It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:47 pm 

hello. i am new here. my name is iyam (23 yo). i'm from Bandung, Indonesia. my new buddy is an automatic '94 suzuki swift sedan (but in here suzuki just named it as suzuki esteem).

wta about it wheels specs. from what i have done by googling is 4x100 et35-38. but someone from esteem club indo was telling me that it has 4x114 et10. i cant believe it. -_- i wanna change the rims. i planned to put ssr 265 or sparco ns (crimson).

btw, sorry for my bad english :(

Attachment:
23022013_007.jpg
23022013_007.jpg [ 334.92 KiB | Viewed 158 times ]

Attachment:
23022013_010.jpg
23022013_010.jpg [ 123.4 KiB | Viewed 156 times ]

Attachment:
23022013_009.jpg
23022013_009.jpg [ 455.18 KiB | Viewed 173 times ]

thank you and nice to know you all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:03 pm 

Welcome. Best way to know is pull a wheel off and have a look. Will probably have a stamp on rim with "ET" and number. That's the offset. +10 would be a RWD offset and hence unlikely. For PCD probably best to just measure. Tape measure from centre of one bolt to the diagonal opposite bolt.

Bandung hey?! Havent made it there yet. Pity, as I am an Art Deco furniture/building fan. Spent most of my time in Indonesia in Jakarta, Medan and Makassar only. Good food but traffic is just tooo crazy... Good luck with the car.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:18 pm 

FlyingGrape wrote:
Welcome. Best way to know is pull a wheel off and have a look. Will probably have a stamp on rim with "ET" and number. That's the offset. +10 would be a RWD offset and hence unlikely. For PCD probably best to just measure. Tape measure from centre of one bolt to the diagonal opposite bolt.

Bandung hey?! Havent made it there yet. Pity, as I am an Art Deco furniture/building fan. Spent most of my time in Indonesia in Jakarta, Medan and Makassar only. Good food but traffic is just tooo crazy... Good luck with the car.

i dont check the rims since the car i left at home (jakarta) for check up. i will do it later while doing my thesis. i lived in bdg for college.

you must visit here if interested of art deco. now it just reach 2 hours from jakarta by car (highway). jakarta is hell for traffic. i often in bandung instead of jakarta.

btw, thanks for suggestion. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:38 pm 

Hi Guys

Just about to get rid of my EP71 Starlet
Looking @ getting into a late GTI with air conditioning, (Im old)
Will be after a pretty stock clean example that hasnt been given a hard time, hahahahaha asif!

Anyway

Just reading up on everytihng I can
Cheers
Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:09 pm 

Hey All
Fairly new here bought my first GTi about a month ago it's a bit of a wreck but it'll get there I figure there's nothing that can't be fixed with the right knowledge and some time .
Well i got it rwc and running ok it's in bad need of a paint job (black and the clear has gone off ) so thats the next thing to do then some better wheels.
Will rebuild the engine later this year when I get my head around what I need to do as I wanna add a turbo kit to give it a little bit more punch but still needs to stay as a daily drive
Attachment:
112.PNG
112.PNG [ 913.55 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:09 am 

G'day. Married, kids etc etc. Suzuki addict and have 3 that the wife knows off and another 2 stashed in a mates shed :D

I am building a MK1 GTI powered Sierra drag car and the hunt for info lead me here.

Will post pics when I can work out how to upload them from a Apple product.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:27 am 

Welcome shep! Be sure to post some pics of the zooks! And some specs of this drag car!

Rasputin wrote:
Yes. I like hard parking faggots and want to be one. It's my dream
Thanks,
Dan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 pm 

jonesyGT wrote:
Hi Guys

Just about to get rid of my EP71 Starlet
Looking @ getting into a late GTI with air conditioning, (Im old)
Will be after a pretty stock clean example that hasnt been given a hard time, hahahahaha asif!

Anyway

Just reading up on everytihng I can
Cheers
Mark

OK, so the Starlet has sold & am wanting a Swift
Is the best way to go about it a wanted ad in the for sale section?
Just missed out on a good example earlier, so have $$ waiting for the right car.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:32 pm 

jonesyGT wrote:
OK, so the Starlet has sold & am wanting a Swift
Is the best way to go about it a wanted ad in the for sale section?
Just missed out on a good example earlier, so have $$ waiting for the right car.

Cheers

Yep. Also watch the for sale section as some people are lazy about selling their car. Don't limit yourself to just redlinegti, also check out gumtree etc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:57 pm 

FlyingGrape wrote:

Yep. Also watch the for sale section as some people are lazy about selling their car. Don't limit yourself to just redlinegti, also check out gumtree etc.[/quote]

I have been watching gumtree etc & was about to get in touch with what looked like a good example but it was removed the night B4 I had a chance to call.
Ill just have to keep trolling everywhere, something will turn up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:59 am 

Well I found a car on Sunday, supposed to be picking up tomorrow, Friday 5th but just had a phone call to say someone else is offering more money. Will just have to wait to see how this plays out. Gut says its going to sell out from underneath me. Will be gutted!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 pm 

jonesyGT wrote:
Well I found a car on Sunday, supposed to be picking up tomorrow, Friday 5th but just had a phone call to say someone else is offering more money. Will just have to wait to see how this plays out. Gut says its going to sell out from underneath me. Will be gutted!

If you are planning to modify the hell out of it you could always spend less for a rough to make into a diamond rather than looking for the diamond first up. Decide what it is you will want to do to it and look for one that already has it done for the right price. If you want to individualise it then pick one that needs a little work and start from there. Paying a little more for the mods already done will save you money in the long run, most times.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:56 pm 

OK, so I got it.

Very neat 98 build 99 complied GTI

There are a few things that need to be sorted like the CV boots
Ive already changed the rear springs to something more suitable for what I need, KSRL-13.

Going to work my way through brakes, front tie rods, allignment & then anything else that seems to be needed. 1st up is a service though.

Attachment:
53459c9_20.jpeg
53459c9_20.jpeg [ 68.65 KiB | Viewed 211 times ]
Attachment:
1035mdl_20.jpeg
1035mdl_20.jpeg [ 67.42 KiB | Viewed 174 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:26 pm 

Hi,
just signed up the other day, now ive started a thread on my turbo engine swap for my convertible (viewtopic.php?f=32&t=51452), so i suppose i should tell you guys a bit about myself

I'm 28, i am a process worker, and have been learning about cars for about 8 years, just learning as i go with the help/advice of my friends. I used to be a holden fan but just cant go past japanese cars these days. My favorite cars are VL commodores (only the rb30's though not the v8's), CC Lancer coupe's, Nissan Patrols and GTI swifts! My current collection includes:

2 X white 1993 CC Lancer Coupe 4g93 SOHC
Red 1994 CC Lancer Coupe with 1993 GSR DOHC 4G93T Turbo engine conversion
White/Silver Factory VL Calais Turbo Manual
White VL RB30 Manual
GQ Nissan Patrol Dual Fuel
undercoat/silver R33 Skyline
Red 1993 MK3 Cultus Convertible with GTI running gear
White 1992 MK2 Swift GTI Turbo

Soon to swap the engines in the last two cars. =D>

so that's me and my projects. For now........................

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:51 am 

Hey guys, My name's Tj and I just bought Driver's (Mike's) MK3 GTI :mrgreen:
Poor bloke was rather reluctant to let it go and I can totally understand why, it's a very well sorted car that a lot of labour has gone into.
I'll get some photos up shortly. In the meantime here's his old build thread

I'm not really planning on doing anything with it for the foreseeable future (apart from driving it 8) ) with the exception of a few minor adjustments for personal tastes.

My current collection and previous rides include;
1977 Datsun 260Z 2+2 (webers, flares, wide wheels etc :twisted: ) which was my previous daily. Now for sale :(
1975 Mitsubishi Galant Hardtop with an N/A 4G63 twin cam dropped in. That's been a very long project and for a short period my GF's daily. Currently in need of a full restoration after an altercation with a P-plater stuffing about with their phone. Build thread here if you're at all interested
I also used to own a fluro orange Ford Focus XR5 turbo too. Man that was a fun car and I miss it greatly.

Oh and the boss-lady has an NA6 Mazda MX5 that I may as well list as I drive it a lot. Has all sort of suspension fruit in it and it's hilariously fun to punt through some twisty roads.

Anyway I'll put up a build thread soon and document the little bits and pieces that I tinker with as I'm prone to doing with cars :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:38 pm 

Hi all,

just picked up a 84 swift with the g10 3 banga in it. Its the brown poo colour so it has been appropriately named poop.
Thought I better join to learn more about them. Im not a total noob when it comes to car but I have a love small cars I have a daihatsu Mira as a long term project car and a forester as a family bus.
The swift is really fun to drive and am looking just to make it into a nice respectable daily drive that will be well looked after.
I look forward to meeting some of you on here Cheers
Jimmy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:15 am 

Hey guys i am from Barbados my name is Toby i own a 95' swift gti that has some work in it but i plan to do much more. I think this site/forum is awesome. If you are wondering where Barbados is check on google maps its really small. :o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:37 am 

Hello
My name is Richard I am from Slovakia and I am owner of red swift gti mk1 from year 1987 for about 2 years now. I have still much to learn about my swift but i like it from the time one of my friends bought one few years ago and that is the reason i got one too.
Currently swift is undergoing engine swap and chassis repair. I bought it in bad shape with bad engine and rusty chassis but I will repair it with help of my friends i hope to a nearly new car.
Besides my swift I drive 85' toyota corolla gt coupe (ae86 or hachi-roku) which i own for eight years now and can't say bad word about it. Before I started to like swift gti mk1 I owned four AE86 so it is like stepping into new world but I like the challenge.
Hope i can make new friends here on this forums and exchange experience with you.
Here is some photo of my swift when i bought it:

Attachments:
01072012689-1.jpg
01072012689-1.jpg [ 333.32 KiB | Viewed 175 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:57 am 

Welcome and great to see another mk1!

Post subject: Swift 1.6 GLX G16A engine 16 Valve
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:26 pm 

Hi, I'm From Medellin - Colombia.

I own a cousin of the Swift GTI's family which is the SOHC 1.6 Sedan Swift.
Amazing machine, very reliable, i just love it. Very rare version nowdays I'll say.

Hope you all like it, I'm currently adding some improvements, I'll post updates soon.

And really happy to be part of this forum now. Good stuff around here.

Regards, to all.

Swift 1.6 GLX (1993)
G16A Engine SOHC
16 Valve
Full MSD Ignition System
Mikuni Carburetors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next