It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Ebay Turbo Manifold ??
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:55 pm 

Hi guys and gals.
Just wondering if anyone has used or is using the stainless turbo manifold that sell new on ebay.

Whats your experience ?

Please experiences only im not interested in opinions ive alread got my own and few other peoples to digest.

Thanks Andrew

Post subject: Re: Ebay Turbo Manifold ??
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:52 pm 

They look ok the ones i have seen wall thickness could be an issue but the welds a first class

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:44 am 

The only one Ive seen in person was not even usable as the manifold flange was so bent it could not even be machined flat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:14 pm 

Thanks mate. Im only going to be bolting it to a stock motor and run low boost. Even though ive been around cars for over 25 years im new to Turbos/boost and as a mature age apprentice mechanic budgets a bit of a factor here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:56 pm 

I'm using one atm running approx 12psi stock internals haven't had a prob the finish fades abit but can be cleaned no welds broke yet the factory locking nuts are horrible don't use them mine came lose first drive so swapped the studs and nuts never had a prob since

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:07 pm 

Yeah got one seems all good to but my shitty ebay turbo pooped itself. What turbo you running with yours ? Are you running stock throttle body and afm ? What grade oil you using ? i had full synth 10/40 and motor didnt seem to like it was bit clackity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:26 pm 

Stock TB and AFM are fine with low boost setup. Small gains can be made thru oversized TB but fiddling with AFM is more trouble than it is worth in my opinion (some have made it work). Once you go beyond low boost setup really need to look at stand alone computer with MAP sensor and then you can start getting better results with lower restriction in the system. If you are thinking more boost then bigger TB is worth it, just don't go too big. I am using the SR20DE 60mm TB but you do sacrifice some control down low. Over bored standard to around 50mm is doable.

Some people have used 10/40 and claim no issues but I have always had issues with it and top end noise in the lifters. I stick to what is specified by Suzuki with a 10/30 or 5/30 for colder weather. Given lifters have probably filled up with 10/40 oil might take a little time to quieten down after you replace oil.