It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ignis Owners Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:45 am 

Hi All

Just purchased a Ignis Sport recently...very impressed and a great car overall...good on fuel...great handling and an excellent revving engine...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:28 pm 

Welcome to the site nsm, excellent to hear you found the Ignis Sport.

Interested to hear if you took any of the New Swifts for a drive? and if so what was it that made you end up at the Ignis?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:19 pm 

Welcome aboard nsm.The iggy sport is pretty good little Package all round .Be sure to enjoy its good,bad n ugly tributes as many off us already do. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 am 

I think power to weight the Ignis sport is much better than the Swift Sport...There are plenty of Swift Sports on the road, but not many of the Ignis Sports...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:16 am 

nsm wrote:
I think power to weight the Ignis sport is much better than the Swift Sport...There are plenty of Swift Sports on the road, but not many of the Ignis Sports...

On paper, they're about the same. However, the fact that the Ignis is ~15% lighter makes it feel much more responsive at launch (hell, it'll even beat a V8 over the first 10 metres). It's kinda weird, the Swift Sport didn't feel as solid in comparison, despite being heavier. The Ignis feels like an immutable object in comparison.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:52 pm 

Hey there, just purchased a low mileage silver Ignis Sport as a replacement for my beloved Ralliart Colt, which was unfortunately is now a write off thanks to a blind pensioner
I am looking forward to getting reacquainted with a Suzuki again after owning a highly modified Gti and also a modded rock hopping Vitara. Turbos are nice, but there's something about high revving N/A engines that really pleases me.

This section of the forum is a bit quiet, but hopefully I can have some creative input! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:00 pm 

Hi All,

I just purchased an Iggy recently.

I am from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

Lots to learn about this lil girl!

Cheers all!!

http://instagram.com/p/MD8vyYDWPS/

http://instagram.com/p/MxwmoujWJc/

http://instagram.com/p/MxYYM_DWCL/

http://instagram.com/p/M-m3vxDWFB/

http://instagram.com/p/NBOHnwDWIa/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:58 pm 

Rare colour! Sprayed?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:09 pm 

DeOngster wrote:
http://instagram.com/p/NBOHnwDWIa/

I see you did the rear bar tail-light mod (I did that one too).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:03 am 

how do you wire the rear reflectors to become lights?
I like the look, Keigo's car also had that I can recall

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm 

Hi all,
I don't exactly have an IS, but close!
2002 Holden YG Cruze.
It was bought for my wife while she was on P's etc, I used to have skylines/cressidas/big cars.

Now my Diesel astra has been claimed by her, I get the Cruze and had the option of selling it and putting the money towards something else, or just run with it.

Had 3 LH drive shafts/CV issues, finally got one with the upgraded cir-clip last week, also have a set of King Springs to go in.
Immob/alarm etc sorted, new radiator, few service bits and pieces and its almost ready to roll.
I really like the M15a, very underrated motor. Its not got high comp like the IS donk, but still goes pretty well i think. Its an auto, so not a rocket, but fun daily thats proved very reliable so far.

Future plans, clean up nicely (needs new speakers), maybe reduce intake restrictions (remove resonator box and smooth pipes etc), get handling better, BRAKES... def needs some sort of upgrade, I don't think the drum handbrake even engages....
SO it doesn't owe me any money, just good to keep as a daily and maybe a bit more fun!
Exh system is interesting, looks 2" from eng/cat, then a centre hot-dog, then 1.75 inch to big muff to tip....
Would like to do something like put more Sport interior bits in, the carbon fiber bits look cool
AWD is pretty useless unless on gravel or real dirt. Have taken this up many mountain trails, brindabella ranges etc, 4 wheel drifts with ease!
Wet grass or mud, hopeless.... just spins and spins and slides backwards!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:43 pm 

Hi there

it was such a pity that Suzuki didn't release the Ignis as a four door Sport version in that model rather than relying on parent company general Motors to just release the 4WD 4 door as the Cruze. Even so, you still see heaps of both older 4 door Ignis and the more current Cruze around the place, I don't mind them, but like the 4 door JWRC version even more with the pumped guards, 17" Speedlines etc.

I wonder how much trouble it would be to slip the high compression version of the M15A out of the Ignis Sport into the cruze! Pretty sure someone has shoehorned the Monster Sport M18A into a normal 4 door.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 pm 

Ive read alot about the Cruze/Ignis/Justy, even the Hungarian Diesel version... its as if the chassis was designed as an attempt to one-size-fits-all type of deal, then each country or region could adapt it to suit. Its starting to become old school tech soon, no abs, semi lame emissions, suspension geometry from the 80's... the newish swift blows it out of the water really.

I got the kings up front today, still to put rims back, (will be replacing the auto trans lines to the heat exchanger in Radiator)
I noticed a tiny leak behind the water pump, its like a transfer pipe that goes all across the back to the passenger side. Interference fit, likely some sealant. I'll be taking the intersting looking intake manifold off to fix it....
Nearly there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:17 pm 

My Ignis Sport has ABS, sometimes simplicity has its virtues - look at how many JDM Ignis (or Swift Sport) are used for track work due to their light weight and ease of modification. Things get hard to modify when you have to deal with things like fly-by-wire throttles, Active stability control and nasty air flow meters. Driving the Ignis is like going back to basics, raw and involving whereas some of the newer cars are made more with comfort in mind with a view of selling them to a wider cross-section of people.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:23 am 

Cruzer, what are the King Springs like on your IS?
Worthwhile benefit, or are they too stiff & make the ride worse?
Cheers
Vuka1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:03 pm 

Nemesis-NL wrote:
Rare colour! Sprayed?

Hey!! Yes sprayed... looks like Bubblegum blue or Tupperware Green!

ahhaha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:22 am 

If fitting the King Springs, you will need to cut the stock bump stop to prevent the suspension bottoming out, resulting in a very choppy ride over undulating surfaces. The Ignis really needs coilovers to have a decent lowered ride without killing the shock absorbers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:28 pm 

Sorry for late reply.
The King Springs are in the front so far,
Holden Cruze is 180mm ground clearance, with these its now about 150mm, which isn't too low at all for the mini 'SUV' type thing.
Handling is HEAPS better! Only a tiny bit harder in ride quality, I only notice it on speed humps, or crappy roads (coins rattle a bit more in the cupholders)

Currently have the intake manifold of to replace all the coolant & heater hoses, loads of corroded bits, crusty hoses etc.
Im really impressed in the setup of these engines, pretty easy to pull it all apart etc, I like the fact the injectors are in the head, means less bits to feck with!

Would be VERY easy to do indiv throttles.... or boost it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:07 am 

Hi everyone,

My name is Dave and I recently purchased a 2003 Suzuki Ignis Sport in Cyprus Blue. We purchased it primarily as a runaround for my wife as my Skyline isn't so good on fuel and I'm trying to keep the kms down on it. We've had it for less than two months now and we've both fallen in love with it! I've been slowly tidying it up and making small modifications such as blue console lighting, upgraded stereo, rear foglamps, etc...

Here are some pics:

Attachment:
DSC_0054.jpg
DSC_0054.jpg [ 350.27 KiB | Viewed 207 times ]

Attachment:
DSC_0052.jpg
DSC_0052.jpg [ 394.49 KiB | Viewed 206 times ]

Attachment:
DSC_0055.jpg
DSC_0055.jpg [ 358.31 KiB | Viewed 206 times ]

Attachment:
DSC_0053.jpg
DSC_0053.jpg [ 352.41 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]

Attachment:
DSC_0039.jpg
DSC_0039.jpg [ 266.87 KiB | Viewed 213 times ]

Attachment:
DSC_0040.jpg
DSC_0040.jpg [ 369.27 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:58 pm 

Very neat ignis you've got there, also a bonus to get the optional fog lights. These cars certainly grow on you, plus it goes to show that you don't need huge power to have some fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next