It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:45 pm 

What's up bros?? I'm from Canada and i own a 89 GTI. Looking for some parts and thought i'd join up. Nice looking board here!

Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:33 pm 

Name: Adam
Career: Not yet, 2nd yr Melb Uni
Car: Not a GTI so dont hate me, soon to be in the garage hopefully.

'88
custom air intake
king springs super lows
17" hr racing rims
DBA drilled and slotted rotors
Twin spot calipers
full custom exhaust, magnaflow muffler to twin 4" tips
exedy heavy duty clutch
lightened flywheel
short shift kit

For Sale: 1992 Black Mk3 GTi
http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/vt.27453.htm

http://www.garage-13.com

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:38 am 

Hi I am new to the forum, just wanted to say hello and let you know about me and my motor. My first car was a white Mk2 Gti which was sadly killed by a bastard taxi driver after 3 years of love and attention, enough said about that. On my second Gti, a black 95 Mk3 Specs below. I'm in the sunny UK I have done almost 70,000 miles driving Gti's over the past 5 years, I have been doing a lot track days for the last four. Joined the local motor club at Christmas and now have a competition licence I am slowly getting into Sprints and Hill Climbs but money has stopped me from doing as many events as would have liked. Been dreaming of a supercharged swift for a few years and have finally chucked the money into it, (a lot more than I paid for the car) should be up and running on low boost in the next week or so, fingers crossed it doesn't go bang ! will post the first the rolling road print out for you and some pics of the car when its all done.

Hope i haven't boared you to much !

Doug

Swift Specs
Currently 102Bhp (76Kw) at the wheels

Uk Black 95Gti

Leda height adjustable coil overs on front 285lb springs (24 position adjustable dampening with camber adjustment)
Koni adjustable on rear on H&R spring
Camber adjustable top mounts from SSGTi
Polyurethane suspension bushes
Race engine mounts
Uprated rear anti-roll bar
Bremsport Spira groove disks front and back
Goodrich steel braded brake lines
Janspeed 4/1 exhaust manifold (header ?????)
Custom stainless exhaust system with stainless wool lining (kept melting centre cans)
Dastec UNICHIP
Adjustable revlimiter
K+N 57i
Suzuki front and rear spoiler lips
Custom roof spoiler
Light weight 15 inch alloys running Yokohamma AVS sports
Snooper S5r Radar/Lazar detector :-)

im sure there's more !

Ready to install

Rotrex Supercharger
Bracket to suite
Intercooler
Oil Cooler with thermostat and remote filter
Custom fuel rail
Fully adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Larger cc injectors
Pipework

Things I want

Low compression pistons
Kalmini tie bar
Roll cage
Seats and harnesses
Updated clutch
Limited slip differential
And more and more

Who do you know ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:48 pm 

i dont need no introduction! 8)

Uk swift- your car sounds pretty impressive mate! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:50 am 

My name is Cheyne (Like Shane with weird spelling) im 19 and i got my Ps a few months ago and bought a 100% stock 89 Swift GTi (White)

Now that ive finished paying for it (god bless tax return) i will start modifying it (starting with quitting aami for insurance ... why on earth did i go with them?)

Than Sports exhaust, followed my front body kit, than some 16" Rims
... and of course the RedLineGTi.com sticker

Im in melbourne and have been waiting for a GTi since i was 15

Will post some pics when it all begins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:02 pm 

hey my name is Renee, but my nickname is renzy. im 19 and a nail technician.

i have a red '89 gti with:
front bar
2" sports exhaust
tint windows
15" concept five lenso's
2 subs
3 amps (with surrounding neons)
6 speakers
sports steering wheel
k&n filter
extracters
customised interior
and more but off da top of my head can't think of it.

anyways i saw da redline gti sticker on the back of a gti once so i looked it up.

it has given me some good advice by just reading the forums so thanks guys.

See u at the cruise :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:09 am 

hi, this is blighty writin at the mo, my girlfriend is called roz, its her swift, and she doesnt know ive joined yet,but im sure shell be happy :D

im always about, ya just gotta find me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:43 am 

Hey just signed up 2day...my name is Heidi nd i hav a suzuki swift but not a gti :( but it's still a lil cutey!!! not many mods at the mom but gettin there slowly :lol: cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:41 am 

Name is Ky, I own a 90 GT-I, love the little thing and hoping to learn a few things from the PROs here!!!

Awesome site guys, keep up the good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:53 pm 

hey
i am daniel (tomo) and 20y.o. moved to canberra about 7 months ago. i brought a 94 gti last friday 6th aug. its black with 15's exahust extractors pod i get my licence back on september 19th (racing is fun but fucked when you get caught) i hope to meet some of you on a cruz soon
peace out
tomo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:37 pm 

Welcome tomo, haven't had someone new in the ACT for a while.. will have to get a sticker out to you at some stage :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:45 am 

Hi my name is Nathan.

I currently live in Townsville and on my uni holidays I live in Toowoomba, at the moment I drive a 1974 Mazda RX-3 coupe but i used to own the swift cino that swifty18 now owns mods that I done to the swift include:

Engine rebuild with a shaved and cleaned up head,
Rejetted carby,
14' CSA twister wheels,
lowered 1.5'
kenwood headunit
kenwood 7x10's
2 x kenwood 10' subs running off an audiobahn A300l amp.
(There you go Heidi :wink: )

The RX-3 is currently off the road for a full respray and also I'm currently getting a 300HP 13b turbo motor built for it.

Cheers

1974 Mazda RX-3 Coupe

Post subject: cheers
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:54 pm 

thanks matey...........cant forget my pedals i hav they are sweet.gettin extractors and new k and n ( think) air filter for it soon hopefully :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:26 pm 

Hi all (waves and shakes hands with everyone)
lets see

i have a mk2 GTI brought it about to years ago off my mate
it came with:
veilside front bar and side skirts
blue paint
sterio
lowered on superlow kings
koni shocks (adjustable)
16" mags
pod filter

i have
retrimed the interior (backs of seats, door trims and the back peices) soon i am goin to do the rest of it ie: seats, new carpet, roof lining..

i have changed my sterio set up about 3 times now but this time i think im going to leave it like this :roll:

about a year ago the car got scratched all over so i had 2 get a respray, in the time that it was all scratched i smashed it and crumbled up my front bar.. so i got a new one..
got the car sprayed bout a month later.. went and saw my painter he mixed up a nice colour for me it was still blue but when the light hits it right you can see abit of green and purple..

a few months later i blew up my gearbox doin a burnout, (tried to copy my bro which was 15 at the time) he ripped one up got it smoking up nicely, then i jumped in dumped the clutch at bout 5k smoked it up very very nicely then 4got to put it in 2nd :oops: so i just went and brought a reco cino box 8)

now the engine has done about 235thou k's gettin a rebuild at the end of the year (hopefully with some head work done at the same time) :wink:

just recently i have brought a veilside rear bar (which is getting painted atm) and i have changed my back lights from mk2-mk3 (that center peice is a pain in the ass to put in)

about 2 months ago i almost sold it but i just couldnt let it go (ive got the gti bug)so im keeping it and rebuilding it slowly :lol:

i think thats all mite edit later but for now
catch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:03 pm 

hi....a bit late.....but any way

my name's Tam living in the Liverpool area....

this is my second GTI ( turbo with MT8 )....the first one is a non turbo but still fitted with MT8 ( still have it but me g/f drive it )

i bought the car 4 yrs ago with a f**k engine and gear box and without rego... :lol: towed home :evil: and managed to get it rego with imported eng. and g/box

drove the car for 2-3 yrs with the mod chip in it on 6psi but it ping alot...... and one day i let it ping longer than it could handle........ :twisted:

another imported eng. droped in with MT8...(installed myseft)... :D running 15psi but haven't tune it properly yet.... :( ......not 'till i rebuild the eng.SOOONNNNN

I first found ssgti net then teamswift :oops: then redline.. :D ....i've been browsing the redline net for a month and decided to join

great site ...EVERYONE........... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:49 pm 

Hi, my names Darren, and im from the sunshine coast QLD :D

Been watching over these forums for like 2yrs now (seriously) since way back on the old ones, and finally posting now :) Been in the market for a mk2/mk3 gti now for a while, but they keep selling on me :(

Anyways hopefully getting one soon, oh and i know GTIFREAK "in real life", and half met stealth today, should have introduced myself i guess, my bad :) Thanks for the ride in the car though bro, it hammers 8) 8)

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:41 pm 

Hi everyone, my name is Andrew. I live at Newcastle in Australia, and this is one of the first times I have been on a Forum, so go easy ;) I have a 1992 GTi, It's Black but the roof is falling to bits :( So far not many mods have been done, I got it pretty much stock. My driving record is..... impeccable, and anything the NSW Police tell you is a lie just kidding :^o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:30 pm 

heyyy people
some of you might know me (My bro is GTi_Stooge)
my name is Daniel
Im almost 17 and i have just started an appernticship in engine rebuilding :)
so at the end of the year im going to be rebuilding my bro's engine at work and do some mods to it.
I have done most of the work to my bros car such as
sterio
rear tail lights
body kit fitting
and all other things

he always lets me drive it n blah blah blah

I am looking to buy a MK1 swift by the end of the year or early next
and rebuild it im hoping to turbo it or just keep it n/a, its going to be my first car so yeh....

ummm what else,
i was the one who my bro tryed 2 copy doing a burn out and he done his gearbox :lol:

i hope i enjoy my stay and yous all enjoy me LOL
byez

Post subject: Whats Up?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:05 pm 

Whats up people? Been reading posts forever but had nothin to say. My real name is Paris and im 22 years old.

When i first joined about three or four months ago i had a 93 falcon wagon for surfing and camping, but ive since crashed it. That bad boy wasnt worth fixing. Got tired of not having a car so....I put my loan application in today!!!!! :D
Shouldnt be any hassles but its a deferred repayment student loan and apparently they take like a month to be approved.
So at the moment im still tossing up between a Gti and a Honda VFR400. Both so much fun!
Im more concerned with power and reliability than kits/paint/wheels, but its all good. If anyone has a swift with some decent engine mods done, (or if not, a corresponingly low price) that they want to get rid of in the coming months, fill me in huh?
I want to keep the thing atmo, but im interested in exploring the possibilities of cams, chip, cold air intake, high compression pistons and rings, stealth exhaust, pumped and rolled guards, deep dish rims, half roll cage,.....ghhuuaauurch(drool).

I really enjoy checking the new posts every day and learning about these fat cars. WaylowJr that sounds like a good idea mate, i'd love to come down and meet everyone. I drive past the carpark in my loaner volvo almost every weekend on my way to a gig or something. Never even thought there'd be RedlineGti boys representing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:38 pm 

Hi everyone, i'm Ben, and i drive a swift.

It's my second swift, as my 1st swift was written off when a drink driver hit me from behind at 70km/h, pushed me through an intersection into a telegraph pole...

I'm from the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, actually in Sydney unlike a majority of NSW members on here who live out in the sticks :lol:

I'm currently at Uni, struggling to make enough money to run my swift, let alone pay all my debts... [typical uni student i guess]

I enjoy long walks along the beach at sunset, and spending time with my closest friends.

( o ( o _ 0 ) o )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next