It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Oil pump G13b help
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:39 am 

Hi I'm in the middle of a rebuild.
The oil pump needs replacing. Genuine is $500. I can get one. I'd rather not have to spend that much though and chances are it will be aftermarket anyway. Surely there are good aftermarket ones out there but I don't know which ones.
I looked into a g16b pump but hard time trying to find the pickup to go with it or know if that will even fit in the G13b sump.
I have seen ITM and TOPLINE make pumps for the gti. It appears the dohc engines in the 1.3 range have different pumps than the sohc engines.
I'm really looking for experience and not guessing.
I have read good and bad about both ITM and TOPLINE a lot of which comes from nothing more than guessing. Any other aftermarket with listings for the gti that have well known pumps? I looked for melling....they seem to cover 1.3 sohc, 1.6 sohc both with and without sensor. But not 1.3 dohc. Even one distributor in Aussie lists one pump to rule them all! But says nothing about the pickup.
Anyway....I have searched.....I have p'm bewitched but no reply as yet.thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: Oil pump G13b help
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 am 

The pump I got from Bewitched is a Nason OPSZ-238. It's listed as being for a Vitara ( so G16B ). Externally it looks identical to the G13B pump apart from the sensor mount.

The pickup is mounted in the block so I'm not sure why you're wanting to change that from the G13B pickup?

I haven't used it yet but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:36 am 

Thanks Sam. I have wrongly assumed the pickup issue from reading info on the forum.
[-X . There are threads that talk about 1.6 tubes being larger etc but it involves some models of 1.3 suzukis having smaller ones and guys changing sumps....modifying pickups etc.

I am in London and don't have the pump or block in front of me....after searching pics I see where I was going wrong so disregard all statements on oil pickup tubes.

From what I have gathered. No one seems to be fitting genuine G13b dohc pumps. You can get them....they cost a lot. Appears most are fitting g16 pumps. A friend of mine with a turbo G13b just fitted a stock G16A pump. That was it....just bought it....and bolted it on.

Confusion over! Cheers. =D>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:06 pm 

There are 2 versions of the g16 oil pump, with or without the CAS (crank angle sensor) which will be very helpful for when you want to use an aftermarket ECU.

If you want the one with the CAS then you need the sump that goes with it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:30 am 

You can use a 1.6 oil pump on your 1300 engine, all advice you've heard about cranksensor type from baleno is true, but ofcourse There's nothing wrong with just using an aftermarket vitara oilpump (1.6 pump has 17% more volume flow) if you stick with a 1.3 oil pump you're basically using the same thing 8v sierras use, extra volume is a good thing.
Depending on how's ored the gear in yours is, you might be able to thoroughly clean it and recondition with new genuine oil relief valve, and a genuine oil seal.
Aftermarket pumps are Far cheaper than genuine complete, even with shipping included I could provide you with a decent pump for less than $500nz.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:55 am 

I got this in the end guys it's already waiting for me in Los Angeles to pick up next week. $99 free shipping in the States. Hope it's right. :shock:

Attachments:
IMG_4358.JPG
IMG_4358.JPG [ 344.58 KiB | Viewed 21 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:47 pm 

Looks like the right one, similar to what I remember when I took mine off anyway.

Perhaps "Youshop" might change your life, or make you spend more $$$. Shipping service from USA, Europe or China run by New Zealand Post. Can combine multiple parcels into one and make use of the "free shipping" that many sellers have on Ebay in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:43 pm 

I have my own "youshop" Howsie. It's called work! I'm up to LA on Wednesday.... :P