It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Rear Brake Pads...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:32 pm 

Raising the dead a little here, but I was surprised to find that Bendix didn't list a front pad for the Ignis Sport.. after a bit of a treasure hunt I think I have found a part number:

EBC DP21344
EBC DP1344
Bendix DB1674

Be warned, I haven't bought/fitted them yet, but cross referencing with EBC part numbers seems to suggest that it is the right number.

I also have the DBA front disc part number (DBA523), but need the rear.... if anyone has it, I would greatly appreciate it! (closest I can find is an EBC number)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:36 pm 

I was able to get project mu pads for the Ignis. If you need details send me a pm.

IPRA MK3 Gti ~ Mallala 19/11/11 1:23.5915
Sponsored by
Autosport ~ Velo Seats ~ Morpowa Dyno Centre ~ Diamond Concrete Finishers & Polishers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:17 pm 

I just use EBC Greenstuff pads all round, more track oriented Yellowstuff pads are also available for the Ignis Sport. I ended buying a full set of pads, plus slotted rotors from the UK cheaper than what they would cost here. Also picked up a set of HEL braided lines from the UK cheaply, there are street legal here, just have to emphasize to them that the rears have banjo bolts, not straight bolt ons as the first set sent to me were for the rear drum brake Ignis (were advertised for the sport), all bought off ebay.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:56 pm 

igsport wrote:
I just use EBC Greenstuff pads all round, more track oriented Yellowstuff pads are also available for the Ignis Sport. I ended buying a full set of pads, plus slotted rotors from the UK cheaper than what they would cost here. Also picked up a set of HEL braided lines from the UK cheaply, there are street legal here, just have to emphasize to them that the rears have banjo bolts, not straight bolt ons as the first set sent to me were for the rear drum brake Ignis (were advertised for the sport), all bought off ebay.

Got a link for the discs? and did you get rears?

Getting close to 200,000 and pads are close to wear indicator.. expecting to have to replace the discs at the same time.

I can get the pads for front and rear locally (Bendix) for ~$170 total.. not sure EBC is going to be cheaper shipped from the UK.. but happy to be shown otherwise :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:02 am 

Here's an ebay link, front Greenstuffs for a tad over $100 delivered, rears about $110 delivered. We get reamed on pricing here in Oz.
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.Xignis+sport+greenstuff&_nkw=ignis+sport+greenstuff&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Regarding front rotors, I purchased these, they gave been on my ignis for over a year now with no issues, haven't done the rears, they still had meat on them them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ignis-1-5-Sport-257mm-Front-Drilled-Grooved-Brake-Discs-/290991415945?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c070a289&_uhb=1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:19 pm 

Ended up getting Bendix

Bendix DB1674 - Front
Bendix DB1671 - Rear

Both in stock at Autobarn and the rears were a cancelled special order so got them for $50 :D. So got out of it for $140 total. Thanks to Zuboo for helping get them in.. all good again now!

Interestingly, the front pads are the same as the standard Ignis 1.3, Cruze 1.5 and the Super Carry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:53 pm 

I found the stock pads didn't give enough bite for my liking, they were made for longevity vs performance. The rotors were also pretty hard, not helping with inital bite, the current slotted ones are much better. The Greenstuffs were a marked improvement, Yellowstuffs will be on my next shopping list.
I sort of like to compare them to the stock brakes on the Ralliart Colt, they nearly put me through the window first time I used them - a combination of soft rotors and high end Pagid pads from the factory. The result was fantastic braking, but went through brake rotors and pads pretty quick.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 pm 

I have spent a lot of time looking for rear discs and have compared them to the Suzuki models I know of with rear discs with no luck... until now.

I suspect the FZ GLX Swift may share the same rear discs as the Ignis Sport... just need to wait for someone to release the measurements for the discs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:09 pm 

I just fitted these to the rear. (EBC GreenStuff DP21691)

Attachment:
Brakes.jpg
Brakes.jpg [ 124.34 KiB | Viewed 183 times ]

They fit, and so far so good. I've only done 20kms on them and they haven't bed in fully yet. The previous owner did a terrible job of fitting protex blues. The dust boots weren't on properly, and the wheels were black after 500km.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:41 pm 

What was the cost of the brake pads?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:06 pm 

I bought from that ebay link in the last post. It was just a touch over $100 with postage from UK. I hear it's cheaper to do that than buy locally.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:24 pm 

Yeah, thought so, they have quite a big range of brake pads & rotors on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:09 pm 

Just about to change my brake pads on my IS,just a click over 200,000 ks .Was wondering how everyone else got on with replacing their pads.Was the new pads better,did you replace rotors,how many ks did you get on the standard pads. As I see it I was just going to go with Bendix performance pads,tho I'm not sure if there is any gain over the standard pads to be honest for road use?