It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:53 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 61  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:48 pm 

Hey everyone!

My name's Maria and I drive a purple GTi called Raz :)
I met some really nice people from this forum ages ago in Newcastle - 'hi' Shnez and friends :)
I've been meaning to join for ages and now I've finally gotten around to it!

I'm 20, live in Newcastle, study social work at Newcastle Uni and work for AAMI Insurance part-time.

I'd really love to come on a cruise one day so I could meet some more people with GTis!

Well ciao for now... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:48 pm 

hey guys and gals :D

my name is jarad i live in blacktown sydney
im currently drivin a white 94 cino with gti kit and 15's.
Would love to lower it but ive got a 3 month old baby boy and gotta keep a smooth ride.
have to say this is an awesome site with cool people.
im 20 at the moment and work for bentley and rolls royce as a mechanic.
ICE- Pioneer head unit running stock front speakers (surprisingly alrite!!!) and fusion 6 1/2 inches in the back. no room for subs as again ive got the baby so all my space is taken with pram etc.
hpoe theres a cruise on soon so i can come and meet you all.
:wink: ciou for now :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:59 am 

hey

Name's David, born and raised in Sydney, parents were refugees from Cambodia, 22 and finishin off my B.Com this year
Got my 93 Barina as a pressie for gettin into uni, and who knows they maybe some conversions done to it in the future :P

Found this site trying to find out how to remove the stock h/u, and its been a great resource ever since!

Cheers

btw: also an anime freak! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:24 pm 

Hi all,

As you can probably guess, I'm Jono 22 years old. I live in Newy (yes another one) and go to Newcastle Uni as well as working a one of the local Pubs.

The car is a nice little '88 Mk1 GTi, although it shares the drive way with my '83 Peugeot 505 STi. I've been a Pug man for ages, but have recently found the beauty of the Swift GTi, So they have to share daily driver duties.

Anyway hope to meet a few of the crowd one day (although met one but didn't catch his name? blue GTi with cannon in Merewether)

Jono

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:58 am 

Hi I'm Steven (or Steve) from Adelaide!! Been a member for a while just lurking around in the back ground but thought I'd share some info.

I drive a 97 Cino. Bought it with around 50,000 kays on it and have since put around another 60,000 kays on it in about 9? months. Only really got it because my other car got taken off the raod cos it was crap, and after many months of no car got desperate. Really regret not getting a GTI but eh, I'll make the most of what i have now.
Found this site trying to find out how to wire up my old Monster Tacho.
Mods:
17x7.5" MKW's, Lowered, cannon on the back of the stock exhaust to give it a bit of sound and looks.
Decent stereo conprising of:
Deck: Pioneer DEH - P7650MP
Speaker amp: JL Audio 300/4
Sub amp: Jaycar 4x100
Front stage: Cadence ZC601's ( I think??)
Rear: Pioneer co-ax's
Subs: Two Pioneer Carbon fibre subs (Which i dont like like. Single 12" type R puts out nearly as much bass)

Thats about it. Pics in other discussion in that post pics of your car thread.
Love the site and the people on here!!
Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:29 am 

Hey all, my names joe and i live in tamworth.

I don't have a car yet but i'm looking to buy one soon and i'm very interested in swifts and stuff :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:44 pm 

Hey im Bill and i just bought a '95 GTi as my daily driver. Hope to get some wise information about my car and will try to help out with any info that i have. I've had anything from sss pulsars to commodores to a KB lazer. Im 23 and im a finance broker so if anyone need to lease a new car or anything let me know i can fix up a great deal. Im in syd and around the Hornsby area (upper north shore)
Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:34 am 

Hi I'm not sure how u start one of these things.
My name is Tara and i'm seventeen and a half. I fell in love with my car when I first saw it and begged dad to buy it.
I own a '95 gti swift but I crashed it 2 months ago (well some stupid lancer hit me) and I miss it like crazy but its getting fixed this weekend so once she's back on the road (I've named her betty) i'm spoling her rotten. At the moment she has 16 inch concept 9's, autotechnica carbon fibre muffler (makes a horrible drone, but it sounds phat outside)

Retrimmed all the door trims they're pink with black inserts. and yeah pink axs seat covers and the dash and everything is also pink. It looks like something pink has exploded in the car actually. I also have a pink neon which used to sit in my front bar It survived the accident, the bar didn't.

My boyfriend and his friend cut the gills out of my back bar so it looks better than just stock and well it doesn't really have a front bar. Under the bonnet is pretty standard just uni filter pod and extractors.

I get a mt8 put in next week, and i'm getting her a respray, new front bar and wing when it runs out of rego. I'm going pink glitter on the outside. I just finished school so now I'm looking for a full time job to support my car, lol.

And if you haven't guessed by now my two favourite things are pink and my car. I htough i might talk about it here cos my friends are going crazy and I've only had it for 6 months.

It has a stereo too just an alpine head unit plays mp3s and stuff and 2 12inch pioneer subs which run off a 1600 watt amp i bought off ebay and 2 4inch sony speakers in the front. It sounds ok not that i can hear it over the exhaust very often. I live near Port Macquarie so it turns a few heads (usually cos you hear it before you see it) but yeah she's an awesome little car.
I'll put some pics up when I have a front bar!! The way i've written this is usually the way i talk, without taking a breath.

http://odia56.m717.net/my%20baby.JPG

Anyway I think i've said enough if anyone wants to chat bout gti's or somehting pm me or add me on msn!!!!

Last edited by miss*pink on Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:43 am 

sounds like a pink little beastie.. good to see you at the site (i look forward to seeing this pink little car :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:15 pm 

Sound like a nice car you got there Tara. you should meet paul when u get ur car resparayed in pink glitter cause he has a GTI with blue glitter paint a GTI couple made in heaven :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:37 pm 

Hey my names steve,

i bought a 94 Swift GTI last week
i live in Adelaide and im only 15 but saw the car and loved it.

it has a pod air filter, 2 1/2 inch cannon exhaust, 16" mags, metallic blue, and hopefully gettin new car mats, pedals and gear nob 4 xmas

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:24 am 

Hi my name's paul i'm 25 and i drive a 95 gti .
The car is my pride and joy however it needs a bit of work because the guy who had it before i bought it trashed it a bit. :cry:
I live in SA in a small town about half an hour from the barrosa vally.
Looking forward to chatting with you guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:16 pm 

Hi ... I'm Damian ... I don't own a swift ... I don't know if I'm going to buy 1 either ... but I am a friend of Droo's ... and he told me to sign up and give my 2 cents worth when someone mentioned buying an XR8 ... I own a '92 VP 5 Ltr Calais and if there are any of you out there that dislike me for that ... so be it ... I'm don't own it to impress anyone else ... I didn't sign up to bag Swift's .. I actually like them and am "considering" buying 1 as a second car.
Anyways ... enough of a rant ... you probably won't see much from me on the forums only due to the fact that I personally don't believe I belong here ... but yeah I'm here anyways

Regards, Damian :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:08 pm 

VPVLTR wrote:
Hi ... I'm Damian ... I don't own a swift ... I don't know if I'm going to buy 1 either ... but I am a friend of Droo's ... and he told me to sign up and give my 2 cents worth when someone mentioned buying an XR8 ... I own a '92 VP 5 Ltr Calais and if there are any of you out there that dislike me for that ... so be it ... I'm don't own it to impress anyone else ... I didn't sign up to bag Swift's .. I actually like them and am "considering" buying 1 as a second car.
Anyways ... enough of a rant ... you probably won't see much from me on the forums only due to the fact that I personally don't believe I belong here ... but yeah I'm here anyways

Regards, Damian :twisted:

Are you the guy that comes on the cruises with Droo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:15 pm 

hey guys..
thought i'd introduce myself..

i just purchased a gti 1990 a few days ago..
just need to fix it up a little..
great little zippy vehicles..

this will be my daily driver..

i have a vr4 as my race car..
hopefully this will be done very soon..
i've had the vr4 for 3 years now.. aiming for big power =)

it seems like a great little club..
alot of followers!!..

thanks for having me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:50 pm 

Quote:

No ... that must be another guy .. Droo wouldn't be caught dead bringing a hardcore Holden fan like myself on a GTi cruise ... ;) ... The other guys name is Clint

Droo is currently considering changing the badging on the GTi to a HSV Barina SS ... just so he can wear the funky HSV/Holden Gear we guys get

Regards Damian :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:54 am 

VPVLTR wrote:
Quote:

No ... that must be another guy .. Droo wouldn't be caught dead bringing a hardcore Holden fan like myself on a GTi cruise ... ;) ... The other guys name is Clint

Droo is currently considering changing the badging on the GTi to a HSV Barina SS ... just so he can wear the funky HSV/Holden Gear we guys get

Regards Damian :twisted:

oh ok.. because that other guy Clint.. his a funny c*nt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:54 am 

lol

Last edited by _FLYGTI_ on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:55 am 

Im Ali

and here is my car....

[img]http://www.fly-gti.com/images/zoom/RHMZAT/Untitled-5[1].jpg[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:54 am 

hey, my real name is Dylan, i live near port mac. I drive a 94 Black GTi - some of you newcaslte people wouldve seen it before, the plates are LOW-13L.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 61  Next