It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: M18A engine into iggy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:53 am 

Hi peeps,

New in this forum. I just bought a M18A engine with gearbox and ecu from a suzuki liana from japan. I am current driving a iggy sport with stock motor. I have read up abit in this forum about the M18A but still have some doubts that hope bros who did the conversion would share.

A comparison of M15A vs M18A (i will be using emanage ultimate to manage the engine)

1) which gearbox should i use? Stock iggy with 4.2FD or the one from M18A?
2) is the clutch assembly for the M18A same as M15A or M16A?
3) which intake manifold should i use? Is the M16A intake manifold from swift sport higher flow then the M18A?
4) which exhaust header provides a better flow? Stock iggy or M18A?
5) what are the possible ways to increase the engine compression for the M18A?

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: M18A engine into iggy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:21 pm 

I believe gearbox from m18a is stronger then m15a but does have different final drive ratios.
Monster sport built m15a with there 1.8lt bore kit and fitted m18a intake manifold as it flowed better.
unsure about clutch and exhaust manifold.
To increase compression easy way would be to have head removed and machined down or see if monster sport has a thin head gasket to fit.

the motor will just bolt in same location and gearbox but ignis uses clutch cable and liana box uses slave cylinder? so may have be easier to fit ht81s flywheel, clutch and gearbox to m18a block? more research into that area would be needed. could use factory intake and exhaust manifolds as should bolt up easy.

Post subject: Re: M18A engine into iggy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:11 pm 

Hi thanks for your feedbacks.

Any idea if the M18A is has a tighter gear ratio or the same? there is not much information on the net regard this technical issues except from users who have done the mod.

In short, which is a better gearbox for ignis sport? original box or M18A box?

i have a spare M16A intake manifold from swift sport. will that be a better manifold compared to the M18A?

suzi sports24 wrote:
I believe gearbox from m18a is stronger then m15a but does have different final drive ratios.
Monster sport built m15a with there 1.8lt bore kit and fitted m18a intake manifold as it flowed better.
unsure about clutch and exhaust manifold.
To increase compression easy way would be to have head removed and machined down or see if monster sport has a thin head gasket to fit.

the motor will just bolt in same location and gearbox but ignis uses clutch cable and liana box uses slave cylinder? so may have be easier to fit ht81s flywheel, clutch and gearbox to m18a block? more research into that area would be needed. could use factory intake and exhaust manifolds as should bolt up easy.