am 

My cousin texted me and asked if I wanted a gti swift - which I always have. So one eager discussion with my girlfriend and a quick ponder of what I can sell later, I'm now a proud owner of a rough little gti.

My brother has a k11 micra and he signed up for the nugget nationals down in Melborne this year. My original plan was to get in the racing seat with him but this opportunity to go head to head with my twin brother in our own little jap nuggets was too good to pass up!

Anyone else running in the nugget nationals this year? It will be my first time on the track too, can't wait.

Here's the original photo:

Attachments:
File comment: The little nugget
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.02 MiB | Viewed 56 times ]

Post subject: Re: GTI '93 nugget
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:20 am 

Welcome to the club mate, I haven't heard of the Nugget Nationals but sounds like a blast! I'll be watching your thread to see how you progress with your build. Good luck... I think the Micra (and your brother) should be worried

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:41 pm 

Tassie_mk1 wrote:
Welcome to the club mate, I haven't heard of the Nugget Nationals but sounds like a blast! I'll be watching your thread to see how you progress with your build. Good luck... I think the Micra (and your brother) should be worried

Thanks man! Yeah I hope he's worried, it's likely he's not coz I think he's a bit quicker than I am. But hey, maybe that will even out the handicap!

I saw you're from tazzie too, I havent been down there yet and it's at the very top of my todo list. I'll try being the swift down and you can show me some
Awesome roads!

Attachments:
File comment: It had some slightly deeper than surface rust on the underside so that had to be cleaned up for blueslip with a weld and some chip guard by my cousins friend.
IMG_3831.JPG
IMG_3831.JPG [ 327.48 KiB | Viewed 47 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:55 am 

Bigfixie wrote:
Tassie_mk1 wrote:
I saw you're from tazzie too, I havent been down there yet and it's at the very top of my todo list. I'll try being the swift down and you can show me some
Awesome roads!

If you are ever down this way feel free to shoot me a message on here as i'm always happy to show people some of the great driving roads down here.

Good luck with the build

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:53 pm 

She's Alive!

Last edited by Bigfixie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 pm 

She's up and running and has done 2 nugget nationals runs now! Curtis (derived from Cultis - the Japanese name for the suzuki Swifts) has travelled down to Winton with a full set of spare rims and tool sets and back twice without skipping a beat!
See https://nuggetnationals.wordpress.com/ - im the only gti swift owner that has ever competed in it! Bring on the GTi Owners! :) Hopefully a better driver than me can take the championship - @silverfox?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:44 am 

Awesome work mate! Sounds like a blast! =D>