It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Ignis Sport body kit removal
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:24 pm 

Hi guys, I'm a new here and new Ignis owner as I've scored my older Sister's old 2003 Ignis, for free!
I don't have my licence yet (I'm 16) so want to do it up a little as it looks a bit too 'guurly' for my liking. I have been offered a full Sport body kit if I can remove it myself. I need any help and advice on how it's attached, what to do, what not to do, etc as I don't want to stuff it up.

Are the front/rear flares glued on? How do you undo the roof spoiler at the back? Any tips and tricks from anyone who has removed the body kit would be awesome.

It's a 2 door in like a sea blue. Was there just the one blue for the 2000-2004 Ignis?

Post subject: Re: Ignis Sport body kit removal
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:33 pm 

your going to find that sport kit will not fit straight up to factory ignis, the flare gaurds front and rear on sports are held in by clips that are mounted in holes on factory metal panels will need to drill then to fit, unsure about mounting front and rear bar, the rear wing will fit stock ignis just need to drill holes in boot lid. I think your going to but a lot of effort into it and probly still not like right.

Good luck with it if you decide to go ahead with it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:19 pm 

Thanks suzi sports24. Is it just round holes that needs to be drilled to bigger size? Doubt it would be. What exactly needs to be done?
Apart from the clips, are all the flares glued on? Or is it just the clips?

Both cars are blue but not sure if 2000-2004 Ignis came in the one blue. If it's the same blue, am I better off removing and fitting the entire front guard? Can anyone confirm if there was just one blue for Ignis/Ignis Sport?

Is this swap not something anyone here has done not before? Has anyone removed and re-fitted the Sport body kit that can offer more advice?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:19 pm 

you will need to drill new holes on rear panels to mount flare, front would be better if you can hands on sport gaurds complete as they will have holes already, flares are just clipped on, no glue.
I don't know of anyone that has swapped the kit onto non sport iggy.
if your on facebook search ignis sports owners club. its uk based but I'm quite active on there (one of the admins) with helping people with iggy issues. make a post and tag Rowan Turner in it and i'll upload photos of the flares and mounting locations. (its to hard resize photos on redline cause I'm lazy)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:31 pm 

Found some images on the net just now of the Sport flares and side skirt.

Looking at those pics, I'm thinking I will need to drill the very outside holes onto the standard body. :| Wonder if 3M Panel Bond where the clips would go would do the trick instead?