It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Idle problem
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:38 pm 

Hey guys might be able to get a little help. So since I've had my swift It has had this little misfire it has slightly gotten worse since I've owned it. And now drops idle sometimes. I've been told the car has mild cams. So I assume it could possibly be that. It's a very intermittant miss. And the way to describe it is similar to a mild ported rotary engine

So anyways today on the way home It stalled! Now I was listening to music. I MAY have forgot to go down gears and stalled it but I am a very confident manual driver. Have been driving for near 10 years now

I noticed once it fired up straight away that it seemed like I lost power. And that the car was quieter. The 2 tin can speakers couldn't have effected my hearing as I used to have a 140 db stereo in my old daily and the car was still loud to me also noticed on idle the pod filter didn't have gurgle on idle as usual but one I got home I checked the distributor cap and the contacts. Seemed a little worn but ok. I will change it anyways when I have cash. Also the rotor button looked. Ok. I noticed some oil in there what could that be? But none ye less was not on the contacts the oil is brand new oil filter. I changed the plugs they are new serviced it last week The leads are a little old but seem ok. May change them too

Fuel filter wasn't in stock so I haven't changed it yet checked all connections I could see and for loose wires and vaccumm hoses and the pod filter its idling just under 1k but every now and then drops to 500 rpm or so it seems a little better now but still running rough ill see how it goes tomorrow what other things have I missed to check

Is there anyway to check that the rough idle is a cause of a mild cam. Or if it has aftermarket cams at all?

Any info would help on prior experiences like this. Also might mention it has a new head on it. From a previous owner