It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:20 am 

Hi everyone my name is Aaron from the USA I have owned six Suzuki Swift Gt-i's. But sold the last one a few years ago. I just recently decided to get back into these cars and start a build project. I am converting a Swift shell from LHD to RHD and joined up in hopes of getting the hard to find RHD bits and all the info I need.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:30 pm 

Hey Peoples. Im Andrew I live in Armidale NSW I just picked up a 96 model GTi pretty bog stock except mags it needs some work but its registered and rust free. Last year i stupidly swapped a 98 GTi for a commodore ute to help a mate out really and the bug got me cause i swapped the ute for the current GTi and have no intentions of parting with this one. I also have an old datto 1200 wagon project. I like walks on the beach and candle lit dinners, Pffft HA HA Not. This site has some useful info/advice and hopefully i can score some bits and converse with other swift lovers while im hangin on here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:04 pm 

hi every one my name is James, i just joined in the hope to meet fellow Suzuki lovers and get advise, help, and hopefully some parts along the way, i recently bought my 1990 GTi from an existing member although i cant remember what he goes by on the forums, needs a few little things but all in all this car is immaculate. hope to make some friends, cheers.

Attachments:
File comment: my suki
suki 2.jpg
suki 2.jpg [ 79.78 KiB | Viewed 190 times ]
File comment: my suki
suki.jpg
suki.jpg [ 108.1 KiB | Viewed 176 times ]

1990 Suzuki Swift GTi

1987 Holden Commodore VL SL (granny spec garage queen)

Im a fool for 80's styling in cars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:16 pm 

Welcome James, Nice looking mk2 there. Don't see many black ones and the white wheels set it off nicely 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:58 am 

Hello,
My name is thomas and i live in Germany. =D>
I built a 4wd EA swift for racing.
I would drive hill race and car slalom races in Germany and Austria.
I bought the Pesch Body kit. The problem was the quality. The surfaces weren´t good but the gaps are good. Sry my english isn´t perfect... but i try..

Regards
Thomas

Attachments:
IMG_20150704_161744 (480x640).jpg
IMG_20150704_161744 (480x640).jpg [ 41.26 KiB | Viewed 3908 times ]

Last edited by Swift4wdgti on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:28 pm 

Sorry just posted a WTB and forgot my forum etiquette.

I'm a Sydney kid who grew up going to high school in the 1990s.

A swift GTI was always one of the dream cars back in the day however I never bought one. I got the speed bug and went to Evos and WRXs.

I saw a white GTI the other day at Kellyville Plaza and it looked in good nick. It reminded me why I had liked them in the first place.

Now I've set myself the near impossible task of findings an immaculate collector quality GTI. Do they even exist?

Stu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:00 pm 

squinlan wrote:
Sorry just posted a WTB and forgot my forum etiquette.

I'm a Sydney kid who grew up going to high school in the 1990s.

A swift GTI was always one of the dream cars back in the day however I never bought one. I got the speed bug and went to Evos and WRXs.

I saw a white GTI the other day at Kellyville Plaza and it looked in good nick. It reminded me why I had liked them in the first place.

Now I've set myself the near impossible task of findings an immaculate collector quality GTI. Do they even exist?

Stu

Ive only seen one and he plans to drive the wheels off it hahaha only had like 4000kms on it when I saw it !!!

And welcome to Gti heaven pal anything you need to know can be found here

Enjoy

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 93.59 KiB | Viewed 172 times ]

CONVO RACING

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:01 pm 

I found another pic of the above mentioned one

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 59.26 KiB | Viewed 178 times ]

CONVO RACING

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:40 pm 

Hey guys Im Jeb I live in brissi I just bought a 1994 gti fairly worked

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:53 pm 

Hey guys Im Jeb I live in brissi I just bought a 1994 gti fairly worked

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:06 am 

ello my name is Juan'm from Argentina and currently have a mod 95 SS GTi !! I apologize if my English is not good, but I hope to make myself understood.
greetings to all.

Attachments:
WP_20150612_003.jpg
WP_20150612_003.jpg [ 1.42 MiB | Viewed 175 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:07 am 

Nice car mate. Your English is good so far! Enjoy your time here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:57 pm 

Hi all I'm will from Derby I'm 33 well actually I'm 34 and 2 hours lol,

My project is a 1995 justy 1.3 awd, had a few cars in my time but I fell in love with with this one :D I have just acquired a gti dohc with a jimney 16b bottom end vitara Pistons sealed dizzy webers and hill climb cams just need some advice on fitting also have gti block with low comp Pistons tdo4 turbo but it's in pieces lol ;l have read some very interesting threads on here so thought I would give it a go as the bottom end is gone in the original 8v it's still driving but only a matter of time and also tone mot is up #-o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:56 pm 

hello guy's and girl's,
I finally got myself a gti after 5yrs for searching :D
It need a lot of work to bring it back on the road, as it needs everything to be fixed
for electrical to rust and wheels/types.

I have had mf barina's in the past and I still have a 3door witch is going to be a parts run about,
while I fix the Gti. The build thread can be found on TEAMSWIFT for the barina.
I'm not sure what route to take with this one,
any suggestion would be awesome, anything from body mods to performance mods. your input would be great :)

Attachments:
$_12c.jpg
$_12c.jpg [ 43.53 KiB | Viewed 3594 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:32 pm 

Hey guys I'm just new here. Looking to buy a GTI to have a little fun in.
Hie you meat some of you and get to learn nor about the great Swift GTI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:41 pm 

Hi all, names Nathan, 35 year old from Ipswich, recently we purchased a 2007 Suzuki SX4 sedan but my loving wife decided to say that I can have her 1993 holden swift ( yes its a golden barina but as far as I concerned it's a Suzuki swift with a set of Holden badge's on it), she has basically told me "do what you want with it" as she feels more at home in the SX4. Previous cars we have owned have all been Mitsubishi's apart from one Isuzu so I am sort of new to the Suzuki thing, it's growing on me,

So far list of mods are........ Nothing as yet lol car is stock as a rock (well both cars are really)

But future mods for the swift are anything and everything to make it handle like a go kart

The SX4 will remain stock......... For now

Suzuki, The New Way Of Life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:15 am 

Hello everyone :D
I want to introduce my Suzuki Swift mk5 saloon/sedan(i dont know how you call it here) 2002 year with G13BB engine. This car was bought brand new by my uncle.
Im from Poland and its a little bit hard to find something to tune this car, i hope you will help mi with changing couple things to make this car better or/and faster. Can someone tell me in which section should i ask about modifing my car?
And here is my exhaust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV2oCyNEIRI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:13 pm 

Hi all....im Matty, from Adelaide

Daily is 92 MH Barina 5 door, been in the family 15+ years. Ive had it 6 months and all ive done is add Mk3 GTi seats, lowered it, put some rad old school 13" mags on it and deleted the rear muffler just to make it look less grandpa. Motor already had a set of extractors and a k&n filter when i got it, plus Dad had added a GTi tacho dash and steering wheel.
She's starting to get a bit tired on the engine side of things, so ive picked up a donor car to start my G13B conversion. Plan is to not go too crazy with it, clean, simple, but still reasonably quick (and by the sounds of things thats easy to achieve).

If i need to go really fast, i just grab the other half's Evo X and break the speed of sound hahaha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:22 pm 

Bomber from Rockhampton, QLD.

I picked up a 94 Barina to use for dirt motorkhana/khanacross for $150 about 18 months ago, but I F**ng hate Barinas so quickly rebadged it as a swift (removed the barina badges and wrote suzuki and swift on the back with a texta)

By pure ass myself and the car are actually the current Australian champions in the class we run in, the Aus championships were only a six hour drive or so away so I went and was the only entrant in the class (class A) haha.

Honestly when picking up the car I expected to get 2-3 meets out of it before it died, but its copped an absolute thrashing and still going strong so im slowly going through fixing a few things up atm, as well as putting some braces in and the like. Bent the s**t out of the lower radiator support panel last weekend when I came off a jump a bit hot and promptly landed on the jacking point there so will likely cut it out and fab up a tube section to go in there.

Mate gave me a mk1 GTI engine, gearbox loom and ECU that will find its way in tehre soon.

Reading through the FAQ atm trying to find relevant info, but will probably have a few dumb questions in the meantime.

Heres a vid I slammed together from the nationals, she direly needs a bit more hp and the tyres I had on the tarmac section were ridiculously s**t, but oh well enjoy haha.

https://youtu.be/ngQCD14GmjE

Anyway, peace out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:18 pm 

Found a pick from last Sunday :D

Attachments:
swift airborn.jpg
swift airborn.jpg [ 64.28 KiB | Viewed 81 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next