It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: G16B build advice
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:51 am 

Hello
I have a g16b engine that will be swapped into a suzuki 413 4x4 to replace the g16a already there . As the G16b is out of a baleno I need to swap out the cam shaft with a vitara/sidekick cam so I can run a right angle dissy . The engine currently has a small turbo on it and I aim to run at low boost , 5 to 7 psi , with an aftermarket ECU . I do not want to touch the bottom end at the moment , I expect people will say it may not last - fair enough . In time I plan to look into building up another bottom end for it and go from there .

For now as I have to take the cam out I plan on a mild grind to it . What other work would you look at to future proof the head while its off ? I have had a bit of a google around but not come up with much , mostly talk on the bottom end .

Is it worth installing larger valves ? If so where did you guys pick them up from , only found one web site listing them and they were Stainless . Does any of the rocker gear need to be replaced ? Or should I just grind the cam and put it back together , assuming its all in good nick , and wait until I build a bottom end for it and do another head then ?

Cheers
Chris

Post subject: Re: G16B build advice
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:37 am 

I sent you a PM.